Watson Pharmaceuticals

21 candidate interviews

Business Systems Analyst III Interview

Business Systems Analyst III

Interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals

Interview Details – I made an appt for a telephone interview with a rep named Lori, she did not call the first time. We rescheduled, and again, she missed the call. We went through this three more times until I asked for her number, she was away from the desk when i called.
This group is incredibley unorganized, a waste of time.

Interview Question – nothing,   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unorganized, do not waste your time

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Watson is in a heavy expansion process all over the place and as such is hiring a handful of various level engineers. The process was simple, and non threatening for myself (I had an internal contact) however the job as explained in the interview was not a match for my skills or desire.

Interview Question – I was not asked any difficult questions or unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Process Operator Interview

Process Operator
Corona, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in May 2009.

Interview Details – nothing to it . just tell them what they want to hear

Negotiation Details – easy

Very Easy Interview

Service Support Analyst Interview

Service Support Analyst

Interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals

Interview Details – There was a phone screen with an HR representative. This interview was a 10 minute airport test at which time I was told that I would receive a call to schedule the next interview. I received a call the next day to setup a time for an on-site interview. While onsite I interviewed with the hiring manager and branch leadership.

Interview Question – There were no hard questions - the interviews were 95% behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

QA Specialist Interview

QA Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Applied online. I got a very short, over the phone interview. It was about 15 minutes long with basic questions about my skills and a few behavioral questions. A week later, they called me for an in person interview. Most questions were behavioral. Nothing too technical. Interview was about 30 minutes long. Good corporate culture, friendly atmosphere.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years? How do you think this position can help you get there?   Answer Question

IT Asset Management Interview

IT Asset Management

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a Director and Ass. Director in the IT department at Parsippany. Both were extremely professional during the interview. Both knew what they wanted in a candidate and conveyed that during interview. Both were very professional/nice throughout the whole process.

The external recruiter used by Watson was very weak. Did not ask for my feedback on the interview nor followed up with me. I had to follow up with her numerous times only to be told in one line that the company would pass. I received no feedback on my interview nor any info on why the organization passed. This was a great disservice to the 4+hrs spent on this interview. The recruiter throughout the whole process was very unresponsive and unprofessional.

Interview Question – Ok Sell yourself to me on why I should give you this job.   Answer Question

QA Assistant Interview

QA Assistant
Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

Interview Details – interview iwth HOD of dept general as easy
Then finally with HR manager for confirmation

Interview Question – nothing as it is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations as it was contractual type job

Project Management Intern Interview

Project Management Intern
Corona, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – This was for an internship in the project management department. Initially a phone interview with the usual questions, nothing technical

Interview Question – Nothing technical, but just have some scenarios that you can think of when you had to deal with a group projects or something you had to overcome   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The internship had a set hourly wage

Plant Manager Interview

Plant Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in October 2008.

Interview Details – just a phone interview. Went back and forth. Late in the process, another candidate that had worked for the company previously was preferred, so process ended.

Interview Questions

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Corona, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position of Engineering Intern through my school's Career Center.
I submitted my resume through the career center's system and a week later I was emailed an invitation for an on campus interview.

The interview was conducted on a Wednesday morning at my school's career center.
I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview and made small talk with some of the other candidates. Turns out they were looking for several positions, and so there were different H.R.s on campus that day.

When I finally got called up, I noticed that the gentleman who interviewed me was plainly dressed. A polo shirt and some docker slacks. We walked down the hallway and into the interview room. We immediately started talking about subjects that had little to do with my actual interview (subjects mainly about what he does now and the companies that he worked with previously.)

The interviewer is a mechanical engineer, and so he did not project the style or attitude that a typical H.R. does. It almost felt as if someone in upper management said, "hey bob, you're an engineer... go to this school and find us an intern!"

the actual interview consisted of 5 generic behavioral questions such as.
"Describe a situation where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership...."
or "What had been your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?"

Overall the interview was straight forward and I felt that I did well, then again... I spoke with other peers who where interviewed and we all agreed that it felt that interviewer didn't even want to be there; so none of us were ever sure what to think.

Final Verdict: Still waiting for a response.

Interview Question – Describe a scenario where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

Worked for Watson Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!