Wayfair Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with two managers in the dept you're applying for. It was a very relaxed conversation about the job and your experience. Then the next step was going into their Boston offices, and I had four 30 minute interviews. Two of them involved case questions and the other two were just conversations. The case questions were current problems that they were working on, and they asked me how I would go about solving them. Overall, a really good experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

First Round was primarily a case interview on campus

Second Round was a superday at their offices, interviewed with 3 team members, 2 of which were case interviews and one of which was behavioral.

The first case was fairly basic, a bit more quantitative. The second case asked more about qualitative factors.

Overall the process was fairly straightforward, they put you up in a nice hotel that is very close to the offices.

Category Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I went in for to their Boston offices. There were three half hour interview sessions, the first interview I spoke mostly about my resume and qualifications, the second had mini scenarios they asked me to analytically solve, and the third was a big case study that involved spreadsheet and data. It was all pretty straightforward. Everyone there was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a supplier so they could sell your product at a cheaper price?   1 Answer

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

1st round: Standard HR Screening Interview
    2nd round: Phone interview from one of the managers in Business Intelligence, mini business case
    3rd Round: In person with all three managers in Business Intelligence, mini business case + a longer one

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair (Boston, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It took few weeks after my application and the interview is through Skype. There were two forty minutes interview. The questions were about why choose wayfair, the basic coding question about java and sql server.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I applied through my college's career site. They emailed me and arranged a phone interview. The phone interview was casual and involved one simple case question. I got another email for a final round Skype interview, which was 90 minutes. Two fairly simple case questions and one longer case question.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

It started with a phone review and then lead to an in person interview. I felt the questions they asked during the interview process was very different and it was appreciated. I also enjoyed the informal nature of the interviewers was appreciated. It made it a less nerve wracking experience.

Interview Questions

• They provided you with situations that you had to respond to with very little information and provide a written response on how you would respond.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I met with the marketing manager and assistant marketing manager of the group to which I was applying. They were friendly and professional. The interview process was very standard. Standard questions about work experience, interest in working at the company, career goals, etc. I received an offer within a couple of days of my first and only interview. I found there was little room for negotiation on salary, but I was able to get them to boost their initial offer, and I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about work experience, interest in working at the company, career goals, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial introductory phone call with somebody from HR to go over the company description and position details. After that they scheduled a phone technical interview.

Phone interview takes about 45mins, with a mix of technical question and a code exercise.

Recommend to not go over the top on your interview. Make sure the guy on the other side won't be threatened by your skills. Try not to excel, keep simple it and only reply to what you are asked for.

Interview Questions

• What is a primary key and what is used for?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between Public, Protected and Private access modifiers?   Answer Question
    • What is a database temporary table and what is used for?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting program. I had a first round interview on campus and then a Super-Day in Boston comprised of 3 consecutive interviews (2 had cases, one was pure fit). There also was a small, informal panel of current employees in the position for which I was applying. They were very open to answering questions open and honestly.

The people I met were very positive and happy to be working at their company. They made me feel right at home.