Waterway Gas & Wash Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2014
Updated May 8, 2014

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waterway Gas & Wash.

I applied online and was contacted by phone for a face to face interview. I went to the kirkwood location and spent about 2 hours talking with the manager of that store and the chesterfield location. They asked basic interview questions and said I would receive my notification within a week.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you will dislike about this position?   Answer Question

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waterway Gas & Wash in February 2014.

30-45 minute phone interview which was mostly information on the company and what they do. At the end, my first interview was scheduled. Went to the first interview where I was interviewed by a senior manager. This interview took about an hour. I passed the first interview, signed a non-compete and had a preemployment drug screening, and then moved on to the second interview. Second interview was a few days later and lasted about an hour at another Waterway location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, SC

I applied through other source - interviewed at Waterway Gas & Wash in February 2014.

I met with the manager in south Denver and he told me to get back to him. He told me to get a test done the next week. I interviewed on Friday and was told to call another manager to set up a working interview. I called the other manager on Monday and he never called me back. I called again on Tuesday and Wednesday he finally called me back and told me I waited to long to take test when the manager before told me it was not a rush.

I was told it was around 40k a year but negotiable, however when I spoke to the other manager he was rude and declined me for employment because I did not get the drug test on the Friday that I interviewed. The communication line was terrible and they were not upfront about expectations.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waterway Gas & Wash.

Hiring process consisted of one phone interview and three in person interviews. Background check and drug test were conducted along with personality test and other skills assessments. I visited multiple locations for interviews which included an initial interview, a second interview where I temporarily shadowed, and a final interview with upper management.

Interview Questions
    • The long personality test and skills assessment given during final interview was unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, everyone starts on the same salary plan.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Waterway Gas & Wash in January 2013.

You initially start out with a phone call with the company's recruiting manager. He does a good job going over the resume you submitted before even calling you. So there is some pre-screening involved.

During the phone call he was very laid back, and just talked about the company. This isn't your traditional job after college, and he kind of tries to sell the position to you, but also does an impromptu interview with you. I was hooked after seeing all the similarities from the pros of the job with my wishes for a job. So we decided to set up an in person interview with a Senior Manager of the Region. I will keep names out of this, due to privacy.

The interview with the Senior Manager was your typical set up. Situation-based questions, questions about your past experiences, weaknesses, etc. Normal Interview kind of set-up. The Senior Manager liked me enough and sent me through to the General Manager's interview.

The GM's was more of the same, and offered for myself to come in for a job-shadow with herself and the Senior Manager. It was just another kind of interview, but I got to see the store ran and see myself in the shoes of the other managers there. It was a pretty good process.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 12 months?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Just happy to get my foot in the door after 2 years of interviews and nothing beyond that.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Waterway Gas & Wash in February 2010.

very simple and laid back. looking to hire mainly young high school kids.

Interview Questions
    none. hourly wage was take it or leave it

Store Manager Interview

Phone conversation to make sure it was the right fit, interview with store manager, then interview with district and territorial managers. Questions were pretty straight forward. Interviews went well, but was never contacted after my last interview. Certainly not professional.

LIne Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Waterway Gas & Wash in June 2008.

It took a while to actually get them to give me an interview. I called with no response and eventually had to just show up and they gave me the first of three interviews. it was mainly just talking back and forth about availability, can you do this and that. just to make sure that I was a normal person and could handle the work.

Interview Questions
    • You are stranded on an island. You have one book, one song on your ipod, one food and one beverage for the rest of your days. what are they?   Answer Question

Worked for Waterway Gas & Wash? Contribute to the Community!