Wayfair

Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.0

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair.

Applied online and then received a phone call from someone in HR a couple days later with a brief phone interview (just quick background info). Was told I would receive a phone call within a week to schedule an interview at their office however never received the call. I ended up contacting them and was able to schedule it. Had 1 interview at the office with basic personality/behavior questions (read off a sheet) and then a week later was offered the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wayfair in October 2013.

The interview process took a little over a week. I applied for the job on a Tuesday and was offered a position the next Thursday.

The process starts with a phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions about your resume and they let you know about the company. The interview might have lasted about 20-30 minutes.

The interview was with two customer service managers. The questions were pretty basic at first while they went over my resume, after these questions, they got a bit more in depth. This interview lasted a little over an hour.

The interview was great. It felt like I was talking to two friends instead of an interview. I undid my tie during the interview and we even talked baseball.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was the last one. If you were in a room with 5,000 people and they all met you. What is the one thing everyone would say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair in September 2013.

I had a phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview about a week later. The phone interview was about half an hour long and I was told some basic information about the company and was asked about my resume. The in-person interview was with two employees, who took turns giving me info on the company, asking about past work experience, and asking how I would respond in certain scenarios. For example, what would I do if a long term customer that the company does a lot of business with wants to return an item that is nonreturnable? How would I handle an irate customer? They also asked behavioral questions such as what my biggest weakness is, what motivates me, etc. This lasted for about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult but kind of odd "What would you do if you were talking with a customer and you heard a dog barking in the background?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wayfair in August 2013.

Phone Interview with one of their recruiters then In-person interview with 2 managers. The questions are pretty basic and straightforward. It's less about your past experience and more to do with you being a good fit and generally a cool person. Everything there can be learned easily. They tend to hire in classes so you may have to wait a month or 2 from the date you're hired to the start date.

Interview Questions
    • If you hear a loud dog in the background barking, what do you say to the customer?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. There is a set rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair in August 2010.

You'll get a tour, and you'll be asked the usual questions ("what attracts you to Wayfair?", "what was an example of you overcoming a difficult situation?").

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer asked me to "sell" her the pen I was using...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wayfair in August 2010.

The interviewer was really nice and answered positively to my scenario responses. He asked me to sell him a marker and then asked how I would deal with a made-up scenario. He seemed impressed with everything, yet they never contacted me again, though, despite my emails. I never even met the person that made the decision to not hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wayfair in June 2010.

First note. It took a month because the person I had the phone interview with went on vacation after my interview so I had to wait for her to get back before moving onto the next step.

Phone interview was the basic background questions about my background (what I studied, past work experience, what I'm interested in getting into, etc..)

1:1 interview: The person interviewing me was a customer service team manager. She had a list of questions she asked me which mostly was about my resume and background. Similar to the phone interview. Then there was small talk (try to get a feel for my personality to see how I would be talking to customers). Last thing I had to do was try to sell a pen to her.

Overall simple and straight forward interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair in June 2010.

The interview asked bizzare questions. I felt confident about my performance but was not offered the job. I inquired why and learned that they felt i was overqualified. From what i have read it seems they expected I would not have remained at the job for long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Wayfair in August 2009.

2 1-on-1 interviews. Very straightforward. The interview process was easy, no overly difficult questions. "Things like "Where do you see yourself in X years?" etc. They really sell the job to you.

The job itself......now that's a different story!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wayfair in July 2009.

The interview process was very simple. I met with the HR person and then with the individual who oversees the Customer Service area. The questions were straightforward and simple (nothing a little preparation won't have you ready for). I was introduced to the benefits of the company and given a brief tour.

Interview Questions

I was told the salary base for the position as was completely turned off. The salary was similar to what I have been receiving for unemployment. The company requires a 4 year degree, which makes sense because they say that you can move up within the company. However, I cannot afford to live on that salary without a guarantee of an increase in pay.