Weatherford

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Weatherford in August 2012.

Interview Details – Called in for 1st and 2nd interview< Asked a list of questions How would you handle this situation? Asked if I felt over qualified? etc.

Negotiation Details – Inside recruiter asked what salary I required and said ok. Took three weeks - received an offer over the phone with confirmation in writing.

Product Sustainability Engineer Interview

Product Sustainability Engineer
Kingwood, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Weatherford in June 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with four people, but one at a time. One person was hardcore grilling me on technical questions. I haven't heard anything yet.

Interview Question – Very minute details of previous projects   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Odessa, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Weatherford in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had just one personal interview in which I gave details of my education background, projects carried out & previous job experience.

Interview Question – Which would you care more for, safety or production output ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation done.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Houston, TX

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Weatherford in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview short and concise. Set up a face to face interview. Discussed my experience level as well as what other skills I could offer in the postion.

Interview Question – What do you have to offer other than experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was given with fair salary. I did not attempt to negotiate.

Well Test Operator Interview

Well Test Operator
Alice, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Weatherford in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed in Alice TX by the District Manager, HR Representative, and Field Supervisor. It was very short and i was only asked a few questions. I was honest and i had no prior oil field experience. I was imediatly sent to a nearby clinic to give a urine sample and breathalizer test. A couple of weeks later i recieved a call and began my employment.

Interview Question – How do you feel about travel and being away from family for extended periods of time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were already standards in place for new hires

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Weatherford in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on their company website for one position, but was interviewed for a totally different one. This was ok but I was given no information regarding the new position at all. I found out what job it was in the interview. Well first HR called me asked if I was able to an interview "next week" and asked if I could be back in town. I was away and had moved away from Houston, they would not pay for my travel expenses back to houston (2200 miles away). Emails and questions beyond that call were not answered and were ignored. I made my way to houston thinking that I would get a good job and a good offer. I received an email the day before the interview was to take place of when and where.

In the interview I met with the manager and another engineer we spoke for some time with the standard questions being asked. The interview oddly took place late in the day and lasted for 3 hours. The interview ended in a tour of the facility.

I received an offer ~5 days later from HR with only 2 days to accept or decline.

Interview Question – Random questions concerning past experience. Nothing special.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was low considering the lack of bonuses, vacation, benefits etc and only allowed for 2 days before it expired. I declined and asked for a new offer due to the obviously low offer. There was no reply or anything to that email from HR. Then when the offer expired 2 days later the original HR hiring rep called me very angry that I refused the letter. He was very rude and blunt, he called every number but my mobile and everyone he spoke to told me "some rude guy called from weatherford". I then contacted him and stated my case about the low offer and said I was expecting a counter offer, he then agreed to go back and talk about the offer. He said that he would contact me either way concerning the offer, he did not reply again. He was very snappy and upset.

The main reason I turned down the offer was because lack of communication from HR. If I was given an offer and no emails or calls were returned with my questions, what am I to expect from a company HR if I am to work there. I did not trust HR at all they were very distant and rude. Although the manager that interviewed me was great.

Any company that will not negotiate or at least admit they will not, is not a company worth working for. I was not some new graduate looking for a job that would accept the first bone placed infront of me.

Sales Support Interview

Sales Support
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Weatherford in October 2010.

Interview Details – My candidature was suitbale for the requirement however budget, management and HR processes took too long for the finalizaion.

Interview Question – Are you willing to relocate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, I could not negotiate, the rules were too stringent and not in the preview of the hiring manager.

Very Easy Interview

Lwd Field Engineer Interview

Lwd Field Engineer
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Weatherford in March 2010.

Interview Details – Most of the interview centers around making sure you know what you are getting into. You are going to be away from home for months at a time, dealing one on one with the client, whom is paying thousands of dollars a day for your services, and one screw up can cost both Weatherford and the customer hundreds of thousands of dollars, which creates lots of stress.

The basic job functions where also explained.

Interview Questions

• What was your senior project?   Answer Question
  • Can you be away from home for months on end, and are you willing to relocate possibly to other countries?   Answer Question

Logging Specialist Interview

Logging Specialist
Pearland, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Weatherford in September 2010.

Interview Details – I met the manager at a WFT recruitment event and he picked an interest in my Resume and thought i would be a fit for his team, then a HR team member called me and ask me some questions and subsequently i was invited for an Interview at their base, After the interview i was told i did well and an offer was made which, i declined because the packed that was been offered did not meet my minimum requirements.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The job role i was offered did not match my interest and qualifications at the time.

Design Engineer I Interview

Design Engineer I
Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Weatherford in July 2010.

Interview Details – Phone call to setup interview. then a 1 on 1 interview with the manager and was passed on to other various people, one of whom wasn't there. concluded with a tour. 1 on 1 interviews consisted of general and hated tell me about yourself questions and various projects done you have done in the past explinations.

Interview Question – Tell me abut yourself   View Answer