Wawa Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.3

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wawa.

Interview

Interviewer was very down to earth. The interview was not scheduled which caught me off guard. The phone interview took about 20 minutes. He discussed what Wawa has available around me.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wawa in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online on a Friday, Got called on Monday did a quick phone interview asked about availability, and previous work experience. I was asked to come in for a interview 2 days later, the interviewer was very laid back and down to earth, asked easy questions, was very understanding that I had no previous work experience. The interviewer submitted my background check. Two days later I got a call to come in the next for my final interview with the general manager of the store. The general manager was very nice and laid back, I was offered the job that day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you encountered a large crowd of people, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set pay of $9.25, over minimum wage.

GMIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wawa (Barrington, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Semi formal process, loosely based questions that don't apply to the real job at all, all hypothetical. Basically all candidates were pre chosen for success and the panel knew the winners before the end of the day.

Fresh Food Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wawa (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

General questions. Lasted about an hour. Easy interview. Offered job few days later. Talked about past jobs. Asked why wawa. Knowledge about them. I recommend do ur research. Make sure u can handle the work load. I love it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Above average pay. Haven't seen anyone pay this much in my working career in gas stations

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wawa (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

My first interview was a phone interview. Super easy, a few quick questions and he asked for my social security number for my background! I passed my background (can't work there with a record) and a few weeks later, I was asked to come in. Very laid back interview that lasted for 30 minutes. Got a call back a few weeks later. Overall, the questions were simple and needed no extra thought if you had experience (which I did) for that position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set price. Waaaaay above minimum wage! After 60 days, there is a new hire raise once you start working. Well worth it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wawa (Chesapeake, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. To easy! He was very nice, very friendly, and he appeared to be a fun person to work with. I was prepared for him to ask me the values of the company, company motto, something about the company, but the questions were just really easy.

Interview Questions

• Why Wawa? What did you do on your last job? When can you start? What hours do you prefer? I'm just waiting for your back ground check to come back and as soon as it does I'll call you. I never heard from him, so I called him. He called me back and left a message saying it's no rush and to call him back when ever. So I knew from that he wasn't hiring me. I don't know why if someone isn't interested in hiring you they just don't tell you that. Why play head games? Just be honest! Why tell the person your going to call them when you know darn well you aren't.   Answer Question

Training Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wawa.

Interview

The hiring process was quick. I submitted a resume and was scheduled for a phone screen within 2 days. the phone screen was targeted to tactical skills. I was invited for a in-person interview with the manager of the department in which I was applying. I was invited back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Open and easy.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wawa.

Interview

Applied with the store manager - just walked in and asked to speak to the manager. I spoke with him for a few minutes and filled out an application. Got hired on the spot. Went to a group training class at another store. I believe it was for a few hours. Learned about the history of the company and what would we would be doing. I "shadowed" a few senior coworkers for the first few weeks - then I was given tasks to do on my own. I was paid for the training.

Interview Questions

• Very standard applications - questions only regarded availability and if you were currently in school   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wawa (Mays Landing, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called a few months later to come in for an interview. The questions were pretty basic. Nothing too challenging. I had questions like: What other jobs have you had? What benefits would you bring? Why should we hire you? Do you have flexible hours? Do you work good with a team?

Interview Questions

• What benefits would you bring to the Wawa team?   1 Answer

Junior Call Center Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wawa in August 2014.

Interview

Was selected for phone screening about a week after I applied. Questions were not too bad, but interviewer seemed kind of distracted and kept going from "we" to "I". The phone screening took about 20 minutes. I was advised after the phone screening that I will know if I will be chosen for an interview that next week, but I never received notification.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you were asked to use your analytical skills to solve a problem?   Answer Question