Wayne State Interview Questions in Detroit, MI

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wayne State.

Interviewed by the Principal Investigator and a research coordinator. Very friendly and felt comfortable during the whole interview process. Was asked questions about past experiences. Very straightforward interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. It was a very straighforward interview.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wayne State in July 2013.

I spoke directly with one of the supervisors who told me where to turn in my application and asked me when I could start.

Research Assistant/Research Study Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wayne State.

I was hired through networking with a researcher with whom I'd had contact for several months, she recruited me, no questions asked, other than salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • It was 12 years ago, I really don't remember anything at all that was difficult or unexpected.   View Answer
    Simple, I was offered 5% more than I was making in my previous job.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wayne State in April 2012.

The individual department doing the interview handled it very well. The Human Resources department was poorly organized. Before they called me to offer me the position, they sent me a rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any question too difficult or unexpected. They were mostly interested in my knowledge of university policies and procedures.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayne State in November 2011.

This was an average interview with standard questions. Given by the head of the department with an assistant. Why do you want this job? What are your future goals? How do you deal with difficult people?
    Interview was approximately 20 minutes. Polite and professional.

Interview Questions
    • To identify an area of personal growth.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wayne State in November 2010.

1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Skills and behavior questions. Follow the star format when answering. No question really stood out as being hard.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wayne State in April 2009.

Received an email, contacted by hiring manager and scheduled a time and place. Was nervous but I felt very relaxed once I met the people here

Interview Questions
    The offer was accepted because I agreed without negotiating

Applications Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Wayne State in March 2009.

Applying for any job begins online. I received a telephone to call to set up the interview. The interview consisted of a one to one meeting with a supervisor (unsure of exact title), and two weeks later, I was informed that the position had been filled by someone other than myself.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayne State in February 2009.

There were two interviews. The first one was an individual interview with myself and a Community Director. The second was a group interview with myself and everyone who was applying for the position. It was an opportunity for our employers to see how we could function in a group setting. Overall, the people who did the hiring are people with great personality so my advice would be to be yourself and have positive things to say when you speak.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you qualified for this position.   Answer Question
    • How would you rate your college experience, and how will your experience help you while holding this position.   Answer Question