Waters

Waters Interview Questions

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

Bulk Synthesis Operator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waters in July 2014.

Got an initial call from a staffing agency to send in my resume. They liked it and offered me an interview the next day. The interview was more of a sales pitch to me and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • They were very interested in if I would be able to come in on time. It seems they've had trouble with tardiness in the past.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

too long ago, interviewed by 6 people or so. Questions were reasonable, overall impression and ability to learn were valued above formal level of education (at least at the time of hire)

Interview Questions
    • reasonable questions for someone directly out of college   Answer Question

Senior Ms Field Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Waters in June 2014.

2 Phone interviews, followed by onsite. I had dinner with them (2-3) the night before, then on the interview day, i first did a presentation, then 1:1 interviews with about 10 or so people. Technical questions, mainly. The questions are very reasonable. the basic idea is that if you put it on your resume, you shall be able to talk about it intellectually. There are also some questions about the presentation.

Interview Questions
    • asked to draw a GC inlet, ToF and Triple Quad. Mostly technical question. One guy asked me to teach him something in 5 min, just anything I know. I think due to the fact that the job would require some teaching skill.   View Answer
    the offer is reasonable, don't be greedy.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Waters in June 2014.

Preliminary phone interview followed by 2 rounds of interviews with a total of seven people over two days. Informal interview process focused more on prior experience and projects, some coding test on white board

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict you had with a co-worker and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Waters.

Interviewing process was long, several months of return interviews with different people. Slow to make decisions.

Interview Questions
    Yes, was able to negotiate, but don't be greedy, salary should be comparable with experiencing,

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Waters in July 2013.

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter and had a brief phone interview with him prior to setting up a second phone interview with the hiring manager. After a fairly lengthy interview with the hiring manager (mostly non-technical) was brought in to meet a variety of directors managers and engineers as well as HR. During the on-site I was also able to tour the facility. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about pump physics and heat transfer caught me off guard, but were fairly reasonable in difficulty.   Answer Question

Instrument Evaluation Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waters in January 2013.

The most unprofessional interview experience I have had. My first indication I was having an interview came as an email from a hiring manager telling me to fill out a form before an interview (which I had not been informed of). Then HR called and scheduled 2 phone interviews for Wednesday - an neither person called. On Thursday, someone who was not the hiring manager called and asked a series of typical questions. I had substantially more technical experience than the interviewer which was awkward. Then he said "well you will have lots of other opportunities" and hung up. The hiring manager never called.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview. Some questions were unexpected in that they were answered in both my CV and on line questionnaire - neither which the interviewer read.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Waters in December 2011.

Interview consisted of scenario questions, that was about it.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waters in July 2011.

I had a phone interview, and was told that I would be brought in for a second interview, but did not hear back or get any feedback.

Financial Analyst II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Waters in May 2011.

Very slow process due to internal red tape. Even with an aggressive hiring manager it took 2 months from phone screen to start date. Had initial phone screen with hiring manager and came in next day for about an hour in person interview with same manager. Came back a couple weeks later to meet with the 2 levels above hiring manager, director the role supports, and HR.

The interviews and the people were very pleasant and made for a comfortable day.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few "give an example of" type questions which can sometimes throw you off, for both positive and negative result things. Nothing specific really stands out as nothing overly difficult.   Answer Question