Waste Management

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – first spoke with national recruiter on the phone who set up face to face meeting, very generic questions, just read the job description and feel comfortable with responsibility section

Negotiation Details – you can expect them to low ball, can probably get 10% more

Territory Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details – Used a recruiting agency. Agency sent resume and set up interview with Hiring Manager.
completed the first interview with the hiring manager - more or less standard tell me about yourself, asked why I had left previous positions. Second interiew was right after the first interview with the hiring mangers boss. After interviews sent thak you emails. About five days later HR called to say they will be sending hiring package in the mail.

Interview Question – Basic questions, Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with at a previous job?
Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your boss?
  Answer Question

Territory Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee at WM, filled out online application and personality tests, no phone interview, interviewed by manager I would be reporting to. He was a nice guy, straight-forward, open and honest about the position. The drive to the territory I would be working was going to be a daily hike, so he questioned me on this and shared his and current employees struggles with commuting, mentioning quality-of-life concerns.
Since I hadn't ruled-out the commute yet, he asked me to sell him something, which went well. I finally decided that the commute would be too much of a stretch and I thanked him for his time.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!