Weatherford Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.6

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The process took too long. They had me come over to the corporate offices three times to interview with one person each time, these could have been done in one session. Wasted my time. The interviwers had no clue on how to conduct an effective interview. All three of them spent 50 min talking about their background and the company in a 60 min interview. After 3 weeks I haven't heard back from them. I consider this as lack of courtesy and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about your work experience? Oh by the way we have 10 min left.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was very easy. They ask you behavioural questions first and then they ask you about previouus experiences with supply chain management. Then, you go through multiple panel interviews when they ask you the typical: "tell me about a time when...." Also, you get to do a presentation for a couple of VPs of the area.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you optimized a process and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Interview

Quick and straight to point . Sat down and was interview by two members of the current staff. Asked standard interview questions. The process took about an hour . Questions mainly about previous position and how it relates to potential position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

Got a call about a week after applying online. Looked like it was going to be a smooth process, unfortunately it wasn't. Person on the other side of phone said I would get an interview at (location) and find out then and there if I got the offer. I drove 2 hours to (location) spoke with manager for 5min!!!! and he told me he would pass it along to ft. worth, apparently that's where they process field eng. He didn't even give me his card, claimed to have forgotten it, and told me to expect an email if i advance. I've called the lady who recruited me , and apparently she has no clue as to how to the process works for eng. So now I have no way of knowing the status of my application, and I guess I'm left to assume I didn't advance until I receive notification otherwise.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question . Wasn't an interview at all. Wait till they go to your college, or a career fair. Unless your applying for operator position.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

Interviewed for a contract software development position. Originally called by a recruiter for a short phone interview. A relatively brief technical interview (less than 20 minutes) over the phone by another contractor followed. Technical interview was very informal. Not many technical questions. On the next day, the recruiter called with an offer without any on-site interviews with regular employees or management.

Negotiation

Rate was competitive and I was between jobs, so I gave it a shot.

Junior Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckhannon, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford (Buckhannon, WV).

Interview

First was the phone interview. They asked easy questions such as what you know about the company, why do you wanna work here etc. Then was the face-to-face interview which was very laid back. Asked the easy questions again. was offered a position a week later. all this took like 3 weeks.

Repair and Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

My interview was very short. Weatherford in Casper, Wyoming tends to hire family members or close friends even if they are not qualified. The interview process was very unprofessional and short. My application and resume we're not even looked at. They had me do my application online during the interview and told me I was hired because they needed to hurry and fill spots.

Interview Questions

• There were no real difficult or unexpected questions. The interview process was very informal.   Answer Question

R&D Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weatherford in April 2014.

Interview

First interview - Was contacted by recruiter over the phone - Knowledge about Oil and Gas, and experience. Sencond Interview - one on one interview with three pepole and research presentation. questions mainly about technical, and behavioral assessment. Haven't heard anything back form weatherford even after one month, which is ridiculous.

Tech Writer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

The process involved three interviews and took over three weeks to complete. Was contacted by recruiter who found my resume on LinkedIn. First interview was over the phone. Questions centered around my knowledge of oil and gas services industry, documentation control knowledge, experience with different software and writing experience in general. Second interview was with three people from three different business units who mainly asked situational and behavior assessment stuff. Final interview I met more people and was asked about salary demands.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage simultaneous requests for help from different departments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They gave me more than what I asked for.

Technical Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

It is who you know more than what you know. One interview that was not in depth in any way

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations