Weatherford

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Weatherford in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied on their company website for one position, but was interviewed for a totally different one. This was ok but I was given no information regarding the new position at all. I found out what job it was in the interview. Well first HR called me asked if I was able to an interview "next week" and asked if I could be back in town. I was away and had moved away from Houston, they would not pay for my travel expenses back to houston (2200 miles away). Emails and questions beyond that call were not answered and were ignored. I made my way to houston thinking that I would get a good job and a good offer. I received an email the day before the interview was to take place of when and where.

In the interview I met with the manager and another engineer we spoke for some time with the standard questions being asked. The interview oddly took place late in the day and lasted for 3 hours. The interview ended in a tour of the facility.

I received an offer ~5 days later from HR with only 2 days to accept or decline.

Interview Question – Random questions concerning past experience. Nothing special.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was low considering the lack of bonuses, vacation, benefits etc and only allowed for 2 days before it expired. I declined and asked for a new offer due to the obviously low offer. There was no reply or anything to that email from HR. Then when the offer expired 2 days later the original HR hiring rep called me very angry that I refused the letter. He was very rude and blunt, he called every number but my mobile and everyone he spoke to told me "some rude guy called from weatherford". I then contacted him and stated my case about the low offer and said I was expecting a counter offer, he then agreed to go back and talk about the offer. He said that he would contact me either way concerning the offer, he did not reply again. He was very snappy and upset.

The main reason I turned down the offer was because lack of communication from HR. If I was given an offer and no emails or calls were returned with my questions, what am I to expect from a company HR if I am to work there. I did not trust HR at all they were very distant and rude. Although the manager that interviewed me was great.

Any company that will not negotiate or at least admit they will not, is not a company worth working for. I was not some new graduate looking for a job that would accept the first bone placed infront of me.

Worked for Weatherford? Contribute to the Community!