Watco Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operator Interview

Operator
Dore, ND

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Watco Companies in March 2012.

Interview Details – sent in my resume online two months went by and the site manager called to sent up a job interview. he seemed very welcoming after 5 minutes of chatting in his office he and i were both sold on me starting as a supervisor , i opted to start as an operator to work my way up from the bottom. he was impressed by this and finally agreed to the lessor position , unfortunately his time with the company was short lived like a lot of employees at watco after the interview had to wait 2 weeks for background check and drug test results to arrive at corpit

Interview Question – how would you (as a manager/supervisor ) deal with correcting bad behavior?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – because i wanted to show / lead by example. start in the trenches with the men and work my way to the top the hard way. nothing should be given, all should be earned!

Track Inspector/Manager Interview

Track Inspector/Manager
Hoover, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Watco Companies.

Interview Details – they asked a bunch of questions like how could you help them grow as a company? why should we hire you?

Negotiation Details – everything was set and there was no negotiating

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Regional Human Resources Manager
Pittsburg, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Watco Companies.

Interview Details – Process is well thought out, get to meet lots of upper mgmt, good travel arrangements if they need to fly you in. They use behavioral interviewing techniques and panel interviews, if you can break thru and get them to be personal you will get a good picture of their management style.

Interview Question – tell me about a time you had to counsel a senior manager, how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation

Director of Recruiting Interview

Director of Recruiting

Interviewed at Watco Companies

Interview Details – The hiring process was very long. Very drawn out with absolutely no communication or feedback. The Corporate HR Manager was helpful but the SVP of HR was unprofessional and did not follow through on timelines. Communication- None. Setting Expectations- None. Professionalism- None. Very disappointed in the process given the fact the company is strong and has good people working. Would recommend the company, but avoid interviewing with SVP of HR if at all possible.

Interview Question – You are OK interviewing as long as you currently have a job. If you are out of work this company is not worth it.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Logistics
Pittsburg, KS

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Watco Companies in April 2011.

Interview Details – This was an extensive interview process, consisiting of individual and group interviews. Met with a variety of company officials and all were extremely professional. Could not have been more professional and courteous.

Interview Questions

• If you were offered anoother job in 6 months, making double the salary, woiuld you take it?   Answer Question
  • If you were brought in as a consultant reviewing your last position, how would you rate your performance?   Answer Question

Worked for Watco Companies? Contribute to the Community!