Wawa

Very Easy Interview

Store Maintenance Associate Interview

Store Maintenance Associate
Stafford, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Wawa in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone call to come in for 1 on 1 interview, we talked, and then he offered me the job and I took it ...

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult, they asked me about myself and I got the job the same day ..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing was difficult, they asked me about myself and I got the job the same day. At the time I had another manager who was much better than my current.

Marketing Department Interview

Marketing Department
Wawa, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wawa in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview within a week of applying, and had my face-to-face interview about three weeks later. I had two managers interview me, and felt very comfortable and fairly treated. As promised they made a quick decision and I had a job offer within a week.

Interview Question – The interview questions were all very run of the mill. Nothing stands out as particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called by HR and offered the position. I accepted right away, but now I regret that I didn't negotiate for higher pay. Once you're in the door, pay raises are very stingy.

Warrenton, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wawa in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on line, did a telephone interview, then a face to face, then a week later was offered the position.

Interview Question – I was given an item and asked to try "sell" it to a "customer"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negation, I was happy with the offer.

Very Easy Interview

Kulpsville, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Wawa in September 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted my job application to Harleysville, They sent me to Kulpsville because they needed people there. Got fired and rehired and placed in the Skippack store.

Interview Question – Guess there really wasn't any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They really could not negotiate. It was a low salary but I liked that I could meet my daughters school bus and not work weekends.

Sewell, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Wawa in February 2012.

Interview Details – Online application consists of a rigorous test to evaluate prior customer service experience. Application process can take over an hour alone - followed by calling and calling the store to ask if the management reviewed your application. The hiring process is very particular and slow. I would use this as a last resort application if you can't find anything else.

Interview Question – None are particularly difficult, but they ask you to provide examples for exercising certain values, such as "tell me about a time where you had to take over and lead a team towards success...", things of that nature. The interview itself isn't difficult if you know what kind of answers they are looking for. Everything is centered around exceptional customer service, health in the food service area, and safety in every area of the store. If you know how to answer in regards to service, safety and sanitation, then you should be good to go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a fixed rate that was non-negotiable. Most entry-level or younger adults will be started around $9-$10/hour.

ACE Interview

ACE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wawa.

Interview Details – Went through 3 interviews starting with the talents acquisition. Went through general management questions. On third interview there were more open ended questions about my thoughts and feelings toward certain things.

Interview Question – What some of my answers meant in relation to the company's core values.   Answer Question

Bethany Beach, DE

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wawa in June 2010.

Interview Details – I saw a now hiring sign and inquired within. I think the store I interviewed at was really hurting for employees because I was interviewed on the spot. I was hired immediately after the interview.

Interview Question – None in particular, just expect the normal 'how well do you function in a team' etc.   Answer Question

Pitman, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Wawa in May 2013.

Interview Details – A few weeks after applying online, the manager called me to set up an interview. The first interview was very relaxed. I was only asked "tell me about yourself" and why I wanted to work there. The second interview was with a different manager and more in-depth, with a lot of behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when...", questions about my work experience, etc. Overall it wasn't bad.

Interview Question – What store do you often shop at that you think offers great customer service and why?   Answer Question

CSA Interview

CSA

I applied online and interviewed at Wawa.

Interview Details – First interview is over the phone. Second is a walk in. Interview consist of life events and decisions you made according to the event. Most questions sound like "Tell me about a time you were in an unsafe environment and what you did to correct it. Wawa is all about safety and customer service.

Interview Question – All questions were similar but most were you sharing specific problems you had in the past   Answer Question

Blue Bell, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and it was your basic personality quiz....the kind that asks what you would do in certain situations such as a unhappy customer or difficult coworker. The GM called a few days later after my background check came back OK. *WAWA DOES BACKGROUND CHECKS BEFORE THEY INTERVIEW* I came in for an interview with the awesome General Manager who was very easy to work with and explained the Wawa core values and job expectations like she built it herself. She made me excited to be part of the Wawa family! One week later I started my extensive thorough training Wawa is all about SAFETY! SAFETY! SAFETY!

Interview Question – "When you fuel your vehicle do you leave the pump unattended and come in the store?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward $0.50 more for the 3rd shift that I accepted.