Wawa Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Wawa.

My first interview was a phone interview. Super easy, a few quick questions and he asked for my social security number for my background! I passed my background (can't work there with a record) and a few weeks later, I was asked to come in. Very laid back interview that lasted for 30 minutes. Got a call back a few weeks later. Overall, the questions were simple and needed no extra thought if you had experience (which I did) for that position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Set price. Waaaaay above minimum wage! After 60 days, there is a new hire raise once you start working. Well worth it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa in September 2014.

The interview process was very easy. To easy! He was very nice, very friendly, and he appeared to be a fun person to work with. I was prepared for him to ask me the values of the company, company motto, something about the company, but the questions were just really easy.

Interview Questions
    • Why Wawa? What did you do on your last job? When can you start? What hours do you prefer? I'm just waiting for your back ground check to come back and as soon as it does I'll call you. I never heard from him, so I called him. He called me back and left a message saying it's no rush and to call him back when ever. So I knew from that he wasn't hiring me. I don't know why if someone isn't interested in hiring you they just don't tell you that. Why play head games? Just be honest! Why tell the person your going to call them when you know darn well you aren't.   Answer Question

Training Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wawa.

The hiring process was quick. I submitted a resume and was scheduled for a phone screen within 2 days. the phone screen was targeted to tactical skills. I was invited for a in-person interview with the manager of the department in which I was applying. I was invited back for a second interview.

Open and easy.

Store Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Wawa.

Applied with the store manager - just walked in and asked to speak to the manager. I spoke with him for a few minutes and filled out an application. Got hired on the spot. Went to a group training class at another store. I believe it was for a few hours. Learned about the history of the company and what would we would be doing. I "shadowed" a few senior coworkers for the first few weeks - then I was given tasks to do on my own. I was paid for the training.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard applications - questions only regarded availability and if you were currently in school   Answer Question

Junior Call Center Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa in August 2014.

Was selected for phone screening about a week after I applied. Questions were not too bad, but interviewer seemed kind of distracted and kept going from "we" to "I". The phone screening took about 20 minutes. I was advised after the phone screening that I will know if I will be chosen for an interview that next week, but I never received notification.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time when you were asked to use your analytical skills to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Claymont, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claymont, DE

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Wawa.

its the typical hiring process, they ask you what you see in the comapny and what you would do for the company. it was a 1 day interview only took up to around an hour and i wwas hired that day.

they asked me what i was looking for money wise and they kinda worked around it

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wawa.

Was frist reached out to from a recruiter and conducted a phone interview. Completed two face-to-face interviews that seemed more about getting to know my character than my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked how do you start your day. Answered by going through different walkthroughs and reports to determine what my focus should be. They were looking for the answer to include "Say hi to staff".   Answer Question

I initially declined because the salary was too low for my needs. Two weeks later I received a call from a recruiter who placed me with a different area manager who was able to hire at a higher rate.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa.

The Hiring and Interview Process consisted of two parts. First one must complete an online application process which consisted of background questions about education, personality, and desire for employment. The second component was an in store interview with the store manager which included questions about abilities and your facing adversity.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly straightforward, none were exceedingly difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wawa in April 2014.

The interview was conducted over the phone and included most of the usual questions regarding previous employers, view points to team leadership, career goals, etc... The interviewer (young woman) did not seem to know my resume very well, which left the impression that she had not reviewed it before the phone call. I was on speaker phone the whole time and was under the impression that there were multiple people sitting in on the call.

Interview Questions
    • I did not feel that there were any questions that were difficult.   Answer Question

College Graduate Leadership Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wawa.

Took about a month. Phone interview with a nice lady. We talked two days. After that if you qualify, they give he location for a one on one interview with an Area Manager. It went great. Remember to make eye contact and sit up. It is also important as ask questions. Charlene is an awesome Area Manager. There are others, but they are not like her. She looks out for everyone, unlike other managers who only look out for their kind.

Didn't negotiate.

Worked for Wawa? Contribute to the Community!