Wawa

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

CSA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wawa.

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview process. Took a bit to get the background check and interview scheduled.

Interview Question – None really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would try to get a better understanding on how they submit information on pay.

CSA

I applied online and interviewed at Wawa.

Interview Details – First interview is over the phone. Second is a walk in. Interview consist of life events and decisions you made according to the event. Most questions sound like "Tell me about a time you were in an unsafe environment and what you did to correct it. Wawa is all about safety and customer service.

Interview Question – All questions were similar but most were you sharing specific problems you had in the past   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa in May 2012.

Interview Details – Went into the store with my resume and was contacted the next day. Came in for a one on one interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at wawa.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation

Pierre, SD

The process took a day - interviewed at Wawa in October 2009.

Interview Details – A relatively simple one on one interview. Exactly what you would expect from a place like Wawa. Lady was nice, but I botched a couple of the behavioral questions.

I recommend coming up with various interesting situations before hand that you can pull out if you get stuck. This will result in you looking much better as if you can quickly think on your feet.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were in a position of leadership   Answer Question

South River, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wawa in January 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online, and was contacted by the Store Manager. After speaking twice on the phone, I came in for a one on one interview with him. The interview was pretty straightforward. He asked what skills I had that would make me valuable to the company. Because of my previous customer service experience, he didn't take too much convincing before offering me a position.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I was asked was, "What makes the sandwiches you make so good?" This was in response to my assertion that I would make a good addition to the team because I'm good at making sandwiches.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase took place two days after my face to face interview. I was initially offered $8/hour. I countered with $10/hour, and we settled on $8.50/hour plus a $.50/hour bonus for working the overnight shift. Although I had applied for a position inside the store, the store manager told me that I would have to shave my facial hair in order to work inside, and offered me a position pumping gas outside.

CSA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wawa in May 2011.

Interview Details – Had first interview with the fresh food manager on thursday afternoon. Got the call for my second interview within 15 minutes after the interview. Met and interviewed with the general manager on friday afternoon. Offered the job on saturday. Accepted. Came in tuesday to fill in paperwork. started training the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your work experience when you had to handle alot of things going on at once. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • What do you think is the best way to handle an irrate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt feel the need to negotiate and i'm not even sure if it is negotiable because you are up for a raise after your first 2 months.

CSA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wawa in September 2009.

Interview Details – short and to the point

Interview Question – What do you know about wawa?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating you get what they give you

Worked for Wawa? Contribute to the Community!