Watson Pharmaceuticals

Relevance Date Difficulty

Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Regulatory Affairs Associate
Parsippany, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very good and not at all stressful. Interviewed with five different people - all were friendly and nice.

Interview Question – Describe when you worked in a group.   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Weston, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in February 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR around 2 weeks before the interview. Was interviewed by the director of business analysis, the general manager and HR manager in one day. Asked me about the company, my school and prior experience. In general the interview was good and pretty straightforward. Everybody seems to be nice in this company. The culture is also more relaxed than other places.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Anda?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Weston, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in June 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online in November 2008, I received a call back in February 2009. HR was the medium of contact and indicated their interest in my skills set. The interview consisted of two managers, very easy going. I was asked the "sell a pen" interview question. They were very informative of the overall job description.

Interview Question – Sell me a pen.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. The company was set on what they were willing to give.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Corona, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position of Engineering Intern through my school's Career Center.
I submitted my resume through the career center's system and a week later I was emailed an invitation for an on campus interview.

The interview was conducted on a Wednesday morning at my school's career center.
I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview and made small talk with some of the other candidates. Turns out they were looking for several positions, and so there were different H.R.s on campus that day.

When I finally got called up, I noticed that the gentleman who interviewed me was plainly dressed. A polo shirt and some docker slacks. We walked down the hallway and into the interview room. We immediately started talking about subjects that had little to do with my actual interview (subjects mainly about what he does now and the companies that he worked with previously.)

The interviewer is a mechanical engineer, and so he did not project the style or attitude that a typical H.R. does. It almost felt as if someone in upper management said, "hey bob, you're an engineer... go to this school and find us an intern!"

the actual interview consisted of 5 generic behavioral questions such as.
"Describe a situation where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership...."
or "What had been your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?"

Overall the interview was straight forward and I felt that I did well, then again... I spoke with other peers who where interviewed and we all agreed that it felt that interviewer didn't even want to be there; so none of us were ever sure what to think.

Final Verdict: Still waiting for a response.

Interview Question – Describe a scenario where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Plant Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

The process took a day - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in October 2008.

Interview Details – just a phone interview. Went back and forth. Late in the process, another candidate that had worked for the company previously was preferred, so process ended.

Interview Questions

QA Specialist Interview

QA Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Applied online. I got a very short, over the phone interview. It was about 15 minutes long with basic questions about my skills and a few behavioral questions. A week later, they called me for an in person interview. Most questions were behavioral. Nothing too technical. Interview was about 30 minutes long. Good corporate culture, friendly atmosphere.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years? How do you think this position can help you get there?   Answer Question

IT Asset Management Interview

IT Asset Management

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a Director and Ass. Director in the IT department at Parsippany. Both were extremely professional during the interview. Both knew what they wanted in a candidate and conveyed that during interview. Both were very professional/nice throughout the whole process.

The external recruiter used by Watson was very weak. Did not ask for my feedback on the interview nor followed up with me. I had to follow up with her numerous times only to be told in one line that the company would pass. I received no feedback on my interview nor any info on why the organization passed. This was a great disservice to the 4+hrs spent on this interview. The recruiter throughout the whole process was very unresponsive and unprofessional.

Interview Question – Ok Sell yourself to me on why I should give you this job.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interview Details – Watson is in a heavy expansion process all over the place and as such is hiring a handful of various level engineers. The process was simple, and non threatening for myself (I had an internal contact) however the job as explained in the interview was not a match for my skills or desire.

Interview Question – I was not asked any difficult questions or unexpected.   Answer Question

QA Assistant Interview

QA Assistant
Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

Interview Details – interview iwth HOD of dept general as easy
Then finally with HR manager for confirmation

Interview Question – nothing as it is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations as it was contractual type job

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was brief and significantly confusing. Seemed to be more of a personal chat than an exploration of experience, skills and potential fit with the position. Not sure what the company was looking for - but they apparently did not find it in any of the candidates they interviewed as the job was reposted to job boards the following week.

Interview Question – What do you know about Watson Pharmaceuticals?   Answer Question