Waters

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Milford, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Waters.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was long, several months of return interviews with different people. Slow to make decisions.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult about questions on job interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, was able to negotiate, but don't be greedy, salary should be comparable with experiencing,

Milford, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Waters in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter and had a brief phone interview with him prior to setting up a second phone interview with the hiring manager. After a fairly lengthy interview with the hiring manager (mostly non-technical) was brought in to meet a variety of directors managers and engineers as well as HR. During the on-site I was also able to tour the facility. Overall a good experience.

Interview Question – Some questions about pump physics and heat transfer caught me off guard, but were fairly reasonable in difficulty.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Instrument Evaluation Scientist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waters in January 2013.

Interview Details – The most unprofessional interview experience I have had. My first indication I was having an interview came as an email from a hiring manager telling me to fill out a form before an interview (which I had not been informed of). Then HR called and scheduled 2 phone interviews for Wednesday - an neither person called. On Thursday, someone who was not the hiring manager called and asked a series of typical questions. I had substantially more technical experience than the interviewer which was awkward. Then he said "well you will have lots of other opportunities" and hung up. The hiring manager never called.

Interview Question – Typical interview. Some questions were unexpected in that they were answered in both my CV and on line questionnaire - neither which the interviewer read.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Taunton, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Waters in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of scenario questions, that was about it.

Interview Question – How well do you work under pressure?   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Development Engineer
Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Waters in July 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, and was told that I would be brought in for a second interview, but did not hear back or get any feedback.

Interview Question – Previous experience with instrumentation.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Milford, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waters in February 2010.

Interview Details – Had 2 initial phone interviews and 2 subsequent in-person interviews with multiple interviewers in each visit (escalating in authority the further into the process I got). Overall, everyone was very friendly and the culure seems good.

Interview Question – If I walked into your office today, what would it look like?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This company doesn't typically offer bonus incentives to new employees - its an earned benefit. So plan on negotiating on salary and vacation benefits.

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Milford, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waters in April 2008.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager.
Then I went through 2 sets of interviews.
5 the first time, then 4 the second time, including HR to discuss salary.
Interviews are not very hard, they just want to make sure they have the right person.

Interview Question – Do you tend to lose pens?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fix in your mind the amount you will be happy with, be reasonable.
Start your negotiation a little higher than you will be happy with.

I actually surprisingly got the first amount I put out.

Marketing Interview

Milford, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waters in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process took about 2 months from the time I applied to when I found out that I wasn't being offered the position. The interview process consisted of 2 phone screens and 2 on-site interviews (including group panel). Everyone I spoke with was very kind and passionate about the company. I was one of 2 in the final round but wasn't offered the position. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Question – You have no experience in this industry, how would learn about the products?   View Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Waters in May 2011.

Interview Details – Quick, clear and very friendly and confortable

Interview Question – They ask me to draw a GC mass spectrometer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not flexible

Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waters.

Interview Details – Typical phone interview followed by a site visit with a manager and vice president. Typical HR questions such as: why should we hire you, who are your role models, strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Question – 1 physics question at the end.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Waters

Worked for Waters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waters interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Waters employees and interview candidates.