Wayfair

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Junior Software Engineer Interview

First I was contacted by the recruiter who asked basic recruiter questions about my education and past work experiences. Then a phone interview was set up with a senior software engineer a couple days later. First of all the interviewer had a very strong accent which was hard to understand and I had to ask him to repeat several of the questions. The first question was what happens when you enter a url into the browser. The next question was about socket communication protocol. The last 3 or 4 questions all had to do with SQL. The SQL questions were usually pretty long. Make sure you have a notepad on hand to write down the question so you don't have to keep asking him to repeat it.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was particularly difficult but there were a lot of SQL questions which I was unprepared for. Make sure you brush up on your SQL.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Wayfair.

Hiring process was very straightforward. The recruiter is very nice and she was very helpful at helping negotiate salary. My first convo was with her. Then she invited me over to a onsite interview, which laster 2 hours. The first hour was about fit and personality. That was very chill. The second hour was very technical in nature and consisted of a lot of algorithmic questions and object oriented design principles. Be prepared to code on the whiteboard and know your data structures well!

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a spreadsheet? Implement some of the code on the whiteboard   Answer Question
    Negotiation took about a day. Recruiter called me the next day after the interview to make an offer, which was lower than I expected so I made a counteroffer. She called me back to talk about the counteroffer and we settled on a number in the middle. The recruiter spoke with the hiring manager about the numbers and called again and said that I would get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wayfair.

Out of state interviews consist of an initial phone screening. Then a more technical interview over Skype and finally an in person interview that lasts about 2 hours. Included will be questions about ones background as well as well technical questions and logic puzzles. In the onsite interview you will speak with a panel of managers.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask questions about how one would right certain database queries as well as various logic puzzles   Answer Question
    They wont budge on their initial offer, even if you have other competing offers.

on-phone interview with an HR