Wayfair Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.8

Operations Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The recruiter is patient and nice. They asked general questions, background check and three technical questions regarding SQL/Excel use in case studies. So be prepared with specific skills job requires before phone interview at this company.

Category Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

First, there was a brief talk with the recruiter over the phone. She then called me to schedule a skype interview, which was three, 30 min sessions. Mostly fit interview. I then went to Boston for an onsite interview that consisted of a 30 min fit interview, 30 min mini scenario cases, followed by one longer case reviewing sales data. Everyone was very nice and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle coming into work everyday if you were assigned a category that wasn't as "fun" as the others.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

This is probably the quickest interview I have ever appeared for a full-time Software Engineer position at any company. This position is for Wayfair Labs dept. It involved mainly 2 rounds and one coding challenge. 1st was HR which was simple enough (she would ask you a basic SQL question and other things), then a coding challenge which was simple enough if you know your coding chops (you would be given a day to complete) and finally a phone interview with the Hiring Manager where she would ask 3 questions, one on the coding challenge previously attempted. Next day I got the offer. Overall it took just about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• 1. Maximum subarray problem 2. Problem similar to Dutch National Flags 3. Another to find a number that appears exactly once in an array   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with two managers in the dept you're applying for. It was a very relaxed conversation about the job and your experience. Then the next step was going into their Boston offices, and I had four 30 minute interviews. Two of them involved case questions and the other two were just conversations. The case questions were current problems that they were working on, and they asked me how I would go about solving them. Overall, a really good experience.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview- This is the second time I applied for this position. Last time I received an immediate email that it had been filled. Shortly after that, it came off their website. During the phone interview when I was given a chance to ask questions, HR Manager didn't like me asking why the position was open again. [It had been listed 6 months prior.] The HR Manager became very tongue tied and stammered and couldn't complete a sentence. I was on "speaker" phone and it suspect someone wrote down something for her to say because she finally "recovered" and could talk again. HR Manager didn't know what kind of insurance they offered; PPO, FSA, HSA. Not sure, but I suspect she doesn't know much about different insurance plans. Questions were very easy; no "meat" to them. HR Manager kept telling me I wouldn't be happy with the pay….even though it was 15 thousand more than I am currently earning. HR Manager knew what I am currently earning. Was told I would hear back in 1-2 weeks….never have heard anything. Position is no longer open.

Inbound Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Ogden, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

It all tarts off with a phone interview, the questions were basic. Was then scheduled for a rather lengthy assessment which included a typing test. After that was interviewed by two managers. They perform a background screening and drug test. Overall pretty easy if you have experience. Well worth the time and effort as Wayfair is a great place to work.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

First Round was primarily a case interview on campus Second Round was a superday at their offices, interviewed with 3 team members, 2 of which were case interviews and one of which was behavioral. The first case was fairly basic, a bit more quantitative. The second case asked more about qualitative factors. Overall the process was fairly straightforward, they put you up in a nice hotel that is very close to the offices.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wayfair in March 2015.

Interview

two rounds, both are technical, they use PHP so mostly focus on PHP. Unfortunately I didn't have much experience on it so they seems like not even want to continue the interview. Also included questions about protocols and network, and SQL questions like join, how to create two tables

Interview Questions

• find a way to separate money into n parts. For example, if total money is 121, find a way to separate 121 into 4 closest parts and the solution would be an array with elements 30, 30, 30, 31   1 Answer

Marketing Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

40 minutes long interview with three different individuals. each individual was an expert in their own field (Email Marketing, SEO, Digital Marketing). they all had questions from their own fields. But what seemed to be the most common through out was how to minimize the expense and maximize the brand reach. They were really working hard to get someone who can give new ideas about how to retain a customer.

Interview Questions

• If you have been given a budget for Google Adwords, how will you manage and prioritize the bidding for the certain key words.   1 Answer

Category Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I went in for to their Boston offices. There were three half hour interview sessions, the first interview I spoke mostly about my resume and qualifications, the second had mini scenarios they asked me to analytically solve, and the third was a big case study that involved spreadsheet and data. It was all pretty straightforward. Everyone there was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a supplier so they could sell your product at a cheaper price?   1 Answer