Wayfair Interview Questions & Reviews

138 interviews

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wayfair in May 2014.

Applied Online.
    First interview with HR comprised of standard set of question.
    2nd was technical telephone interview . Mostly SQL related and some OO concepts.
    3rd was onsite interview which comprised of three interviews of 1 hour each. 1st was with senior software engineer and solution architect. They asked questions related to database design, normalization n some sql queries. Some question related to webservices and xml. Write a program to covert number to word. (quite easy).
    2nd Interview was with two senior software engineers . They asked questions related to design patterns and solve given problem applying one of them. They asked to write a program which required recursive function call.
    3rd was with Director. Overall strength and experience check. Question right from troubleshooting a web page load problem to database explain plans.
    The process took two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unsual. All the questions/answers using white board reflected the collaborative culture of the company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Wayfair in September 2013.

Applied online process took 5+ Weeks.

Network Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in March 2014.

One interview. On sight. Resume based and network and sql related questions basic questions.

Business Intelligence Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in February 2014.

Resume drop through college career service. selected students were scheduled for on campus interviews.

Interview Questions
    • a small quantitative case. The interviewer jumped right into a case, which is not hard but can be intimidating if you have never practice this type of questions before   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in February 2014.

I applied at university career fair and recruiter contacted me 2 weeks later.

Had 80 mins interview with two software engineers on skype. Talked about projects and had some questions about SQL, data structure, and DNS.

Recruiter got back to me after one week and offered me a job

Market Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Wayfair in March 2014.

The first phone interview consisted of pretty standard questions, previous employment, goals, my personal understanding of the position. Several questions about previous experiences that would be useful in this position, after a short conversation with the recruiter we determined the position would not be a good fit for me, but refered me to other better fits within the company.

Joss & Main Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair.

Received a phone call from a recruiter.. Spoke with them & then had an interview at the office. I interviewed with the buying manager and one of the lead buyers. Asked general questions but also questions about how I would handle the fast-paced environment and deadlines. The interview only lasted twenty minutes. A week later I then received a call from the recruiter with the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment and why?   Answer Question

I declined Joss & Main because of the lower salary and the environment that you would work in was not my cup of tea.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in March 2014.

The hiring process is straightforward and simple. I applied through the College Career Website and they reached out to me with an interview opportunity. The interview was in 2 parts. There was a technical interview for 45 minutes as well as a cultural fit interview which consisted of some puzzle questions as well as some information about myself.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I received was to explain in detail exactly what happened once you enter a url in your browser and hit enter.   Answer Question

Employee Development Trainer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Wayfair.

The process was very thorough. When I was hired, there was a small assessment and a webcam interview done a member of management in the Boston office.

Interview Questions
    I started at Wayfair.com as a Service Consultant. All consultants start off at the same wage/benefits package. I received a offer letter. There was either an acceptance or a decline.

Business Intelligence Analyst Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Wayfair in February 2014.

the interviewer introduced him and the company and jumped right in to the case. The case wasn't any thing hard, but it might surprise you if you are not prepared