Watson Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014

2.5

Project Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

This was for an internship in the project management department. Initially a phone interview with the usual questions, nothing technical

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical, but just have some scenarios that you can think of when you had to deal with a group projects or something you had to overcome   Answer Question
    The internship had a set hourly wage

IT Asset Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Interviewed with a Director and Ass. Director in the IT department at Parsippany. Both were extremely professional during the interview. Both knew what they wanted in a candidate and conveyed that during interview. Both were very professional/nice throughout the whole process.

The external recruiter used by Watson was very weak. Did not ask for my feedback on the interview nor followed up with me. I had to follow up with her numerous times only to be told in one line that the company would pass. I received no feedback on my interview nor any info on why the organization passed. This was a great disservice to the 4+hrs spent on this interview. The recruiter throughout the whole process was very unresponsive and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Ok Sell yourself to me on why I should give you this job.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals.

Watson is in a heavy expansion process all over the place and as such is hiring a handful of various level engineers. The process was simple, and non threatening for myself (I had an internal contact) however the job as explained in the interview was not a match for my skills or desire.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult questions or unexpected.   Answer Question

QA Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

interview iwth HOD of dept general as easy
    Then finally with HR manager for confirmation

Interview Questions
    no negotiations as it was contractual type job

Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

Very good and not at all stressful. Interviewed with five different people - all were friendly and nice.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in February 2012.

Got a call from HR around 2 weeks before the interview. Was interviewed by the director of business analysis, the general manager and HR manager in one day. Asked me about the company, my school and prior experience. In general the interview was good and pretty straightforward. Everybody seems to be nice in this company. The culture is also more relaxed than other places.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in November 2011.

The interview process was brief and significantly confusing. Seemed to be more of a personal chat than an exploration of experience, skills and potential fit with the position. Not sure what the company was looking for - but they apparently did not find it in any of the candidates they interviewed as the job was reposted to job boards the following week.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in June 2010.

I submitted my application online in November 2008, I received a call back in February 2009. HR was the medium of contact and indicated their interest in my skills set. The interview consisted of two managers, very easy going. I was asked the "sell a pen" interview question. They were very informative of the overall job description.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation. The company was set on what they were willing to give.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in March 2012.

I applied for the position of Engineering Intern through my school's Career Center.
    I submitted my resume through the career center's system and a week later I was emailed an invitation for an on campus interview.

The interview was conducted on a Wednesday morning at my school's career center.
    I arrived about 10 minutes before the interview and made small talk with some of the other candidates. Turns out they were looking for several positions, and so there were different H.R.s on campus that day.

When I finally got called up, I noticed that the gentleman who interviewed me was plainly dressed. A polo shirt and some docker slacks. We walked down the hallway and into the interview room. We immediately started talking about subjects that had little to do with my actual interview (subjects mainly about what he does now and the companies that he worked with previously.)

The interviewer is a mechanical engineer, and so he did not project the style or attitude that a typical H.R. does. It almost felt as if someone in upper management said, "hey bob, you're an engineer... go to this school and find us an intern!"

the actual interview consisted of 5 generic behavioral questions such as.
    "Describe a situation where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership...."
    or "What had been your biggest challenge and how did you overcome it?"

Overall the interview was straight forward and I felt that I did well, then again... I spoke with other peers who where interviewed and we all agreed that it felt that interviewer didn't even want to be there; so none of us were ever sure what to think.

Final Verdict: Still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario where you had to work in a team and you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Watson Pharmaceuticals in May 2009.

It was extremely quick.

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to take a step back in your career for this opportunity?   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation.