Waste Management Sales Representative Interview Questions

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Conversational

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You get what they offer. Very rarely do the negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Allentown, PA) in February 2008.

Interview

phone interview with recruiter and then 1-1 with manager easy interview why should i hire you, etc

Interview Questions

• tell me about a difficult situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

not able to negotiate was hired under minimum salary band for position i found out later

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Was called by the recruiter. Brief interview, and then had appointment with sales manager. He seemed not to like the recruiter. Gave me a "great, another one from the recruiter attitude." After talking we kind of hit it off. Said he would contact me in a few days for a second interview, with his supervisor. Who he didn't like... Was contacted a 2 weeks later. Met with the Sales Manager and DM. Strange. Just weird. One guy selling the company as a "price and benefit" place, the selling that they were "environmentally friendly..." No one seemed on the same page. Went, OK. Said they would contact me in a few days. 2 weeks went by, called me again for another meeting, to make an offer. I passed...

Interview Questions

• I see you have a B.S. in Business. Over the last few years, have you taken any environmental study courses?   1 Answer

Strange place. No one was on the same page...

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Memphis, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online three times and I was able to get two interviews about six months apart, but never got any response after my interviews. In both interviews I was interviewed by one person. I don't know what to do to get past the interview. I have 17 years of experience as a swing driver at different garbage truck companies and able to drive and do the work.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in May 2010.

Interview

Found the job posting through a current employee, she forwarded my resume to HR and they contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview we scheduled a face to face. The first interview was very laid back, walk me through your resume, why WM, why you, etc. The following week I was asked to come back for a second interview. The second interview was with a different manager, it was similar to the first with the exception of the clarity of the roles of the position. The two managers had very different / conflicting descriptions of the position. All in all, it was a positive interview experience but I suggest asking several probing questions to find out exactly what type of position you are interviewing for.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

Contacted by GM who thought HR had already spoken with me, when they had not. 2 hour 1:1 interview in a casual setting with role playing questions- very odd. The interview was far too long to be anything close to productive. Was asked to present a PowerPoint on " my attributes". My submission was barely acknowledged. I followed up dutifully to be told the position was being " re-upped" and I am in running. I received a thank-you but no thank-you from talent acquisition unbenounced to the GM an hour later. A hiring freeze was in place through 2012.. Funny, they seem to be hiring old cronies from Allied Waste without regard to freeze.