Wayfair

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview Details – Applied online and then received a phone call from someone in HR a couple days later with a brief phone interview (just quick background info). Was told I would receive a phone call within a week to schedule an interview at their office however never received the call. I ended up contacting them and was able to schedule it. Had 1 interview at the office with basic personality/behavior questions (read off a sheet) and then a week later was offered the position.

Interview Question – I was asked to do a sales pitch for a pen.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wayfair in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process took a little over a week. I applied for the job on a Tuesday and was offered a position the next Thursday.

The process starts with a phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions about your resume and they let you know about the company. The interview might have lasted about 20-30 minutes.

The interview was with two customer service managers. The questions were pretty basic at first while they went over my resume, after these questions, they got a bit more in depth. This interview lasted a little over an hour.

The interview was great. It felt like I was talking to two friends instead of an interview. I undid my tie during the interview and we even talked baseball.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was the last one. If you were in a room with 5,000 people and they all met you. What is the one thing everyone would say about you?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in August 2010.

Interview Details – You'll get a tour, and you'll be asked the usual questions ("what attracts you to Wayfair?", "what was an example of you overcoming a difficult situation?").

Interview Question – My interviewer asked me to "sell" her the pen I was using...   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview about a week later. The phone interview was about half an hour long and I was told some basic information about the company and was asked about my resume. The in-person interview was with two employees, who took turns giving me info on the company, asking about past work experience, and asking how I would respond in certain scenarios. For example, what would I do if a long term customer that the company does a lot of business with wants to return an item that is nonreturnable? How would I handle an irate customer? They also asked behavioral questions such as what my biggest weakness is, what motivates me, etc. This lasted for about an hour and a half.

Interview Question – Not really difficult but kind of odd "What would you do if you were talking with a customer and you heard a dog barking in the background?"   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in June 2010.

Interview Details – First note. It took a month because the person I had the phone interview with went on vacation after my interview so I had to wait for her to get back before moving onto the next step.

Phone interview was the basic background questions about my background (what I studied, past work experience, what I'm interested in getting into, etc..)

1:1 interview: The person interviewing me was a customer service team manager. She had a list of questions she asked me which mostly was about my resume and background. Similar to the phone interview. Then there was small talk (try to get a feel for my personality to see how I would be talking to customers). Last thing I had to do was try to sell a pen to her.

Overall simple and straight forward interview process.

Interview Question – How would you try to sell this pen to a customer?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wayfair in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer was really nice and answered positively to my scenario responses. He asked me to sell him a marker and then asked how I would deal with a made-up scenario. He seemed impressed with everything, yet they never contacted me again, though, despite my emails. I never even met the person that made the decision to not hire me.

Interview Question – Define teamwork.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Wayfair in March 2008.

Interview Details – Informal, talked about college, study abroad. Short process.

Negotiation Details – Csn does not negotiate

Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview asked bizzare questions. I felt confident about my performance but was not offered the job. I inquired why and learned that they felt i was overqualified. From what i have read it seems they expected I would not have remained at the job for long.

Interview Questions

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Wayfair in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was mostly a chat about the company, and there were some generic sort of questions about how I would describe myself. I think she mostly just wanted to get a sense of how coherent I was, the questions were a bit out of left field.

Interview Question – What are 5 adjectives that describe you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very non-negotiable, take what they offer and look for advanacement or try somewhere else.

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Wayfair in August 2009.

Interview Details – 2 1-on-1 interviews. Very straightforward. The interview process was easy, no overly difficult questions. "Things like "Where do you see yourself in X years?" etc. They really sell the job to you.

The job itself......now that's a different story!

Interview Question – What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wayfair

Worked for Wayfair? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wayfair Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Wayfair employees and interview candidates.