Weather Channel

Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.7

Freelance to Full-time Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weather Channel in September 2014.

I applied online then I received an email to set up a phone screen the next day. After the phone screen, a few days later we met for a group interview. Asked general interview questions, but we mostly discussed my work. There was a lot of competition and overall it was a really good experience.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weather Channel.

I was contacted by a recruiter. The process moved very quickly. I interviewed with multiple departments and department heads and senior management within two weeks.The recruiter provided little guidance and the guidance provided did not seem aligned with the hiring manager.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Weather Channel in December 2013.

Went through three interviews with all the people I'd be working with. All very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions, they were very up front about the job.   Answer Question
    Lowball, & difficult

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weather Channel.

The interview was a waste of time. If you are qualified for the position but do not fit into their culture you will not be considered.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Outreach from HR by phone. Flown in by HR - very nice. One day of non-stop interviews with prospective boss, VP (twice) and prospective co-workers.

Interview Questions
    Yes, was able to negotiate start time, salary, and benefits.

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Weather Channel.

Took me around to meet others. Interview/drilled me about what I knew. Gave tour. Discussed resume and past experience. Your normal corporate fare. Wasn't terrifying. Wasn't a walk in the park.

Interview Questions
    • Brand name and manufacture date of certain equipment I had worked on in the past.   Answer Question
    "We'd like to offer.."
    "Okay..."

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Weather Channel in September 2010.

phone screen with HR recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, in person interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • How would you analyze this situation? (gave an example situation for me to consider)   Answer Question
    conversation with HR recruiter

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Weather Channel in March 2010.

4 different interviews with human resources, direct supervisor, and department manager, very down to earth interview

salary was already fixed, benefits are already determined

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Weather Channel in October 2009.

I applied on-line, had several phone interviews and a writing test. Then they had me watch a few hours of programming and e-mail a critique. I was flown in and out on the same day. I got a tour of the facilities and spoke to several different managers. I also watched a show from the control room and the studio. It was a whirlwind day. My brain felt like mush afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about gaps in my employment and what caused them.   Answer Question

3D Multimedia Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weather Channel in February 2007.

The hiring and interview process was very quick and very easy. Honestly, it seemed to be the best interview I've ever had. All the parties that were to have a decision in hiring me were in on the very first group/panel interview. It seemed streamlined and well thought out. Information was given to me to help me make a good decision about working there too. Everything was out on the table and there were no head games. It was fantastic!

The negotiation phase was pretty good. There wasn't much latitude either way but the initial offer was quite fair to begin with.