Wawa

Updated Dec 30, 2014
Updated Dec 30, 2014

2.3

Junior Call Center Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wawa in August 2014.

Was selected for phone screening about a week after I applied. Questions were not too bad, but interviewer seemed kind of distracted and kept going from "we" to "I". The phone screening took about 20 minutes. I was advised after the phone screening that I will know if I will be chosen for an interview that next week, but I never received notification.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a time when you were asked to use your analytical skills to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claymont, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claymont, DE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wawa.

its the typical hiring process, they ask you what you see in the comapny and what you would do for the company. it was a 1 day interview only took up to around an hour and i wwas hired that day.

they asked me what i was looking for money wise and they kinda worked around it

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wawa.

Was frist reached out to from a recruiter and conducted a phone interview. Completed two face-to-face interviews that seemed more about getting to know my character than my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked how do you start your day. Answered by going through different walkthroughs and reports to determine what my focus should be. They were looking for the answer to include "Say hi to staff".   Answer Question

I initially declined because the salary was too low for my needs. Two weeks later I received a call from a recruiter who placed me with a different area manager who was able to hire at a higher rate.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wawa.

The Hiring and Interview Process consisted of two parts. First one must complete an online application process which consisted of background questions about education, personality, and desire for employment. The second component was an in store interview with the store manager which included questions about abilities and your facing adversity.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly straightforward, none were exceedingly difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wawa in April 2014.

The interview was conducted over the phone and included most of the usual questions regarding previous employers, view points to team leadership, career goals, etc... The interviewer (young woman) did not seem to know my resume very well, which left the impression that she had not reviewed it before the phone call. I was on speaker phone the whole time and was under the impression that there were multiple people sitting in on the call.

Interview Questions
    • I did not feel that there were any questions that were difficult.   Answer Question

College Graduate Leadership Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wawa.

Took about a month. Phone interview with a nice lady. We talked two days. After that if you qualify, they give he location for a one on one interview with an Area Manager. It went great. Remember to make eye contact and sit up. It is also important as ask questions. Charlene is an awesome Area Manager. There are others, but they are not like her. She looks out for everyone, unlike other managers who only look out for their kind.

Didn't negotiate.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wawa in March 2014.

The process is kind of long. It will take them a week to set up an interview and then the following week you'll meet with the general manager. Both of my interviews were in person, they were both very nice. Nothing unexpected; general questions. They want a lot of examples though and an upbeat person

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to follow your last job stores policy?   Answer Question
    Nothing really to negotiate then and there. You won't discuss pay until your getting officially hired in. I mostly talked about scheduling and how I'm in school and he was alright with that.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Wawa.

Phone call from General Manager, asking for a time for an interview for the position, standard interviewing questions like: "Tell me a time when *blank*". or "What would you do if you saw *blank*"?, after hiring CSA's are given 40 hours per week during training and then are cut back to 25-30 after a month or so. The overall culture is friendly and inviting but also very extreme and a "pedal to the metal" attitude after the employee is fully "trained".

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you did not succeed at something, even though your manager told you it has to be done right without error.   View Answer
    the manager locks down the hourly pay at the get go, in order to "avoid confusion" but honestly they do this because they don't haggle very well and it was apparent during the hiring process.

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wawa.

Pretty standard interview process. Took a bit to get the background check and interview scheduled.

Interview Questions
    I would try to get a better understanding on how they submit information on pay.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Wawa in February 2014.

Process was very slow. Entire process took 3 months and one week and I still would have needed to go through one more interview. Their interview process consists of someone sitting opposite you and reading questions off of a paper. They never ask for further details nor do they ask follow up questions. They do not take in account your work history and all that you have done. They did not call references. Apparently any Joe Shmo without a college education can conduct one of these interviews with a piece of paper and a pencil. I give great interviews, was a senior manager for a large company managing over 20 million dollars a year in business, promoted 12 of my managers that worked for me but yet they didn't think I could manage one convenience store.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. Standard questions. "Tell me about a time when you......" No unique questions to try and find out about your personality, what your interests are.   Answer Question