Weatherford

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Wellsite Geoscience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Weatherford in October 2014.

I applied on September 22, 2014 and got a call to come in for interview on October 13, 2014. The Interview was scheduled the next day (October 14, 2014) that is 3 weeks after my application.
    My interviewer started by telling about himself and the department I will be working in if hired. Then he went on to describe the job responsibility to me and made clear that it is an entry position even though I have almost 4 years experience working in the upstream industry. However, he explained that I would have the opportunity to move up the ladder if made an offer and I accept. The interview was conservation like. I really enjoyed the interview. It was best interview in terms how it went and how comfortable he made me feel during the whole process. It was by far my best experience during an interview and I have done quite a lot of them.
    1. He asked me to tell him about my experience and what I have done before now.
    2. He asked if I have any question for him to which I responded by asking a question and he answered honestly and diligently.
    3. He asked me to tell him my greatest strength as a Geologist, and then followed that with asking that I tell him my greatest weakness also.
    4. What made you think that you are equal to the task involved in this job (Wellsite Geoscience Specialist Position)?
    5. He asked if I have PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) used on the rigs.
    6. What project have you done or been part of that prepares you with the skills needed to succeed in this role?
    7. He told me that the job involves 60% lab/office work and 40% Wellsite work, which he said is the worst case scenario, that in fact, it is more like 70% lab/office work and 30 Wellsite assignment.
    8. Why do you want to leave your current job for this one?
    9. Then he asked me if I have any further question.
    10. He told me to expect a call 3 weeks out for the outcome of the interview, then escorted me to the reception area and told me to wait for him to get his business card for me.
    11. The interview lasted for about 35 minutes
    12. After 23 days I called and they told me that the position has been filled. I was disappointed that they did not email to tell me about the outcome of the interview until I felt tired of waiting and gave them a call.

Interview Questions
    • I would not say there were unexpected or difficult questions. The questions were in line with what I expected and the interviewer made me feel relaxed.   Answer Question

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Weatherford in August 2014.

The process took too long. They had me come over to the corporate offices three times to interview with one person each time, these could have been done in one session. Wasted my time. The interviwers had no clue on how to conduct an effective interview. All three of them spent 50 min talking about their background and the company in a 60 min interview. After 3 weeks I haven't heard back from them. I consider this as lack of courtesy and professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Can you talk about your work experience? Oh by the way we have 10 min left.   View Answer

MIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Weatherford in February 2014.

Submitted resume, and called a few times, and got the interview. I also has an ok GPA.

Interview Questions
    • Other than your research for this position, did you know anything about weatherford?   View Answer

Technical Illustrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Weatherford.

I interviewed with a VP and 3 Product Line Managers separately. Each asked about difference areas of my skills and competencies. It was a thorough interview that went very well.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to show different parts of a tool from a CAD drawing which I had no previous experience working with.   Answer Question
    I was fresh out of college and did not negotiate.

Deployment Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Weatherford in August 2013.

Only went to one 2 hour long group/panel interview after passing a phone screen. First, with a current deployment engineer and a member of the development department. Then, with the manager I would be reporting to. My interviewers were insightful, professional, and sincere. I was asked about my undergraduate experience and involvement in recent projects. Got an offer 2 weeks later. The background check took almost 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If you were on vacation, enjoying the beach with your family, and a client calls that needs immediate emergency attention, what would you do?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Salary offer was reasonable.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weatherford in July 2013.

Submitted resume. Phone call from recruiter. One interview. Then was hired.

Interview Questions
    • - Asked about total years experience in my field
      - Asked why I was leaving my current company.
      - Asked me the most vague question of "Tell me about yourself".

Answer Question
    No negotiation was needed

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Weatherford in June 2013.

One telephonic interview followed by a personal interview.
    The interview was very easy and based on my experience

Interview Questions
    • What tools will you use to evaluate a new business venture   Answer Question

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford in December 2012.

I submitted an application in late October 2012, and got contacted for an interview in December 2012. The recruiter was slow in responding to emails about the position, but once she scheduled the interview, the process picked up some.

My interview was over Skype and it lasted 30 minutes. The questions ranged from my resume to getting water up a 7 story building. The interviewer spent sometime trying to get to know me better and understand why I would be a good fit.

Once the interview was completed, I received an offer in early January 2013. I was then placed in the training program for February 2013.

Interview Questions
    • How to get water up a 7 story building and what you would use to calculate the answer.   View Answer
    One offer was put on the table, and it was very reasonable. With the benefits included, I accepted within a day.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford in August 2012.

Called in for 1st and 2nd interview< Asked a list of questions How would you handle this situation? Asked if I felt over qualified? etc.

Inside recruiter asked what salary I required and said ok. Took three weeks - received an offer over the phone with confirmation in writing.

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford in August 2012.

Very informal interview. Very open and honest, nothing fancy - to the point. She told me right then and there how she would hire me and the steps to take. I got my offer letter a few days after and had to go take my drug screen / physical. Started working shortly after that.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question was not hard at all, "What are some previous experiences that you have gained that will help you with the position here at weatherford?"   Answer Question