Wawa

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Perkasie, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wawa in September 2012.

Interview Details – First is a phone interview, and then an in person interview, and then online training. The phone interview is very simple, and the questions asked in person are easy enough as long as thought is provided behind each response.

Interview Question – What is an example of a time you had to problem solve in a group setting where you were the leader?   Answer Question

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa.

Interview Details – The Hiring and Interview Process consisted of two parts. First one must complete an online application process which consisted of background questions about education, personality, and desire for employment. The second component was an in store interview with the store manager which included questions about abilities and your facing adversity.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly straightforward, none were exceedingly difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Wawa in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process is kind of long. It will take them a week to set up an interview and then the following week you'll meet with the general manager. Both of my interviews were in person, they were both very nice. Nothing unexpected; general questions. They want a lot of examples though and an upbeat person

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to follow your last job stores policy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing really to negotiate then and there. You won't discuss pay until your getting officially hired in. I mostly talked about scheduling and how I'm in school and he was alright with that.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Media, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wawa in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by the AGM most times. Process is pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Question – What do you value in an organization?   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wawa in January 2014.

Interview Details – Put in online application and got a call back for a phone interview which was conducted. The manager said they need a background check( which mine is clean, never had issues with the law and have a permit to carry) which will take about three days and they haven't call me back yet and that was two weeks ago.

Interview Question – What do have to offer to this company?   View Answer

Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online got a call week later for a phone interview then a 1 on 1 then followed by a 2 on 1 interview

Interview Question – There was really No difficult Question they Are were tell me a time when type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 10.00

Very Easy Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa.

Interview Details – Called about 1.5 weeks later after applying online. Conducted a phone interview which caught me off guard. In person interview in a cramped office as I sat on a stool. Manager was very nice; too bad I never worked with him. Very quick process and the in person only was a few questions.

Interview Question – Very easy interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Paid above minimum wage to start. Small raise after 3 months or something.

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wawa.

Interview Details – Phone call from General Manager, asking for a time for an interview for the position, standard interviewing questions like: "Tell me a time when *blank*". or "What would you do if you saw *blank*"?, after hiring CSA's are given 40 hours per week during training and then are cut back to 25-30 after a month or so. The overall culture is friendly and inviting but also very extreme and a "pedal to the metal" attitude after the employee is fully "trained".

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you did not succeed at something, even though your manager told you it has to be done right without error.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the manager locks down the hourly pay at the get go, in order to "avoid confusion" but honestly they do this because they don't haggle very well and it was apparent during the hiring process.

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa.

Interview Details – You fill out your application online which includes a test that should not be very hard to pass. It is a typical test for retail stores and some may be familiar with it. There is a background check, and once a candidate passes all these an interview is set up.

Interview Question – A lot of questions detailing why you would be an asset to the company, and asking of specific events where you helped someone out.   View Answer

Warrenton, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wawa in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on line, did a telephone interview, then a face to face, then a week later was offered the position.

Interview Question – I was given an item and asked to try "sell" it to a "customer"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negation, I was happy with the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wawa

Worked for Wawa? Contribute to the Community!

Wawa Videos

Wawa – Why Work for Us?

​​​​Working at Wawa is More than Just a Job...​​​​ ​​Looking for an opportunity that combines teamwork, community, and advancement, in a supportive environment that offers valuable benefits? If you said "yes", then you… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wawa Customer Service Associate interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wawa employees and interview candidates.