Wawa Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.3

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa.

Called about 1.5 weeks later after applying online. Conducted a phone interview which caught me off guard. In person interview in a cramped office as I sat on a stool. Manager was very nice; too bad I never worked with him. Very quick process and the in person only was a few questions.

Interview Questions
    Paid above minimum wage to start. Small raise after 3 months or something.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Wawa.

Phone call from General Manager, asking for a time for an interview for the position, standard interviewing questions like: "Tell me a time when *blank*". or "What would you do if you saw *blank*"?, after hiring CSA's are given 40 hours per week during training and then are cut back to 25-30 after a month or so. The overall culture is friendly and inviting but also very extreme and a "pedal to the metal" attitude after the employee is fully "trained".

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you did not succeed at something, even though your manager told you it has to be done right without error.   View Answer
    the manager locks down the hourly pay at the get go, in order to "avoid confusion" but honestly they do this because they don't haggle very well and it was apparent during the hiring process.

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wawa.

Pretty standard interview process. Took a bit to get the background check and interview scheduled.

Interview Questions
    I would try to get a better understanding on how they submit information on pay.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Wawa.

Situational questions focused on leadership skills versus tech knowledge

Interview Questions
    One offer no counter offers

Cgl Interview

Very lengthy interview process. Ask a lot of situational questions and questions about working with different groups of people with different values and religions, cultures, etc...

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Barrington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Wawa in January 2012.

Be patient, they make you wait to get your reaction

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you saw your boss stealing   View Answer

not what I thought it would be

Assistant General Manager Interview

The company will actually help you put together your resume and interview for the next position.

Interview Questions
    Salaries are already pre-determined, based on level of experience and position

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wawa.

You fill out your application online which includes a test that should not be very hard to pass. It is a typical test for retail stores and some may be familiar with it. There is a background check, and once a candidate passes all these an interview is set up.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of questions detailing why you would be an asset to the company, and asking of specific events where you helped someone out.   View Answer

Store Maintenance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stafford, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Wawa in April 2011.

Phone call to come in for 1 on 1 interview, we talked, and then he offered me the job and I took it ...

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, they asked me about myself and I got the job the same day ..   View Answer
    Nothing was difficult, they asked me about myself and I got the job the same day. At the time I had another manager who was much better than my current.

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wawa, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wawa, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wawa in October 2010.

I had an initial phone interview within a week of applying, and had my face-to-face interview about three weeks later. I had two managers interview me, and felt very comfortable and fairly treated. As promised they made a quick decision and I had a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all very run of the mill. Nothing stands out as particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was called by HR and offered the position. I accepted right away, but now I regret that I didn't negotiate for higher pay. Once you're in the door, pay raises are very stingy.