Wayfair Business Analyst Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in January 2014.

I was first contacted after I applied through our campus recruiting. I immediately had my first round interview and it was mainly behavioral questions, why do you want to work here, what is our company like etc... I went onto a second round the following week and spoke with the team lead for online advertising. The interview went well and I was asked to do a third round over the phone. This round had a case study feel to it and I was asked to figure out if an offer to partner with a large company was worth it based on different metrics I was given. They asked me to come into the office for a final round, but since I am from out of state, we did a Skype interview and I spoke with four different people on the team for about 30 minutes each. Two of them were behavioral and the other two were case studies again.

This is where I get frustrated. I was told that the interview went very well and I received great reviews. However, since I was the first person they interviewed they told me I would have to wait a couple of weeks for them to get back to me. I started the process the first week of January and had completed four rounds of interviews of the course of three weeks. The HR person was extremely helpful in the process, and he even checked in with me three weeks later to let me know that they were still interested in me and they were continuing the interview process. I've since emailed him twice asking about the status of the interview process and he has yet to get back to me. IT'S BEEN 1 1/2 MONTHS since I've heard from them. It's been over two months since my last interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in August 2012.

I applied for the position through my university's career portal. The first interview was a phone interview with a member of HR. He mostly asked about stuff on my resume, and other HR/fit questions.

The following week I was invited for an in-person interview. It lasted about 2.5 hours in total, and consisted of 4 interviews. First was a 2 person case interview with the Manager and Senior Analyst. The case wasn't that bad. He gave me a spreadsheet and asked for me to describe the scenario/strategies involved, and their results. Then more generic questions about the case.

The next one is 1:1 with another member and another mini-case interview to basically test your basic algebra. He was very nice.

Then a 10 min interview with the VP. Only fit questions here.

It ends with the HR guy again. All in all they were very nice.

I was told that although my performance in the case interviews were positive, there were other candidates who fit more with the firm... Generic stuff.

Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wayfair in July 2010.

Phone call involves a "walk me through your resume" standard question, and then a mini-case talking about general SEO. Second round interview was just a bunch of skills tests about whether or not you can do algebra on the spot to figure out some common scenarios. Also did a market sizing question and a regular non-numbers type case. Consisted of three, two person interviews. Employees seemed generally dry and bored with their work. After you do some of these cases, you might be pretty bored too. Having fumbled a case, not surprised I wasn't offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Wayfair in November 2009.

A week after sending my resume I called to confirm they received it. The manager said she had not looked at them yet, then later that night the HR representitve emailed me to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview later in the week. It was mostly asking questions about what I had on my resume, including past experience and projects I had completed in college. The next day I got an email to set up an in-person interview in Boston. The interview consisted of three groups of people (future peers, managers, and a VP) of asking very similar questions. Also, there were two seperate skills tests focused around Google AdWords concepts.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wayfair in September 2012.

After submitting my application online, I was contacted for a phone interview then brought in for an in-person interview. The in-person took about 3 hours. It started out with a brief conversation with a recruiter followed by 2 case studies and a 1:1. Throughout the entire process, employees were enthusiastic and answered all my questions. Seems like a great place to work at! Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • General case studies examining data and drawing conclusions and another that required some algebra   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Wayfair in November 2010.

It was a fair interview. The interviewer was very nice and asked me several questions about my resume. Then she asked about my interests to the company and some situational questions regarding to the business strategy of the company.

Interview Questions

Worked for Wayfair? Contribute to the Community!