Weatherford

2.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Weatherford in August 2014.

The process took too long. They had me come over to the corporate offices three times to interview with one person each time, these could have been done in one session. Wasted my time. The interviwers had no clue on how to conduct an effective interview. All three of them spent 50 min talking about their background and the company in a 60 min interview. After 3 weeks I haven't heard back from them. I consider this as lack of courtesy and professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Can you talk about your work experience? Oh by the way we have 10 min left.   View Answer

MIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weatherford in February 2014.

Submitted resume, and called a few times, and got the interview. I also has an ok GPA.

Interview Questions
    • Other than your research for this position, did you know anything about weatherford?   View Answer

Technical Illustrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Weatherford.

I interviewed with a VP and 3 Product Line Managers separately. Each asked about difference areas of my skills and competencies. It was a thorough interview that went very well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to show different parts of a tool from a CAD drawing which I had no previous experience working with.   Answer Question
    I was fresh out of college and did not negotiate.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weatherford in July 2013.

Submitted resume. Phone call from recruiter. One interview. Then was hired.

Interview Questions
    • - Asked about total years experience in my field
      - Asked why I was leaving my current company.
      - Asked me the most vague question of "Tell me about yourself".

Answer Question
    No negotiation was needed

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weatherford in June 2013.

One telephonic interview followed by a personal interview.
    The interview was very easy and based on my experience

Interview Questions
    • What tools will you use to evaluate a new business venture   Answer Question

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford in December 2012.

I submitted an application in late October 2012, and got contacted for an interview in December 2012. The recruiter was slow in responding to emails about the position, but once she scheduled the interview, the process picked up some.

My interview was over Skype and it lasted 30 minutes. The questions ranged from my resume to getting water up a 7 story building. The interviewer spent sometime trying to get to know me better and understand why I would be a good fit.

Once the interview was completed, I received an offer in early January 2013. I was then placed in the training program for February 2013.

Interview Questions
    • How to get water up a 7 story building and what you would use to calculate the answer.   View Answer
    One offer was put on the table, and it was very reasonable. With the benefits included, I accepted within a day.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford in August 2012.

Very informal interview. Very open and honest, nothing fancy - to the point. She told me right then and there how she would hire me and the steps to take. I got my offer letter a few days after and had to go take my drug screen / physical. Started working shortly after that.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was not hard at all, "What are some previous experiences that you have gained that will help you with the position here at weatherford?"   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford in August 2012.

Called in for 1st and 2nd interview< Asked a list of questions How would you handle this situation? Asked if I felt over qualified? etc.

Inside recruiter asked what salary I required and said ok. Took three weeks - received an offer over the phone with confirmation in writing.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Weatherford in December 2011.

Phone interview short and concise. Set up a face to face interview. Discussed my experience level as well as what other skills I could offer in the postion.

Interview Questions
    Offer was given with fair salary. I did not attempt to negotiate.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Weatherford in October 2011.

Applied on their company website for one position, but was interviewed for a totally different one. This was ok but I was given no information regarding the new position at all. I found out what job it was in the interview. Well first HR called me asked if I was able to an interview "next week" and asked if I could be back in town. I was away and had moved away from Houston, they would not pay for my travel expenses back to houston (2200 miles away). Emails and questions beyond that call were not answered and were ignored. I made my way to houston thinking that I would get a good job and a good offer. I received an email the day before the interview was to take place of when and where.

In the interview I met with the manager and another engineer we spoke for some time with the standard questions being asked. The interview oddly took place late in the day and lasted for 3 hours. The interview ended in a tour of the facility.

I received an offer ~5 days later from HR with only 2 days to accept or decline.

Interview Questions
    • Random questions concerning past experience. Nothing special.   Answer Question

The offer was low considering the lack of bonuses, vacation, benefits etc and only allowed for 2 days before it expired. I declined and asked for a new offer due to the obviously low offer. There was no reply or anything to that email from HR. Then when the offer expired 2 days later the original HR hiring rep called me very angry that I refused the letter. He was very rude and blunt, he called every number but my mobile and everyone he spoke to told me "some rude guy called from weatherford". I then contacted him and stated my case about the low offer and said I was expecting a counter offer, he then agreed to go back and talk about the offer. He said that he would contact me either way concerning the offer, he did not reply again. He was very snappy and upset.

The main reason I turned down the offer was because lack of communication from HR. If I was given an offer and no emails or calls were returned with my questions, what am I to expect from a company HR if I am to work there. I did not trust HR at all they were very distant and rude. Although the manager that interviewed me was great.

Any company that will not negotiate or at least admit they will not, is not a company worth working for. I was not some new graduate looking for a job that would accept the first bone placed infront of me.