Weatherford

Very Easy Interview

CNC Machinist Interview

CNC Machinist
Big Spring, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Weatherford in December 2013.

Interview Details – Fill-out application on website and submit resume.

Interview Question – No crazy unexpected questions. Just a warm interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't have any experience with the job and Weatherford is willing to train me. I thought that was enough, but they went above and beyond. They offered to get me a hotel for a month for my move, a sign on bonus, they are paying for all my PPE including boots, uniforms, and prescription safety-glasses; not to mention a wage much higher than most would pay. I couldn't be happier with Weatherford's negotiations!

Engineer Trainee Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Weatherford in December 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted an application in late October 2012, and got contacted for an interview in December 2012. The recruiter was slow in responding to emails about the position, but once she scheduled the interview, the process picked up some.

My interview was over Skype and it lasted 30 minutes. The questions ranged from my resume to getting water up a 7 story building. The interviewer spent sometime trying to get to know me better and understand why I would be a good fit.

Once the interview was completed, I received an offer in early January 2013. I was then placed in the training program for February 2013.

Interview Question – How to get water up a 7 story building and what you would use to calculate the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One offer was put on the table, and it was very reasonable. With the benefits included, I accepted within a day.

Technical Illustrator Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a VP and 3 Product Line Managers separately. Each asked about difference areas of my skills and competencies. It was a thorough interview that went very well.

Interview Question – I was asked to show different parts of a tool from a CAD drawing which I had no previous experience working with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was fresh out of college and did not negotiate.

Deployment Engineer I Interview

Deployment Engineer I
Katy, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Weatherford in August 2013.

Interview Details – Only went to one 2 hour long group/panel interview after passing a phone screen. First, with a current deployment engineer and a member of the development department. Then, with the manager I would be reporting to. My interviewers were insightful, professional, and sincere. I was asked about my undergraduate experience and involvement in recent projects. Got an offer 2 weeks later. The background check took almost 3 weeks.

Interview Question – If you were on vacation, enjoying the beach with your family, and a client calls that needs immediate emergency attention, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Salary offer was reasonable.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview Details – Very poor questioning by inexperienced individual

Negotiation Details – Easy

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Technical Sales Representative

Interviewed at Weatherford

Interview Details – Wasn't too complicated. Met with Hiring Manager and was asked several questions. Waited 3 weeks to hear that i wasn't going to be going on to next round.

Interview Question – How many barrels are pumped down well   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Weatherford in June 2012.

Interview Details – In house progression. Informal interview

Interview Question – It was a technical meeting.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – First offer always lower than should be

Very Easy Interview

Lab Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview Details – More interested in ability to be flexible and capabilities to learn rather than experience.

Interview Question – How are you going to change the Culture at Weatherford?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate and they did not budge.

Purchasing Position Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Weatherford in March 2013.

Interview Details – Fair interview. They asked me to talk about myself, my experience as it relates to the position, and where I see myself 3 years from now.

Interview Question – Make sure you know what is in your resume, because they may ask you to walk them through your resume.   Answer Question

Wireline Field Engineer Junior/Trainee Interview

Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Weatherford in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online via the company website. Phone screening/interview approximately 1 week later with a corporate HR rep. This consisted of some standard interview questions such as: Tell me about yourself; Why are you interested in this job?; What makes you a good candidate for this job?; Where do you see yourself in 5 years?. About 1 week later a local HR rep from the OKC office called to schedule an interview. Arrived 15 min early for interview. Probably waited for 15 min for the interviewer. Interviewer was the Business Unit Sales Manager. Shook hands with him and went with him to the break area to get a cup of coffee. Ran into an acquaintance from college while getting coffee. Went back to interviewers office he asked what I was looking for and he would tell me what he had available. Asked what I wanted to know about the position/company. At first seemed like he might be a tough interviewer. However, the interview overall was laid back and conversational, though direct and to the point in terms of what he was looking for. About 30 minutes into the interview an offer was made.

Interview Question – Tell me what you're looking for and I'll tell you what I've got.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. From research that I had done the offer was in line with what I was expecting. ~$60k to start + small sign-on bonus. Field bonus to start following completion of training (6-12 months) pushing salary to $75k-$85k range.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weatherford