Weatherford Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.7

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was brought on by a friend, so my interview was very minimal. I was a previous vendor that assisted Weatherford for years so my skills and support grabbed their attention.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to transition to a purchaser role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, the first offer was more than triple I was making at the time.

Executive Level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Met at a neutral site, had met before. Reviewed state of the oil industry. This was the second interview for the same position. Unfortunately, no feedback from Weatherford was received. Neither, good, bad, nor indifferent. There has been no close out to this interview. I would like some feedback for closure to the process.

Interview Questions

• Available? Interested? How to manage a business with $50 USD oil.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied on weatherford web page, after 2 weeks the recruiter called me and asked some questions related to my resume. After 2 weeks she called me back with an scheduled interview, in 1 week I had the interview and next day I had an offer

Interview Questions

• Basically they asked about my experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was a two day process that involved a facility tour and activity at the end of day one; and an activity (interview panels, testing, and other assessments) filled second day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make or take a difficult decision or action, and how did you successfully accomplished this goal, task or decision?   1 Answer

Wellsite Geoscience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Weatherford (North Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on September 22, 2014 and got a call to come in for interview on October 13, 2014. The Interview was scheduled the next day (October 14, 2014) that is 3 weeks after my application.
    My interviewer started by telling about himself and the department I will be working in if hired. Then he went on to describe the job responsibility to me and made clear that it is an entry position even though I have almost 4 years experience working in the upstream industry. However, he explained that I would have the opportunity to move up the ladder if made an offer and I accept. The interview was conservation like. I really enjoyed the interview. It was best interview in terms how it went and how comfortable he made me feel during the whole process. It was by far my best experience during an interview and I have done quite a lot of them.
    1. He asked me to tell him about my experience and what I have done before now.
    2. He asked if I have any question for him to which I responded by asking a question and he answered honestly and diligently.
    3. He asked me to tell him my greatest strength as a Geologist, and then followed that with asking that I tell him my greatest weakness also.
    4. What made you think that you are equal to the task involved in this job (Wellsite Geoscience Specialist Position)?
    5. He asked if I have PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) used on the rigs.
    6. What project have you done or been part of that prepares you with the skills needed to succeed in this role?
    7. He told me that the job involves 60% lab/office work and 40% Wellsite work, which he said is the worst case scenario, that in fact, it is more like 70% lab/office work and 30 Wellsite assignment.
    8. Why do you want to leave your current job for this one?
    9. Then he asked me if I have any further question.
    10. He told me to expect a call 3 weeks out for the outcome of the interview, then escorted me to the reception area and told me to wait for him to get his business card for me.
    11. The interview lasted for about 35 minutes
    12. After 23 days I called and they told me that the position has been filled. I was disappointed that they did not email to tell me about the outcome of the interview until I felt tired of waiting and gave them a call.

Interview Questions

• I would not say there were unexpected or difficult questions. The questions were in line with what I expected and the interviewer made me feel relaxed.   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The process took too long. They had me come over to the corporate offices three times to interview with one person each time, these could have been done in one session. Wasted my time. The interviwers had no clue on how to conduct an effective interview. All three of them spent 50 min talking about their background and the company in a 60 min interview. After 3 weeks I haven't heard back from them. I consider this as lack of courtesy and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about your work experience? Oh by the way we have 10 min left.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was very easy. They ask you behavioural questions first and then they ask you about previouus experiences with supply chain management. Then, you go through multiple panel interviews when they ask you the typical: "tell me about a time when...."
    Also, you get to do a presentation for a couple of VPs of the area.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you optimized a process and how did you do it?   Answer Question

MIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume, and called a few times, and got the interview. I also has an ok GPA.

Interview Questions

• Other than your research for this position, did you know anything about weatherford?   1 Answer

Technical Illustrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with a VP and 3 Product Line Managers separately. Each asked about difference areas of my skills and competencies. It was a thorough interview that went very well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to show different parts of a tool from a CAD drawing which I had no previous experience working with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was fresh out of college and did not negotiate.

Deployment Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Weatherford (Katy, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Only went to one 2 hour long group/panel interview after passing a phone screen. First, with a current deployment engineer and a member of the development department. Then, with the manager I would be reporting to. My interviewers were insightful, professional, and sincere. I was asked about my undergraduate experience and involvement in recent projects. Got an offer 2 weeks later. The background check took almost 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If you were on vacation, enjoying the beach with your family, and a client calls that needs immediate emergency attention, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Salary offer was reasonable.