Wayfair

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair.

Went through the on campus interviewing process. Very positive experience. Was impressed with the senior people I met. Turn around was very quick. The interview involved case, fit and experience based questions. First round was on campus and the second was on site in Boston. There were four rounds of interviews in the second round.

Merchandising Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Wayfair.

One interview with 2 different groups of employers. Each group asked a serious of questions regarding my background, interests, and what I would bring to the team. They also asked several scenario type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was straight forward. It was helpful doing prior research and understanding the company and its background.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wayfair in November 2014.

Interview was two back to back Skype interviews totaling about 2 hours. The first was supposed to be cultural fit and the second technical, but they were both technical basically and required me to write code on the Codepad website where the interviewer could see it. They had me do some simple programs, and when I mentioned I had briefly looked over SQL prior to the interview they asked me to do some stuff with that, and even though I didn't do so great with it they were just looking for basic knowledge and ability to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a lot of trouble making program and what you did to fix it (I couldn't think of a good "story")   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wayfair in November 2014.

1st Round is a standard phone screening interview and there is nothing too surprising here.
    2nd Round is a mini-business case
    3rd Round is an in-person interview, but I did not make it that far.

Interview Questions
    • 50,000 shoppers with a 0.5% conversion rate for a chair that costs $250. Wayfair makes a 27% profit.

Next, 50,000 shoppers will get a 10% discount. What is the conversion rate they must achieve to achieve the same profits as before?

View Answer
    • The previous scenario actually happened. Would you give a 10% discount?   View Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

First round on campus interview, no behavioral questions, straight up to the case. I felt uncomfortable through the process because the interviewer seemed like she just wanted to get through the interview and move on to the next candidate.

Pricing Team Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wayfair.

about 1 hour, fun experieces.. the first half is going through your resume, the other half is talking about their projects.. and you can ask them whatever questions you want to address and be confident about it. ... they all seems pretty friendly and casual about it

Interview Questions
    • case study.. but you can do it if you are good at brainstorming ideas..   View Answer

Merchandising Interview

The process works through a recruiter and is relatively straightforward. I found it to be somewhat unorganized however. It started with HR and went on to calls right away. The timing was pretty good.

Interview Questions
    • Not too difficult, just be able to talk about your experience.   Answer Question

Predictive Modeler Interview

After a few emails, they reached out to me for an interview.

They asked what I knew about them, a very little about my background, and the interviewer asked which positions I applied for, Predictive Modeler, Pricing Researcher, Data Analyst, and which I favored of the three. Going by the title I said Predictive Modeler. After leading me on a bit more, about why I favored that role, she then had a "gotcha" moment and said all three jobs were the same, and she was doing this to see if I "even read" the descriptions.

I felt very uncomfortable after this, was not pleased I was apart of her "experiment" as she said. It only leads me to think of what the culture is there.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing all the job descriptions, and that the are the same - minus the title...   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair in October 2014.

Went through on campus recruiting process - submitted a resume and cover letter and was contacted within the week for a first round phone interview. I had assumed that it would just be behavioral questions, but when I got more information I was informed that I'd be doing a case. My interviewer had only been at Wayfair for a few months but she was very friendly and professional. I stumbled on the case (fairly simple figuring out budget allocation for paid search) but had a positive experience otherwise.

Interview Questions
    • What could be the reason for declining click-throughs on paid search ads? How would you suggest remedying this?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair in October 2014.

Applied during college career fair, got interview 2 weeks after. The interview is by Skype, 40min + 40min, first is cultural fit and second is technical asking you to write some code. Print first 20 Fibonacci, some sql.