Wayfair

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Associate Interview

QA Associate
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in January 2014.

Interview Details – Sent in a resume, and was contacted in a couple weeks about a phone interview. The phone interview was quick, and they invited me to come into the office to interview a couple days later. Arriving at the interview, I met with who would be my immediate supervisor, plus his supervisor.

Interview Question – Nothing too crazy, actually. Just run-of-the mill interview questions. This was for a temp contract so they weren't really testing my intelligence or mental capacity, just trying to get a read on my attention to detail, as the position required a lot of tedious work. So yeah, just expect plenty of question highlighting computer aptitude and/or detail-oriented projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a temp position so there was no room for negotiation.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very straightforward. The recruiter is very nice and she was very helpful at helping negotiate salary. My first convo was with her. Then she invited me over to a onsite interview, which laster 2 hours. The first hour was about fit and personality. That was very chill. The second hour was very technical in nature and consisted of a lot of algorithmic questions and object oriented design principles. Be prepared to code on the whiteboard and know your data structures well!

Interview Question – How would you design a spreadsheet? Implement some of the code on the whiteboard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation took about a day. Recruiter called me the next day after the interview to make an offer, which was lower than I expected so I made a counteroffer. She called me back to talk about the counteroffer and we settled on a number in the middle. The recruiter spoke with the hiring manager about the numbers and called again and said that I would get it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wayfair in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online.
First interview with HR comprised of standard set of question.
2nd was technical telephone interview . Mostly SQL related and some OO concepts.
3rd was onsite interview which comprised of three interviews of 1 hour each. 1st was with senior software engineer and solution architect. They asked questions related to database design, normalization n some sql queries. Some question related to webservices and xml. Write a program to covert number to word. (quite easy).
2nd Interview was with two senior software engineers . They asked questions related to design patterns and solve given problem applying one of them. They asked to write a program which required recursive function call.
3rd was with Director. Overall strength and experience check. Question right from troubleshooting a web page load problem to database explain plans.
The process took two weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing was unsual. All the questions/answers using white board reflected the collaborative culture of the company.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wayfair in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online process took 5+ Weeks.

Network Engineer Intern Interview

Network Engineer Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in March 2014.

Interview Details – One interview. On sight. Resume based and network and sql related questions basic questions.

Interview Question – Expected Questions   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Intern Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in February 2014.

Interview Details – Resume drop through college career service. selected students were scheduled for on campus interviews.

Interview Question – a small quantitative case. The interviewer jumped right into a case, which is not hard but can be intimidating if you have never practice this type of questions before   Answer Question

Joss & Main Assistant Buyer Interview

Joss & Main Assistant Buyer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from a recruiter.. Spoke with them & then had an interview at the office. I interviewed with the buying manager and one of the lead buyers. Asked general questions but also questions about how I would handle the fast-paced environment and deadlines. The interview only lasted twenty minutes. A week later I then received a call from the recruiter with the outcome of the interview.

Interview Question – Do you feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined Joss & Main because of the lower salary and the environment that you would work in was not my cup of tea.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is straightforward and simple. I applied through the College Career Website and they reached out to me with an interview opportunity. The interview was in 2 parts. There was a technical interview for 45 minutes as well as a cultural fit interview which consisted of some puzzle questions as well as some information about myself.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I received was to explain in detail exactly what happened once you enter a url in your browser and hit enter.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was first contacted after I applied through our campus recruiting. I immediately had my first round interview and it was mainly behavioral questions, why do you want to work here, what is our company like etc... I went onto a second round the following week and spoke with the team lead for online advertising. The interview went well and I was asked to do a third round over the phone. This round had a case study feel to it and I was asked to figure out if an offer to partner with a large company was worth it based on different metrics I was given. They asked me to come into the office for a final round, but since I am from out of state, we did a Skype interview and I spoke with four different people on the team for about 30 minutes each. Two of them were behavioral and the other two were case studies again.

This is where I get frustrated. I was told that the interview went very well and I received great reviews. However, since I was the first person they interviewed they told me I would have to wait a couple of weeks for them to get back to me. I started the process the first week of January and had completed four rounds of interviews of the course of three weeks. The HR person was extremely helpful in the process, and he even checked in with me three weeks later to let me know that they were still interested in me and they were continuing the interview process. I've since emailed him twice asking about the status of the interview process and he has yet to get back to me. IT'S BEEN 1 1/2 MONTHS since I've heard from them. It's been over two months since my last interview.

Interview Question – The business case   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and get invited to their Skype interview. There were 2 * 45 min Skype interviews. They both asked me technical questions and brain teasing questions. First interviewer ask me some simple SQL query statements along with some OO questions. The second interviewer asked me about my past experience and one simple coding question and web service questions. Topics were pretty board, I didn't know all of them. I literally told them to skip to the next question. Recruiters were pretty easy going!

Interview Question – Most of questions are fairly easy. Ensure that you know SQL, OO, and some knowledge of web programming.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate, as it's just an intern.

Worked for Wayfair? Contribute to the Community!