Weatherford

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Weatherford

Interview Details – two very easy interview

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question was asked.   Answer Question

Odessa, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Weatherford in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had just one personal interview in which I gave details of my education background, projects carried out & previous job experience.

Interview Question – Which would you care more for, safety or production output ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation done.

Cairo (Egypt)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Weatherford in March 2010.

Interview Details – It went easy and simple
1 to1 interview it lasted for an hour
asking me alot about my self and about my last job

Interview Question – What do you knoe about our company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – we sat for an hour telling me about the sallery and the bonus and the working conditions and everything

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Weatherford in August 2008.

Interview Details – I was asked to come to the interview then i agreed. After a week then i did come to the office. I was interviewed by a Business Unit Manager and a Senior Engineer. After 40 minutes talking about background, university, previous work, then the BU Manager gave me some Basic Physics test-written test. I finished the test and discussed my answers to them and got back interviewed for about 30 minutes. 2 months later i got a call from human resource department that i have to check my email as they have sent me an offering for this job. But i have to pass the Medical Check up in their referred Hospital. 3 weeks after the Medical check up i was informed that i need to assign some agreement in their office. I asked the softcopy for the contract to be reviewed first by me.

Interview Question – basic physics test   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Higher basic salary

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Weatherford in October 2009.

Interview Details – I went to ITB. Weatherford open recruitment there. There were a 5 minutes interview. And then I was called for the second and third interview which were the pannel interview and presentation

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Maracaibo (Venezuela)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weatherford in November 2008.

Interview Details – First of all, they called me and explained to me what the company does and asked me if I wanted to participate in the selection process, I said yes so they told me that I had to go to Puerto la Cruz (I was in Maturin, Venezuela) to do a personality test and an English test. We were 5 persons and they told us that there were more in Maracaibo. They also said that they would call us when the results were ready and to know if we were selected to go to the next part of the selection that was an Assessment Center in Maracaibo. Two weeks later they called me to go to Maracaibo (they paid everything). Four of the five persons in Puerto la Cruz, arrived to Maracaibo a Thursday in the evening to rest all night for the next day.
On Friday morning we met the people who were selected in Maracaibo and began the Assessment center. We made lots of activities that proved us physically and psychologically. The activities were in groups, couples and individually. I don't remember all activities but I list some of them.
1. Know each participant, the psychologists and the jury.
2. They put us in a situation were we had to handle with a very angry boss and a client who wanted us to solve something, the boss was Latin and the client was Portuguese, so we had to speak Spanish with the boss and English with the Portuguese and also solve the problem. This was individual.
3. They gave us a paper explaining that a train accident had occurred, the people couldn’t escape and the oxygen was running out, we had to choose the first 10 persons that the rescue team had to rescue and the order. This activity was in group.
4. They put us in a false elevator with a person with claustrophobia, first they explained to us that we were late for an interview and we had to go as soon as possible. But the person in the elevator asked me to go with him to his floor so he could felt some company, but the elevator stopped.
5. Also we did physical and psychological activities against the clock.
All of these activities were dramatizations were we felt like it was real, these made me feel a lot of stress and tiredness at the end of the day. The assessment centre was from 8 am to 12 pm and then from 1 pm to 8 pm, it was really stressful. Only one person was selected, we were 8.

Interview Question – This question wasn't difficult because the difficulty was in the other activities: Try to sell yourself to the company.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weatherford

Worked for Weatherford? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weatherford Field Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Weatherford employees and interview candidates.