Watson Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.5

IT Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

(1) Initial HR phone screen - regarding interest level, salary expectations, relocation etc
    (2) Hiring Manager designate phone interview: thorough, work-focused, one hour long conversation; specific questions around key challenges faced, STAR approach
    (3) In person interview: 4 hours long, with 4 people, good exchange
    (4) from (1) through offer took 5 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Why are you relocating to California? Are you OK with the high cost of living?   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation on base pay; they did agree to additional vacation time

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

telephonic and onsite interview

Service Support Analyst Interview

There was a phone screen with an HR representative. This interview was a 10 minute airport test at which time I was told that I would receive a call to schedule the next interview. I received a call the next day to setup a time for an on-site interview. While onsite I interviewed with the hiring manager and branch leadership.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions - the interviews were 95% behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst III Interview

I made an appt for a telephone interview with a rep named Lori, she did not call the first time. We rescheduled, and again, she missed the call. We went through this three more times until I asked for her number, she was away from the desk when i called.
    This group is incredibley unorganized, a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Unorganized, do not waste your time

Project Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

This was for an internship in the project management department. Initially a phone interview with the usual questions, nothing technical

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical, but just have some scenarios that you can think of when you had to deal with a group projects or something you had to overcome   Answer Question
    The internship had a set hourly wage

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in June 2012.

This was a whole day process. Had to meet with different departments and had a luncheon during which the interview continued. There was a power point presentation and had to summarize a clinical trial result.
    The one on one interview and group one was nice and friendly but I observed what looked like hostility during the lunch....I cannot confirm this.
    There was no question asked after the presentation though there were about 20 people in the room and an opportunity to ask questions was given by the moderator,
    Generally, very nice people.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

I applied for the position of Engineering Intern through my school's Career Center.
    I submitted my resume through the career center's system and a week later I was emailed an invitation for an on campus interview.

The interview was conducted on a Wednesday morning at my school's career center.
    I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview and made small talk with some of the other candidates. Turns out they were looking for several positions, and so there were different H.R.s on campus that day.

When I finally got called up, I noticed that the gentleman who interviewed me was plainly dressed. A polo shirt and some docker slacks. We walked down the hallway and into the interview room. We immediately started talking about subjects that had little to do with my actual interview (subjects mainly about what he does now and the companies that he worked with previously.)

The interviewer is a mechanical engineer, and so he did not project the style or attitude that a typical H.R. does. It almost felt as if someone in upper management said, "hey bob, you're an engineer... go to this school and find us an intern!"

the actual interview consisted of 5 generic behavioral questions such as.
    "Describe a situation where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership...."
    or "What had been your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?"

Overall the interview was straight forward and I felt that I did well, then again... I spoke with other peers who where interviewed and we all agreed that it felt that interviewer didn't even want to be there; so none of us were ever sure what to think.

Final Verdict: Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

Very good and not at all stressful. Interviewed with five different people - all were friendly and nice.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in February 2012.

Got a call from HR around 2 weeks before the interview. Was interviewed by the director of business analysis, the general manager and HR manager in one day. Asked me about the company, my school and prior experience. In general the interview was good and pretty straightforward. Everybody seems to be nice in this company. The culture is also more relaxed than other places.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in March 2011.

Went through 11 interviews including HR

Interview Questions
    • Company was struggling with getting IT systems under control and preparing for upcoming wave of manufacturing growth and hence most of the interviewers simply wanted to find out how I would prepare them for the challenges ahead.   Answer Question

Cash and stock bonus was very good but insufficient increase in base salary.