Wayfair Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

First Round was primarily a case interview on campus Second Round was a superday at their offices, interviewed with 3 team members, 2 of which were case interviews and one of which was behavioral. The first case was fairly basic, a bit more quantitative. The second case asked more about qualitative factors. Overall the process was fairly straightforward, they put you up in a nice hotel that is very close to the offices.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting program. I had a first round interview on campus and then a Super-Day in Boston comprised of 3 consecutive interviews (2 had cases, one was pure fit). There also was a small, informal panel of current employees in the position for which I was applying. They were very open to answering questions open and honestly. The people I met were very positive and happy to be working at their company. They made me feel right at home.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA).

Interview

Went through the on campus interviewing process. Very positive experience. Was impressed with the senior people I met. Turn around was very quick. The interview involved case, fit and experience based questions. First round was on campus and the second was on site in Boston. There were four rounds of interviews in the second round.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview with a current data analytics employee. About 45 minutes in length. Didn't really click with the interviewer which I think was mainly because there was no face-to-face interaction. 100% focused on data analysis, my experience with, what type of programs etc., which I found to be pretty unfair and just a product of the interviewer I had. 30 mins of interview was a case study. It was very challenging to do over the phone and this is where I faltered. It was difficult to catch numbers and such. Know click-through-rates and other type of marketing terms and search engine optimization terms. Also practice algebraic substitution.

Interview Questions

• The case study was very different from typical practice cases (search engine optimization/marketing based)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair in October 2014.

Interview

Went through on campus recruiting process - submitted a resume and cover letter and was contacted within the week for a first round phone interview. I had assumed that it would just be behavioral questions, but when I got more information I was informed that I'd be doing a case. My interviewer had only been at Wayfair for a few months but she was very friendly and professional. I stumbled on the case (fairly simple figuring out budget allocation for paid search) but had a positive experience otherwise.

Interview Questions

• What could be the reason for declining click-throughs on paid search ads? How would you suggest remedying this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted after I applied through our campus recruiting. I immediately had my first round interview and it was mainly behavioral questions, why do you want to work here, what is our company like etc... I went onto a second round the following week and spoke with the team lead for online advertising. The interview went well and I was asked to do a third round over the phone. This round had a case study feel to it and I was asked to figure out if an offer to partner with a large company was worth it based on different metrics I was given. They asked me to come into the office for a final round, but since I am from out of state, we did a Skype interview and I spoke with four different people on the team for about 30 minutes each. Two of them were behavioral and the other two were case studies again. This is where I get frustrated. I was told that the interview went very well and I received great reviews. However, since I was the first person they interviewed they told me I would have to wait a couple of weeks for them to get back to me. I started the process the first week of January and had completed four rounds of interviews of the course of three weeks. The HR person was extremely helpful in the process, and he even checked in with me three weeks later to let me know that they were still interested in me and they were continuing the interview process. I've since emailed him twice asking about the status of the interview process and he has yet to get back to me. IT'S BEEN 1 1/2 MONTHS since I've heard from them. It's been over two months since my last interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very clear and concise. They promote their competitive work/life balance and benefits. You do a typical phone interview, and then they follow it up with an in-office interview. Very standard fare, but you get a good sense of the wayfair corporate culture from the very beginning

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position through my university's career portal. The first interview was a phone interview with a member of HR. He mostly asked about stuff on my resume, and other HR/fit questions. The following week I was invited for an in-person interview. It lasted about 2.5 hours in total, and consisted of 4 interviews. First was a 2 person case interview with the Manager and Senior Analyst. The case wasn't that bad. He gave me a spreadsheet and asked for me to describe the scenario/strategies involved, and their results. Then more generic questions about the case. The next one is 1:1 with another member and another mini-case interview to basically test your basic algebra. He was very nice. Then a 10 min interview with the VP. Only fit questions here. It ends with the HR guy again. All in all they were very nice. I was told that although my performance in the case interviews were positive, there were other candidates who fit more with the firm... Generic stuff. Good luck!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone call involves a "walk me through your resume" standard question, and then a mini-case talking about general SEO. Second round interview was just a bunch of skills tests about whether or not you can do algebra on the spot to figure out some common scenarios. Also did a market sizing question and a regular non-numbers type case. Consisted of three, two person interviews. Employees seemed generally dry and bored with their work. After you do some of these cases, you might be pretty bored too. Having fumbled a case, not surprised I wasn't offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How many windows are there in Boston?   1 Answer
    • What other industries are you applying within?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

A week after sending my resume I called to confirm they received it. The manager said she had not looked at them yet, then later that night the HR representitve emailed me to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview later in the week. It was mostly asking questions about what I had on my resume, including past experience and projects I had completed in college. The next day I got an email to set up an in-person interview in Boston. The interview consisted of three groups of people (future peers, managers, and a VP) of asking very similar questions. Also, there were two seperate skills tests focused around Google AdWords concepts.