Watson Pharmaceuticals

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.5

IT Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

(1) Initial HR phone screen - regarding interest level, salary expectations, relocation etc
    (2) Hiring Manager designate phone interview: thorough, work-focused, one hour long conversation; specific questions around key challenges faced, STAR approach
    (3) In person interview: 4 hours long, with 4 people, good exchange
    (4) from (1) through offer took 5 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Why are you relocating to California? Are you OK with the high cost of living?   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation on base pay; they did agree to additional vacation time

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in July 2010.

Phone interview, next was a 1 on 1 interview with several management, and then if they see you are a good candidate to the company they make you an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None, be yourself and answer the most you can to the best of your knowledge   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

telephonic and onsite interview

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in March 2011.

Went through 11 interviews including HR

Interview Questions
    • Company was struggling with getting IT systems under control and preparing for upcoming wave of manufacturing growth and hence most of the interviewers simply wanted to find out how I would prepare them for the challenges ahead.   Answer Question

Cash and stock bonus was very good but insufficient increase in base salary.

QA Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Applied online. I got a very short, over the phone interview. It was about 15 minutes long with basic questions about my skills and a few behavioral questions. A week later, they called me for an in person interview. Most questions were behavioral. Nothing too technical. Interview was about 30 minutes long. Good corporate culture, friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years? How do you think this position can help you get there?   Answer Question

Service Support Analyst Interview

There was a phone screen with an HR representative. This interview was a 10 minute airport test at which time I was told that I would receive a call to schedule the next interview. I received a call the next day to setup a time for an on-site interview. While onsite I interviewed with the hiring manager and branch leadership.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions - the interviews were 95% behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in May 2009.

nothing to it . just tell them what they want to hear

easy

Business Systems Analyst III Interview

I made an appt for a telephone interview with a rep named Lori, she did not call the first time. We rescheduled, and again, she missed the call. We went through this three more times until I asked for her number, she was away from the desk when i called.
    This group is incredibley unorganized, a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Unorganized, do not waste your time

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in February 2009.

HR, Hiring manager, coworker, director

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in June 2012.

This was a whole day process. Had to meet with different departments and had a luncheon during which the interview continued. There was a power point presentation and had to summarize a clinical trial result.
    The one on one interview and group one was nice and friendly but I observed what looked like hostility during the lunch....I cannot confirm this.
    There was no question asked after the presentation though there were about 20 people in the room and an opportunity to ask questions was given by the moderator,
    Generally, very nice people.