Weather Channel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.8

Freelance to Full-time Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online then I received an email to set up a phone screen the next day. After the phone screen, a few days later we met for a group interview. Asked general interview questions, but we mostly discussed my work. There was a lot of competition and overall it was a really good experience.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter, then an experience screening with an Account Manager in a different office. Then two in person interviews at the Chicago location with a manager and executive, then the director popped in without prior knowledge for an informal meeting/interview. Overall a basic and not too difficult process.

Interview Questions

• Past difficult situation? Pretty basic interview questions, conversational feel which is always good.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was a great offer on the top end of the pay grade for this position so I did not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weather Channel.

Interview

HR was pretty disorganized and i passed on the opp, the first phone call was very unprofessional, my first interview was very strange, then hr lead on the phone - very odd company

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, very standard boring hr basics stuff   Answer Question

HR was terrible

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Weather Channel.

Interview

If they need you and you are willing to learn they will hire you on the next day. If you are good at interviewing you will get the job. It is a very informal interview for the entry level position and then more intensive for hire positions and more interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was unemployed so no negotiation.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process was painless and the HR staff communicated quickly and efficiently.

Production Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I felt very comfortable in the interview and they made me feel welcomed. The questions that were asked were all relevant to the job that I was applying for and they were very straight forward in explaining the expectations for the job at hand.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have that best prepared you for live TV.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. The process moved very quickly. I interviewed with multiple departments and department heads and senior management within two weeks.The recruiter provided little guidance and the guidance provided did not seem aligned with the hiring manager.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Went through three interviews with all the people I'd be working with. All very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, they were very up front about the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Lowball, & difficult

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was a waste of time. If you are qualified for the position but do not fit into their culture you will not be considered.

Product Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Outreach from HR by phone. Flown in by HR - very nice. One day of non-stop interviews with prospective boss, VP (twice) and prospective co-workers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, was able to negotiate start time, salary, and benefits.