Wayfair

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round is a phone screen with a hr, and the second is with one sr engineer. He asked me some java questions. The last one is an on site interview with 4 engineers.

Interview Question – Class design   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Category Manager Interview

Category Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Wayfair in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process has changed drastically since I joined.

Interview Question – The interview process has changed drastically since I joined.   Answer Question

Cost Management Associate Interview

Cost Management Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview Details – They first send an email asking for a phone interview. The interviewer first told the history of Wayfair and how they came to be. She asked a few questions. Most of them were simple but some threw me off guard.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked with someone who was unprofessional.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in August 2010.

Interview Details – You'll get a tour, and you'll be asked the usual questions ("what attracts you to Wayfair?", "what was an example of you overcoming a difficult situation?").

Interview Question – My interviewer asked me to "sell" her the pen I was using...   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Analyst Interview

Accounts Payable Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Wayfair in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, asked to E-mail back the answer to two question. Then asked to for an in-person interview. They were very nice.

Interview Question – Typically interview questions. Whats your daily work routine? How would you act in a situation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview about a week later. The phone interview was about half an hour long and I was told some basic information about the company and was asked about my resume. The in-person interview was with two employees, who took turns giving me info on the company, asking about past work experience, and asking how I would respond in certain scenarios. For example, what would I do if a long term customer that the company does a lot of business with wants to return an item that is nonreturnable? How would I handle an irate customer? They also asked behavioral questions such as what my biggest weakness is, what motivates me, etc. This lasted for about an hour and a half.

Interview Question – Not really difficult but kind of odd "What would you do if you were talking with a customer and you heard a dog barking in the background?"   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview Details – Let me put it in two words: it sucks. First of all, if you are driving, they don't reimburse you for the parking cost. Most company reimburse for travel cost. Second of all, the interviews are college grads or people the doesn't have much experience themselves. What a waste of time.

Interview Question – What is the color of ethernet cable? What are python eggs?Are these questions even relevant to the job???? The interviewer probably have no idea what python eggs are.   View Answer

Logistics Analyst Interview

Logistics Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview Details – Applied though though the online university system that places students into internships. I had one face-to-face interview with the manager, had a tour though the one floor which they were on. After seven days I was offered the job which I accepted.

Interview Question – Very basic interview. When they ask for your past experiences or explaining a situation they want you to show that you pay attention to detail.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Category Associate Interview

Category Associate

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview Details – Surprise case interview

Interview Question – Was given multiple spreadsheets and had to make forecast projections and calculations on the spot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You cannot negotiate the starting salary. I tried.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Pricing Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview Details – Two phone screens then an in person interview. The interview was of medium difficulty. There were some hypothetical scenarios pricing typical things that would be sold on the website. Interviewed with director of pricing, two associates and then the manager of the pricing group. Questions ranged from critiques of resume to why I would have an interest in Big Data.

Interview Question – Explain the price of an office chair if there is no other information in front of you, how would you determine the price of the chair?   View Answer