Wawa Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wawa in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by talent recruiter to set-up first phone interview. Interview was thirty minutes mostly covering your work experience and job details. After background checks completed, scheduled second phone interview. Second interview consisted of approximately five questions, where one was a scenario. Contacted following day with email stating they weren't continuing the interview process

Interview Questions

• What type of changes did you encounter with your job and how did you relay it to your team.   Answer Question

Customer Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wawa (Elkton, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application after hearing Wawa was hiring. During the online application process, I was directed to another site for a series of "personality n reaction to different scenarios" quiz and then sent back to complete app. I received a phone call interview the following week and was told ud hear back from them after my background check was completed. A couple days later, i received a call for a 1:1 interview the next day. Then that final interview only lasted 15 mins. It was a low key casual interview consisting of questions such as what do u have to offer Wawa if hired?, how do you handle working in high stress situations? & gives an example of a time you inspired your team

Interview Questions

• What would you bring with you to Wawa if hired?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wawa in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. I went in for about 20 minutes and had a pretty low key conversation with the manager about availability, hours, etc. He then set up a time for me to meet later in the day with the other manager, who I went in and met with for an even shorter time. Both were extremely friendly and asked very basic interview questions from a corporate assigned list of stock questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of example type questions, like: Tell me about a time where you were able to boost enthusiasm in others? Or have you ever encountered a time when you had a follow a policy that you didn't like and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Retail Fuel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wawa (Media, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire process took about a month. They were very accommodating of my schedule to get me to come in for an interview. Interview itself was nothing out of the ordinary. The HR department called me a few days later to inform me I did not get the position but offered to send me an email regarding my "Strengths and Opportunities" throughout the process which was very insightful.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wawa (Rocky Hill, NJ).

Interview

Recruitment began with an initial phone call from a Talent Acquisition Specialist (responding to my online job application) working at corporate. This call was intended to briefly go over my qualifications and background, figure out what district I'd be eligible to potentially work in, and to set up a formal interview. I sat through two phone interviews (both about 30-60 minutes in duration) before I was sent to an Area Manager for a final in-person interview. The entire selection/interview process was extremely professional and transparent. I was given a job offer less than 48 hours after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• What were some major changes that you had to embrace in your past employment, and how did you communicate it in a positive way to your employees?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wawa.

Interview

Manager was good, interview went fast and I got hired. He didnt really ask me much on the interview. He was eager to hire people. I needed a job and he made me feel comfortable to work there.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wawa (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First I got a call from the assistant general manager and we had a brief phone interview which basically covered why wawa, my availability and when I can come in for a one on one interview. When I came in for the one on one interview with the general manager she took me to the office which I was then asked questions about my availability, experience and several other typical interview questions. A couple days later I received a phone call from the assistant general manager stating that they have offered me the position and told me when I was starting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They initially asked me what I would like to be paid I said minimum wage was ok (since that was what I was getting already at my 1st job) but they had told me that they do not pay anyone under 9.50/hr and they settled on a starting pay of 9.75/hr which is great with me!

Manager Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wawa.

Interview

Put in a application online and 2 weeks latter received a call to setup a phone interview. A recruiter called me and asked me some general questions about my resume to get a feel for my related experience and why I choose to apply.

Interview Questions

• Pre-Interview Questions: What do you know about Wawa? Experience that would make you a good candidate? How did you spend your time in during your time of unemployment? Word of advice do research on the company before hand. It's good to know about the origins and the states that Wawa operates out of.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wawa.

Interview

The interview at the time was very simple seeing as I had a family member working there already. When hiring I believe they look for good working people with some work background. I've noticed when hiring for some one who has never worked before this company is a good starting job, I believe it does a good job on training on all basis for future use. Interview process usually is thirty minutes long. I have seen in the past some managers just pick people to get them in the job and later find out they should have been better when people quit on them.

Interview Questions

• How many hours could I work in a week.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wawa.

Interview

Phone Interview which I was asked about my background and how I enjoyed working with the pubic, Face to Face interview, I was told it was important that I was interested in my job and that the phone interview had been important to see how my personality came across.