WePay Engineering Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WePay in October 2011.

I applied online, and received an email regarding times I would be available for a phone interview. After a few emails back and forth, a phone interview was setup the same day. The initial phone interview lasted approximately an hour and I was invited to interview on-site the following day.

The on-site interview started with lunch, and then moved into a series of one-on-one interviews with various members in the development team, lasting a total of five hours. During a break, I bumped into the CEO and had a brief conversation with him. He was very nice, and reflected the laid-back work culture I observed.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between inheritance in PHP vs. Javascript?   View Answer
  • Using PHP, how would you take a string containing the letters "GOOGLE" and remove the duplicate letters to output "GOGLE" (without using array_unique)?   View Answer

Worked for WePay? Contribute to the Community!