Wayne State Interview Questions in Detroit, MI

Updated May 27, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Long, but fair. I had to send them documents and references but that is to be expected. The more relevant the references, the better. They were fair in what they asked. I was in front of a panel of three professors and it was down to me and one other candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Interviewed by the Principal Investigator and a research coordinator. Very friendly and felt comfortable during the whole interview process. Was asked questions about past experiences. Very straightforward interview questions.

Interview Questions

• None that I can think of. It was a very straighforward interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

1 round, just one to one interview. Generally it was all about our previous experience and interest to learn about the specific position title. Generally it was all about our previous experience and interest to learn about the specific position title

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

I spoke directly with one of the supervisors who told me where to turn in my application and asked me when I could start.

Research Assistant/Research Study Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I was hired through networking with a researcher with whom I'd had contact for several months, she recruited me, no questions asked, other than salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• It was 12 years ago, I really don't remember anything at all that was difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, I was offered 5% more than I was making in my previous job.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Analytical Chemistry Division faculty. Pleasant and professional, they really want to get a feel for what your interested doing research in. If they can see you as a member of their lab they will recommend your acceptance to the program.

Interview Questions

• What research experience did you have in your Undergraduate studies?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

The individual department doing the interview handled it very well. The Human Resources department was poorly organized. Before they called me to offer me the position, they sent me a rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any question too difficult or unexpected. They were mostly interested in my knowledge of university policies and procedures.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

This was an average interview with standard questions. Given by the head of the department with an assistant. Why do you want this job? What are your future goals? How do you deal with difficult people? Interview was approximately 20 minutes. Polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• To identify an area of personal growth.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in November 2010.

Interview

1 interview

Interview Questions

• Skills and behavior questions. Follow the star format when answering. No question really stood out as being hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in April 2009.

Interview

Received an email, contacted by hiring manager and scheduled a time and place. Was nervous but I felt very relaxed once I met the people here

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was accepted because I agreed without negotiating