Wawa

Updated Dec 7, 2014

2.3

General Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wawa.

Situational based questions. "Tell me about a time..." When you answer these questions, use specific examples. Put people and process first. Highlight how you made your work environment fun and inclusive. Don't get put off if interviewer(s) have a dry attitude or role play (good cop/bad cop).

Interview Questions
    • What is your idea of fun at work?   View Answer

General Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wawa.

Interviewer was very down to earth. The interview was not scheduled which caught me off guard. The phone interview took about 20 minutes. He discussed what Wawa has available around me.

Costomer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wawa in November 2014.

Applied online on a Friday, Got called on Monday did a quick phone interview asked about availability, and previous work experience. I was asked to come in for a interview 2 days later, the interviewer was very laid back and down to earth, asked easy questions, was very understanding that I had no previous work experience. The interviewer submitted my background check. Two days later I got a call to come in the next for my final interview with the general manager of the store. The general manager was very nice and laid back, I was offered the job that day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you encountered a large crowd of people, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    Set pay of $9.25, over minimum wage.

Fresh Food Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Wawa in November 2014.

General questions. Lasted about an hour. Easy interview. Offered job few days later. Talked about past jobs. Asked why wawa. Knowledge about them. I recommend do ur research. Make sure u can handle the work load. I love it

Interview Questions
    Above average pay. Haven't seen anyone pay this much in my working career in gas stations

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Wawa.

My first interview was a phone interview. Super easy, a few quick questions and he asked for my social security number for my background! I passed my background (can't work there with a record) and a few weeks later, I was asked to come in. Very laid back interview that lasted for 30 minutes. Got a call back a few weeks later. Overall, the questions were simple and needed no extra thought if you had experience (which I did) for that position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Set price. Waaaaay above minimum wage! After 60 days, there is a new hire raise once you start working. Well worth it!

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wawa in September 2014.

The interview process was very easy. To easy! He was very nice, very friendly, and he appeared to be a fun person to work with. I was prepared for him to ask me the values of the company, company motto, something about the company, but the questions were just really easy.

Interview Questions
    • Why Wawa? What did you do on your last job? When can you start? What hours do you prefer? I'm just waiting for your back ground check to come back and as soon as it does I'll call you. I never heard from him, so I called him. He called me back and left a message saying it's no rush and to call him back when ever. So I knew from that he wasn't hiring me. I don't know why if someone isn't interested in hiring you they just don't tell you that. Why play head games? Just be honest! Why tell the person your going to call them when you know darn well you aren't.   Answer Question

Training Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wawa.

The hiring process was quick. I submitted a resume and was scheduled for a phone screen within 2 days. the phone screen was targeted to tactical skills. I was invited for a in-person interview with the manager of the department in which I was applying. I was invited back for a second interview.

Open and easy.

Store Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Wawa.

Applied with the store manager - just walked in and asked to speak to the manager. I spoke with him for a few minutes and filled out an application. Got hired on the spot. Went to a group training class at another store. I believe it was for a few hours. Learned about the history of the company and what would we would be doing. I "shadowed" a few senior coworkers for the first few weeks - then I was given tasks to do on my own. I was paid for the training.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard applications - questions only regarded availability and if you were currently in school   Answer Question

Junior Call Center Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wawa in August 2014.

Was selected for phone screening about a week after I applied. Questions were not too bad, but interviewer seemed kind of distracted and kept going from "we" to "I". The phone screening took about 20 minutes. I was advised after the phone screening that I will know if I will be chosen for an interview that next week, but I never received notification.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time when you were asked to use your analytical skills to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claymont, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claymont, DE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wawa.

its the typical hiring process, they ask you what you see in the comapny and what you would do for the company. it was a 1 day interview only took up to around an hour and i wwas hired that day.

they asked me what i was looking for money wise and they kinda worked around it