Waste Management

Updated Jul 20, 2014

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Route Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Very little to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Route Manager Interview

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management in March 2012.

This has to be the worst experience ever. I was originally contacted in October and had the following: 1 phone interview, HR interview, District Manager interview, Director of Operations Interview, and then another Route Manager interview all over the course of 6 months for 1 position! After all that you think I would be given courtesy on whether or not I got the job, but I was suppose to hear back 2 weeks ago and nothing yet so Im assuming a no go.. I will never apply nor recommend them to anyone.

Route Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management in June 2011.

I applied on line for 3 different postions, I received 3 "job closed" emails. Then on a holiday afternoon i recived and email froma recurter, We emailed back and forth to set an interview time up, we agreed on a time and we met. The interevew was a very casual yet perfesional interview. The interview was very easy going. We went thruogh my resume in detail, and the asked detailed questiuons and expect detailed awnsers. Then we went through a section or what if's and how did you type stuff. After that she informentme that the wanted to have the DM interview me , I said no time like the present. She went to see if he was available, and he was not at that time, but we made and appointment for next week. So i have interview # 2 on deck....

Route Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in May 2011.

I received a call from a screener in California who reviewed my previous job history and really dug in to see if I had the exact experience they were looking for. She said she would forward my app to the hiring team. About a week later, I rceived a call from an admin asst. for the hiring team to schedule another phone interview. A week after that I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The rest is history...

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to take in a lot of information before making a decision   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in May 2010.

Interview process moves very slowly. Standard "canned" questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Very situational, behavioral in nature.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. Pretty standard to come in at lower part of pay band.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in May 2010.

I was recruited by head hunter. Interviewed by GM and Market Area Rep .for 6 hours. Sometime one at a time, sometimes they tag-teamed against me. The intent was to see how I reacted under stress.

Interview Questions
    • The difficulty lies in the fact that the interview went on so long and was stressfull. They were looking to see if I could handle the stress and being overwhelmed by their demands   Answer Question
    Yes I was able to negotiate and we agreed on my wages and benefits.. Then at the last minute, they changed everything knowing I had already put in my notice.