Watlow Electric Manufacturing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Worker Interview

Production Worker
Richmond, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in July 2009.

Interview Details – Went through Temp Agency initially. Met at McDonald's to take first grade level math test. Then I was called to the plant for an interview by the hr rep who told me my upcoming divorce/trial issues would not be a problem as I would need off some mornings for all the junk I had to testify for.

Interview Question – I don't recall anything being really out of the ordinary with this interview. I was returning to the work place after 8 years of being a stay at home mom.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any.

Production Intern Interview

Production Intern

I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in April 2012.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed for one of three positions and initially turned down. Due to a rejection from another candidate I was contacted with an offer to interview. I accepted and received an offer for an internship within the next week. Standard drug test, conflict-of-interest, confidentiality agreements all applied.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Richmond, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in January 2011.

Interview Details – Set up with a staffing agency. First step was a phone screen, followed by an on-site interview. This was 3 separate interviews, 2 of which were with 2 interviewers and one was with 1 interviewer followed by a short facility tour. The next step would be another on site interview with the interviewer giving a presentation to demonstrate speaking skills.

Interview Questions

Purchasing Interview

Purchasing

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in October 2009.

Interview Details – My last interview was and internal job posting and I fell these are the most difficult because you have to interview with individuals that you have worked with in the past. I felt like they already know my capabilities. I tried to make myself feel like I was applying for this job not knowing the company or people already.

Interview Question – What are your worst assests?   View Answer

Senior Business Consulting Manager Interview

Senior Business Consulting Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in January 2010.

Interview Details – The HR recruiter called first to ensure that I would be willing to interview for this position even though the salary was lower. I explained that I often return real value ($$) in my roles and still wanted to continue looking into the opportunity. A phone interview was arranged with the IT Director out of St. Louis. It lasted about 2 hours. We discussed the challenges in the job, the IT organization, the business, IT strategy (or lack of it), people, etc. He was very gracious and open in the conversation which enabled me to make a clear assessment of the position.

Interview Questions

• What is my background?   Answer Question
  • How would I handle a situation with business partners and help them align to common IT systems solutions and prevent one-off regional enhancements?   Answer Question

Worked for Watlow Electric Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!