Watson Pharmaceuticals

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

I applied for the position of Engineering Intern through my school's Career Center.
I submitted my resume through the career center's system and a week later I was emailed an invitation for an on campus interview.

The interview was conducted on a Wednesday morning at my school's career center.
I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview and made small talk with some of the other candidates. Turns out they were looking for several positions, and so there were different H.R.s on campus that day.

When I finally got called up, I noticed that the gentleman who interviewed me was plainly dressed. A polo shirt and some docker slacks. We walked down the hallway and into the interview room. We immediately started talking about subjects that had little to do with my actual interview (subjects mainly about what he does now and the companies that he worked with previously.)

The interviewer is a mechanical engineer, and so he did not project the style or attitude that a typical H.R. does. It almost felt as if someone in upper management said, "hey bob, you're an engineer... go to this school and find us an intern!"

the actual interview consisted of 5 generic behavioral questions such as.
"Describe a situation where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership...."
or "What had been your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?"

Overall the interview was straight forward and I felt that I did well, then again... I spoke with other peers who where interviewed and we all agreed that it felt that interviewer didn't even want to be there; so none of us were ever sure what to think.

Final Verdict: Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a scenario where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question