Wayfair

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Wayfair in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online process took 5+ Weeks.

Network Engineer Intern Interview

Network Engineer Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in March 2014.

Interview Details – One interview. On sight. Resume based and network and sql related questions basic questions.

Interview Question – Expected Questions   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Intern Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in February 2014.

Interview Details – Resume drop through college career service. selected students were scheduled for on campus interviews.

Interview Question – a small quantitative case. The interviewer jumped right into a case, which is not hard but can be intimidating if you have never practice this type of questions before   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied at university career fair and recruiter contacted me 2 weeks later.

Had 80 mins interview with two software engineers on skype. Talked about projects and had some questions about SQL, data structure, and DNS.

Recruiter got back to me after one week and offered me a job

Interview Question – Difference between inner and outer joins   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Market Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wayfair in March 2014.

Interview Details – The first phone interview consisted of pretty standard questions, previous employment, goals, my personal understanding of the position. Several questions about previous experiences that would be useful in this position, after a short conversation with the recruiter we determined the position would not be a good fit for me, but refered me to other better fits within the company.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or unusual.   Answer Question

Joss & Main Assistant Buyer Interview

Joss & Main Assistant Buyer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from a recruiter.. Spoke with them & then had an interview at the office. I interviewed with the buying manager and one of the lead buyers. Asked general questions but also questions about how I would handle the fast-paced environment and deadlines. The interview only lasted twenty minutes. A week later I then received a call from the recruiter with the outcome of the interview.

Interview Question – Do you feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined Joss & Main because of the lower salary and the environment that you would work in was not my cup of tea.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in March 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is straightforward and simple. I applied through the College Career Website and they reached out to me with an interview opportunity. The interview was in 2 parts. There was a technical interview for 45 minutes as well as a cultural fit interview which consisted of some puzzle questions as well as some information about myself.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I received was to explain in detail exactly what happened once you enter a url in your browser and hit enter.   Answer Question

Employee Development Trainer Interview

Employee Development Trainer

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview Details – The process was very thorough. When I was hired, there was a small assessment and a webcam interview done a member of management in the Boston office.

Interview Question – Where do you would you like to be 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I started at Wayfair.com as a Service Consultant. All consultants start off at the same wage/benefits package. I received a offer letter. There was either an acceptance or a decline.

Business Intelligence Analyst Intern Interview

Business Intelligence Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Wayfair in February 2014.

Interview Details – the interviewer introduced him and the company and jumped right in to the case. The case wasn't any thing hard, but it might surprise you if you are not prepared

Interview Question – small case   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was first contacted after I applied through our campus recruiting. I immediately had my first round interview and it was mainly behavioral questions, why do you want to work here, what is our company like etc... I went onto a second round the following week and spoke with the team lead for online advertising. The interview went well and I was asked to do a third round over the phone. This round had a case study feel to it and I was asked to figure out if an offer to partner with a large company was worth it based on different metrics I was given. They asked me to come into the office for a final round, but since I am from out of state, we did a Skype interview and I spoke with four different people on the team for about 30 minutes each. Two of them were behavioral and the other two were case studies again.

This is where I get frustrated. I was told that the interview went very well and I received great reviews. However, since I was the first person they interviewed they told me I would have to wait a couple of weeks for them to get back to me. I started the process the first week of January and had completed four rounds of interviews of the course of three weeks. The HR person was extremely helpful in the process, and he even checked in with me three weeks later to let me know that they were still interested in me and they were continuing the interview process. I've since emailed him twice asking about the status of the interview process and he has yet to get back to me. IT'S BEEN 1 1/2 MONTHS since I've heard from them. It's been over two months since my last interview.

Interview Question – The business case   Answer Question