Watco Companies

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

3.7

Revenue Account Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Watco Companies in October 2014.

I applied online and received a call back 7 weeks later. I was at work when I got the call so I scheduled the phone interview later that afternoon during my lunch break at 1 pm. The interviewer called at 1:07 pm

It was explained to me that they were slow to respond because of someone being on maternity leave. They asked if I was still interested in the position. I told them that I had already been hired, so it would depend on the salary being offered. I was informed that the position was an entry level position and they were offering $32,000. As this was less than what I was making I informed them that I was not interested and thanked them for the opportunity.

Note to Management: Since there is no room for negotiations in your salaries, might I suggest that you include the salary information in your job posting. It would save your people and those looking for employment time and effort.

Track Inspector/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Watco Companies.

they asked a bunch of questions like how could you help them grow as a company? why should we hire you?

everything was set and there was no negotiating

Regional Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Watco Companies.

Process is well thought out, get to meet lots of upper mgmt, good travel arrangements if they need to fly you in. They use behavioral interviewing techniques and panel interviews, if you can break thru and get them to be personal you will get a good picture of their management style.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you had to counsel a senior manager, how did you handle it ?   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation

Director of Recruiting Interview

The hiring process was very long. Very drawn out with absolutely no communication or feedback. The Corporate HR Manager was helpful but the SVP of HR was unprofessional and did not follow through on timelines. Communication- None. Setting Expectations- None. Professionalism- None. Very disappointed in the process given the fact the company is strong and has good people working. Would recommend the company, but avoid interviewing with SVP of HR if at all possible.

Interview Questions
    • You are OK interviewing as long as you currently have a job. If you are out of work this company is not worth it.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dore, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dore, ND

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Watco Companies in March 2012.

sent in my resume online two months went by and the site manager called to sent up a job interview. he seemed very welcoming after 5 minutes of chatting in his office he and i were both sold on me starting as a supervisor , i opted to start as an operator to work my way up from the bottom. he was impressed by this and finally agreed to the lessor position , unfortunately his time with the company was short lived like a lot of employees at watco after the interview had to wait 2 weeks for background check and drug test results to arrive at corpit

Interview Questions
    • how would you (as a manager/supervisor ) deal with correcting bad behavior?   View Answer

because i wanted to show / lead by example. start in the trenches with the men and work my way to the top the hard way. nothing should be given, all should be earned!

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, KS

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Watco Companies in April 2011.

This was an extensive interview process, consisiting of individual and group interviews. Met with a variety of company officials and all were extremely professional. Could not have been more professional and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • If you were offered anoother job in 6 months, making double the salary, woiuld you take it?   Answer Question
    • If you were brought in as a consultant reviewing your last position, how would you rate your performance?   Answer Question