Watson Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.5

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Watson is in a heavy expansion process all over the place and as such is hiring a handful of various level engineers. The process was simple, and non threatening for myself (I had an internal contact) however the job as explained in the interview was not a match for my skills or desire.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any difficult questions or unexpected.   Answer Question

Interview

I made an appt for a telephone interview with a rep named Lori, she did not call the first time. We rescheduled, and again, she missed the call. We went through this three more times until I asked for her number, she was away from the desk when i called. This group is incredibley unorganized, a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Unorganized, do not waste your time

Service Support Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a phone screen with an HR representative. This interview was a 10 minute airport test at which time I was told that I would receive a call to schedule the next interview. I received a call the next day to setup a time for an on-site interview. While onsite I interviewed with the hiring manager and branch leadership.

Interview Questions

• There were no hard questions - the interviews were 95% behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals (Corona, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

nothing to it . just tell them what they want to hear

Negotiation

easy

QA Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals (Mumbai (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

interview iwth HOD of dept general as easy Then finally with HR manager for confirmation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations as it was contractual type job

QA Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Applied online. I got a very short, over the phone interview. It was about 15 minutes long with basic questions about my skills and a few behavioral questions. A week later, they called me for an in person interview. Most questions were behavioral. Nothing too technical. Interview was about 30 minutes long. Good corporate culture, friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? How do you think this position can help you get there?   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2008.

Interview

just a phone interview. Went back and forth. Late in the process, another candidate that had worked for the company previously was preferred, so process ended.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was brief and significantly confusing. Seemed to be more of a personal chat than an exploration of experience, skills and potential fit with the position. Not sure what the company was looking for - but they apparently did not find it in any of the candidates they interviewed as the job was reposted to job boards the following week.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals (Corona, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position of Engineering Intern through my school's Career Center. I submitted my resume through the career center's system and a week later I was emailed an invitation for an on campus interview. The interview was conducted on a Wednesday morning at my school's career center. I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview and made small talk with some of the other candidates. Turns out they were looking for several positions, and so there were different H.R.s on campus that day. When I finally got called up, I noticed that the gentleman who interviewed me was plainly dressed. A polo shirt and some docker slacks. We walked down the hallway and into the interview room. We immediately started talking about subjects that had little to do with my actual interview (subjects mainly about what he does now and the companies that he worked with previously.) The interviewer is a mechanical engineer, and so he did not project the style or attitude that a typical H.R. does. It almost felt as if someone in upper management said, "hey bob, you're an engineer... go to this school and find us an intern!" the actual interview consisted of 5 generic behavioral questions such as. "Describe a situation where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership...." or "What had been your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?" Overall the interview was straight forward and I felt that I did well, then again... I spoke with other peers who where interviewed and we all agreed that it felt that interviewer didn't even want to be there; so none of us were ever sure what to think. Final Verdict: Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

IT Asset Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Interviewed with a Director and Ass. Director in the IT department at Parsippany. Both were extremely professional during the interview. Both knew what they wanted in a candidate and conveyed that during interview. Both were very professional/nice throughout the whole process. The external recruiter used by Watson was very weak. Did not ask for my feedback on the interview nor followed up with me. I had to follow up with her numerous times only to be told in one line that the company would pass. I received no feedback on my interview nor any info on why the organization passed. This was a great disservice to the 4+hrs spent on this interview. The recruiter throughout the whole process was very unresponsive and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Ok Sell yourself to me on why I should give you this job.   Answer Question