Wayne State Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Accreditation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was with the direct supervisor, who showed me around the school and we had a chance to talk about the job, what they were looking for and my qualifications. The second was with a dean and another administrator which was more of a formal interview. I was offered the position not too long after that.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the a problem (which they specified)   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayne State.

Interview

As my visa was going to expire at that time, so I just took phone interview talk about background, research paper. The interview last about one hour in very friendly atmosphere. There was no difficult questions at all. The supervisor was very familiar with my work, and as interested in it, and seems very satisfied with my work, and gave offer immediately.

Interview Questions

• What will you do after postdoctoral research   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Long, but fair. I had to send them documents and references but that is to be expected. The more relevant the references, the better. They were fair in what they asked. I was in front of a panel of three professors and it was down to me and one other candidate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wayne State.

Interview

I sent my resume to the supervisor and she invited me for an interview. It was a group interview. She asked our schedule first and then asked why we this position and what experiences do we have. We then observed a therapist with a child and took a quiz.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Interviewed by the Principal Investigator and a research coordinator. Very friendly and felt comfortable during the whole interview process. Was asked questions about past experiences. Very straightforward interview questions.

Interview Questions

• None that I can think of. It was a very straighforward interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

Standard. You'll go to a finance conference, they'll fly you out for a presentation on campus if they like you, you will get to meet the faculty, have lunch and dinner with the faculty, get to meet the PhD students, discuss compensation etc.

Peer Mentor Interview

Interview

not bad, no STAR type questions, WSU now has background checks

Interview Questions

• there are no difficult questions or unexpected questions if you have experience   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

I spoke directly with one of the supervisors who told me where to turn in my application and asked me when I could start.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I was hired through networking with a researcher with whom I'd had contact for several months, she recruited me, no questions asked, other than salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• It was 12 years ago, I really don't remember anything at all that was difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, I was offered 5% more than I was making in my previous job.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Analytical Chemistry Division faculty. Pleasant and professional, they really want to get a feel for what your interested doing research in. If they can see you as a member of their lab they will recommend your acceptance to the program.

Interview Questions

• What research experience did you have in your Undergraduate studies?   1 Answer