Weatherford Laboratories Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weatherford Laboratories

Geoscientist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weatherford Laboratories in January 2012.

Interview

Went in for interview. Everyone seemed polite and deticated to their work. Have yet to recieve a call back however.

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford Laboratories (Houston, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

I Will start out by saying this is not a bad place to work but, I was not happy there more than i was happy about 60/40. the interview at the time i was hired was done by the manager and his assistant not a professional interviewer which is a plus( no trick questions) . The interview was rather simple, be honest and straight forward because the manager gets bored in a conversation quickly. They dot seem to mind hiring people without experience.

Interview Questions

• A few questions to expect: Why do you want to work here? Why did you leave your other job? Are you willing to travel. Are you willing to work more than 150 days away from home?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating because i had no experience in this particular part of the oil and gas business.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford Laboratories (Golden, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very disorganized. The company didn't know I was arriving for the interview, scrambled to find someone who could properly interview me, and then waited until the company was bought out to offer me a position in order to avoid paying a new employee the buyout check. I was offered far less than standard pay with no explanation as to duties or future career development possibilities.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected came up in the interview. It seemed like a bullet point list of questions taken directly from ''Interviewing for Dummies''.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate, but I would recommend that anyone considering a position here do so. Counteroffer with at least 20% higher than their initial offer.

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford Laboratories (Houston, TX).

Interview

Two interviews, the first was a behavior interview going over my resume and a laboratory tour. The later involved an interview with higher management.

Core Evaluation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Weatherford Laboratories (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Straight forward interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. Basically sounded like they googled interview questions and when down the list. Only negative was that it was about 2 months between the first interview and the second interview. Then about 2-3 more weeks before given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Weatherford? Why would I hire you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question