Watlow Electric Manufacturing

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.4

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing.

Long and overkill. I though I was interviewing for a job in the intelligence agency. 3 people and 2 groups of them interviewed me. They had a bunch of premade questions to give me and it took forever to complete. Some questions were also pretty close from group to group. Like they were trying to catch me on my answers.

take it or leave it

Engineer I, Process Engineer Interview

Everything including the application and interview scheduling process was set up through my schools career department. An interview request was within 2 weeks of submitting my application. The whole process was a fairly stress free environment.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing complicated. It was standard behavioral scenario interview questions.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Multiple sessions and so many scenarios. Multiple screenings and verifications. I thought I was applying to the CIA after awhile. All these jumping through hoops for the pay level was funny in hind sight. They should have been happy to get someone with that pay level

here is the offer. Take it or leave it. No discussion

Engineer Interview

Had a interview on campus and then was invited to the HQ is STL. Had three interviews with two people each. Some of the included the VP of Engineering, CEO, CMO, and HR director. Was a great experience. Was invited down with ~15 others. Was told they were hiring between 4 and 7 individuals. Interview less than a week ago and should here back within the next two or three.

Rotational Technical Excellence Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in October 2014.

I met them in the campus career fair. Then was invited to campus interview. All the questions were behavioral and got to know more about the company and rotational program.
    Invited to a second interview in St Louis. Had a social the night before the interview, there were many senior level management staff, senior engineers, and alumni from the rotational program. The next day is the interview, and we also got to tour their facility. It was surprising to see the company CEO showing up for the interview process, it shows that the company really cares about this program.
    3 rounds of interview, mostly behavioral but they also ask in detail of your previous technical projects so make sure to remember all the details.

It was a great overall experience, everyone seems to know each other and they really care if you are having a good time during the whole process.

Interview Questions

Had a better offer from another company

Manufacturing Coop Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in October 2014.

Sat in a room with two people. They had me ask questions before the interview instead of after. Then they just went through a list of behavioral questions. One person asked the questions and the other wrote the answer down. Very impersonal interview made it difficult for me since there was no way to get a real conversation going. But if you just memorize standard answers to standard behavioral questions you'll be fine.

Production Intern Interview

interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in April 2012.

Initially interviewed for one of three positions and initially turned down. Due to a rejection from another candidate I was contacted with an offer to interview. I accepted and received an offer for an internship within the next week. Standard drug test, conflict-of-interest, confidentiality agreements all applied.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in January 2011.

Set up with a staffing agency. First step was a phone screen, followed by an on-site interview. This was 3 separate interviews, 2 of which were with 2 interviewers and one was with 1 interviewer followed by a short facility tour. The next step would be another on site interview with the interviewer giving a presentation to demonstrate speaking skills.

Interview Questions
    • Describe Six Sigma   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were on a team and you did not agree with the original decisions made by the team.   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in July 2009.

Went through Temp Agency initially. Met at McDonald's to take first grade level math test. Then I was called to the plant for an interview by the hr rep who told me my upcoming divorce/trial issues would not be a problem as I would need off some mornings for all the junk I had to testify for.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall anything being really out of the ordinary with this interview. I was returning to the work place after 8 years of being a stay at home mom.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any.

Senior Business Consulting Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in January 2010.

The HR recruiter called first to ensure that I would be willing to interview for this position even though the salary was lower. I explained that I often return real value ($$) in my roles and still wanted to continue looking into the opportunity. A phone interview was arranged with the IT Director out of St. Louis. It lasted about 2 hours. We discussed the challenges in the job, the IT organization, the business, IT strategy (or lack of it), people, etc. He was very gracious and open in the conversation which enabled me to make a clear assessment of the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is my background?   Answer Question
    • How would I handle a situation with business partners and help them align to common IT systems solutions and prevent one-off regional enhancements?   Answer Question