WaveCreste

Very Easy Interview

MIS Contractor Interview

MIS Contractor
Abilene, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at WaveCreste in April 2011.

Interview Details – Received a skills self-assessment by email. Filled it out, sent it back and waited. About a month later I got a call asking for an interview time over the phone. On the day of the interview, GNS walked through my skills assessment and basically read it back to me, asking if what they read was correct. I was asked if I'd be interested in a position that involved specific technology, language and platform experience, and to say how confident I was that my skills would be a match.

Upon being hired, I found I had been given a completely different position requiring different skills than what was asked for (no problem as I had these other skills, too). Later I discovered that the interviewer had no experience in the area I was being interviewed for, other than generic operations management of computer systems at a local college. MIS and application development were not in the interviewer's experience. Therefore, what the client asked for is not what the interviewer understood to be the case, and my interview was based on misconceptions of the job to be filled.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you're more a mainframe support person or a web developer?   View Answer
  • No other difficult questions. Just reading back my self-assessment of skills and asking me if I still agreed with what I had written earlier.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None whatsoever. It was very much Take it or Leave it, and Give Me Your Answer Today.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

Interviewed at WaveCreste

Interview Details – standard interview questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for WaveCreste? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WaveCreste interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by WaveCreste employees and interview candidates.