Wayfair Marketing Entry Level Interview Questions

2.8

Marketing Entry Level Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied through their website and had two interviews. First one with a Manager and a Director, basic walk me through your resume, then asked questions to see if you are fit for the job. Second interview with another director, they all seemed nice. The office was like a big classroom with conference rooms. Some people were in flip flops and hoodies. Be confident in the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wayfair

Marketing Entry Level Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 1-on-1 interviews with hiring partners & group directors. Most of the questions are behavioral questions. I was given 2 case questions which are really simple (not your typical consulting case interviews). The cases are on digital/internet related cases, specifically to e-commerce. Overall, it was a very relaxed process and everyone was very nice.

Marketing Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wayfair (Boss, MO) in August 2009.

Interview

Applied on-line and submitted writing sample together with resume and cover letter. Went for interview and talked for almost an hour with two people (marketing director and product manager). Questions are pretty creative and thoughtful like describe a situation where you have to negotiate and solve the problem. If you are given unlimited amount of funding, how would you invest it. Good practice for future interview.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important quality of a manager?   Answer Question
    • If you are given unlimited amount of money, how would you invest it?   2 Answers

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA) in January 2007.

Interview

The interview process has changed a lot at CSN over the last 3 years. When I entered the company I had applied for an internship despite having already graduated because I was looking for a way to get my foot in the door. I was interviewed by two mid-level managers for a total of 20 minutes and given a tour of the office. I was convinced that the interviewers were uninterested in my answers and sensed that they already had another person in mind for the position. To my surprise I was offered a full time position the following week. The offer was low but I was inexperienced and was looking for any opportunity to prove myself so I accepted. I moved up quickly in the beginning but have now leveled off despite receiving great reviews and top allowable bonuses. It is much more difficult to move up in CSN than it was in the past.

Nowadays the interview process in more rigorous. I am familiar with the process because I have been involved in interviewing new hires. There is generally a phone screening and then a handful of candidates (usually about 5 of 15 or so) are invited for an in-person interview. The candidate is usually interviewed by two or three groups of two interviewers. Questions are pretty generic and management is looking primarily for the candidate to be well-spoken, confident, engaged (asking good questions) and to have a good quantitative analysis skills. There are often several quantitative activities to test a candidates ability to work with data and numbers. You need to at least be on the right track to solving these reasonably easy activities. I recommend showing your work so you can show you were close even if you make a small error. The candidate will then be given a tour of the office. Offers are usually made within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• What past experience do you have with quanitative analysis that may be benefitial to you in this position?   1 Answer
    • If you moved into an apartment with five roomates and the bedrooms varied in size and quality, how would you go about deciding who gets which room?   1 Answer

Negotiation

CSN is generally unwilling to negotiate with lower level hires. The offer is the offer. This is more flexible when hiring senior management.