Weatherford

2.6

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Weatherford.

I applied on weatherford web page, after 2 weeks the recruiter called me and asked some questions related to my resume. After 2 weeks she called me back with an scheduled interview, in 1 week I had the interview and next day I had an offer

Interview Questions
    • Basically they asked about my experience   View Answer
    No negotiation

Field Engineer Completions and Liners - Graduate Trainee Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford.

Applied online, received a call for interview within a week. Had an in person interview with two managers that lasted around 3 hours. After interview I was told what the next step in the process would be and I was given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. They presented several work scenarios and asked how I would respond to them. Did not ask much about academic background, in fact they made it a point to let me know that they weren't going to ask about my grades. I was asked about things that were on my resume, like projects, volunteer work and internships. Only question that threw me off was when they asked me why I chose to go to the school I went to.   Answer Question
    No negotiation about salary during interview, received an offer a week after interview with salary and benefits information.

Field Engineer - Completions and Liners - Graduate Trainee Program Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford.

I received a phone call from a recruiting coordinator, less than a week after submitting my job application, asking to schedule an in person interview. For the first 30 minutes, the two people interviewing me explained the program. They were really friendly, and sold a positive view of Weatherford. The interview then moved to standard questions concerning my resume and experience. Be ready show some basic knowledge of the completions process, and explain why you want to be a field engineer. Also be ready to answer a lot of behavioral questions, such as how to handle situations when team members will not complete a task, or how to handle yourself among the roughnecks at a drill rig. The interview ended up lasting over 2.5 hours after I was done asking questions. Unfortunately, I received an email two weeks after the interview notifying me that they determined to go with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Weatherford will probably give a short "quiz" after to interview. And by that I mean a drawing of a section of horizontal drill pipe at depth. The interviewers will leave the room for five minutes and when they return, you must explain the problem. No math is necessary, but pay attention to detail of the drawing and you will be able to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview was challenging and I enjoyed it. The challenge allowed me to show my strengths and what I was capable of. Hiring process was similar to other company's procedures.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in your previous position and how does that relate to this role?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weatherford.

Got the first interview via University recruiting. Interviewed with a recruiter who asked typical interview-type questions.

Got an email about a week or two later inviting me for an on-site interview in Houston. Flew out there with a few other people from my school. We each interviewed with 4 different engineering managers, about 30 minutes each. They all pretty much had me talk about my resume and they also wanted to know what my interests/hobbies were. Then they fed us lunch and then they took us on a tour of the facility. Flew back that evening.

Received an email about 2 weeks after that with an offer.

Overall the process wasn't bad. Everyone I met in the office that day was very friendly and welcoming. Definitely seem like a good group of people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Which classes do you enjoy the most? Least?   View Answer

Field Engineer Completions and Liners - Graduate Trainee Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford in November 2014.

Weatherford treated me like royalty. Great experience overall. Two people who ran the program interviewed me, nice guys. Questions asked were mostly based on what I've done via my resume...a couple of tougher questions were asked. If you have taken machine design or statics and dynamics it won't be difficult to answer the technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were related to proprietary weatherford downhole completions tools.   Answer Question
    For this program, they have a set rate I assume at which the salary is set. I didn't negotiate.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Weatherford.

I received a "cold call" from a recruiter regarding the position. I had a phone interview on a Wednesday. The phone interview went well, so they scheduled me for an on-site interview two days later, on Friday. The actual interview process was quick and painless - it lasted about two hours. It consisted of a sit-down interview with two individuals, each in their own office. There was a perfunctory review of my resume; most of the time was taken up with general questions about my background, project management skills, accomplishments, etc., until I turned the conversation to the company and specific HR issues. Each interview chat concluded with a smile and a handshake and a definite feeling that the decision was already made in my favor. No indication that any other candidates were even in consideration. I received a call on Monday morning from the recruiter offering me the job.

Overall, the interview and hiring process were very well organized and it was a good experience. The recruiter and HR Generalist were extremely helpful and attentive.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was behavioral based. There were no off-the-wall or "gotcha" technical questions.   Answer Question

Wellsite Geoscience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Weatherford in October 2014.

I applied on September 22, 2014 and got a call to come in for interview on October 13, 2014. The Interview was scheduled the next day (October 14, 2014) that is 3 weeks after my application.
    My interviewer started by telling about himself and the department I will be working in if hired. Then he went on to describe the job responsibility to me and made clear that it is an entry position even though I have almost 4 years experience working in the upstream industry. However, he explained that I would have the opportunity to move up the ladder if made an offer and I accept. The interview was conservation like. I really enjoyed the interview. It was best interview in terms how it went and how comfortable he made me feel during the whole process. It was by far my best experience during an interview and I have done quite a lot of them.
    1. He asked me to tell him about my experience and what I have done before now.
    2. He asked if I have any question for him to which I responded by asking a question and he answered honestly and diligently.
    3. He asked me to tell him my greatest strength as a Geologist, and then followed that with asking that I tell him my greatest weakness also.
    4. What made you think that you are equal to the task involved in this job (Wellsite Geoscience Specialist Position)?
    5. He asked if I have PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) used on the rigs.
    6. What project have you done or been part of that prepares you with the skills needed to succeed in this role?
    7. He told me that the job involves 60% lab/office work and 40% Wellsite work, which he said is the worst case scenario, that in fact, it is more like 70% lab/office work and 30 Wellsite assignment.
    8. Why do you want to leave your current job for this one?
    9. Then he asked me if I have any further question.
    10. He told me to expect a call 3 weeks out for the outcome of the interview, then escorted me to the reception area and told me to wait for him to get his business card for me.
    11. The interview lasted for about 35 minutes
    12. After 23 days I called and they told me that the position has been filled. I was disappointed that they did not email to tell me about the outcome of the interview until I felt tired of waiting and gave them a call.

Interview Questions
    • I would not say there were unexpected or difficult questions. The questions were in line with what I expected and the interviewer made me feel relaxed.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Weatherford in September 2014.

Career Fair.
    It was an one on one interview. They said that they would interview for 2 sessions of 20 minutes each. One session by Drilling Optimization Specialist and the other by an MWD operations supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge you had to face in your research   View Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Weatherford.

Submitted resume and received request to come and interview. Did the whole panel interview and left with more questions than answers. Overall, it changed my mind about the company, and even had I received a firm offer, I would not have accepted. This company is just too far in transition - recovering from massive layoffs and hiring freezes, yet company still run like a mom-and-pop store. This place just doesn't know where it wants to go.

Interview Questions
    • Can you deal with no formalities-guidelines, etc   View Answer