Weaver Interview Questions

2.6

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Weaver.

I was contacted through campus recruiting. The interview was very down to earth and rather straight forward

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Weaver.

They usually do two interviews. The second interview is in-office and you meet with 3 or 4 Weaver associates/managers/partners. Everyone is very nice and they even give you lunch afterwards. However, compared to other firms, the pay is lower (around 50k coming out of college) and the benefits are not that great. (no PPO health insurance) But I do hear that the work-life balance is much better at Weaver compared to other firms so it really depends on what you are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are you weaknesses? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

The pay was low and the health benefits are not good.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weaver in April 2013.

I submitted a resume through my school's job portal, and did about a thirty minute interview, including questions I asked the recruiter. The recruiter was fairly laid back and personable. Although I didn't get an offer, the interview process was not uncomfortable. It was about a month from the time I submitted my resume until the actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard -- "How do you think the skills you've developed will contribute to your success at Weaver?", etc. Basically, they want to know how well you will fit in with the culture (which my recruiter called a "good old boy's network," although that means different things to different people), and how you can contribute to the firm.   Answer Question

Senior Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Weaver in August 2011.

Standard phone screen by HR
    Morning interview with manager and partner
    Heard from HR next day with an offer

Interview Questions
    • Explain why some industries may have negative working capital   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Weaver in April 2011.

Applied through campus recruiting.
    Pre-interview dinner was nice and casual. They were really friendly people.
    On campus interviews were simple one on one interviews. Mine was with a partner.

Office visit was a few weeks later.
    There were presentations about the company and office tour.
    1:1 interviews with about 3-4 professionals: some managers, some partners.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interviews were just walking through resume and discussing experience.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Weaver in April 2010.

Weaver contacted me after meeting them at a job fair. Everything was fairly routine. I was flown to Dallas to interview. The questions were normal and consisted of "What do you know about Tax Accounting?". Then at the end they had a trick question, "How many ridges are on a quarter?". Most everyone knows the answer is I have know idea. I was flown home and then contacted a few different times, then received an offer, but declined to a better offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Weaver in March 2010.

Very nice and easy to get along with. They were encouraging and none of the questions were too difficult

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Weaver in November 2008.

The interview was a series of one-on-one discussions. I first talked with the recruiter to answer some general interest question. Then I met with a senior staff member and a senior manager. We discussed how they were expanding in various locations and how their firm was a more relaxed alternative to the Big Four.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think makes you stand out the most among your peers?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Weaver in October 2008.

Contacted by recruiter and interviewed by three managers and one partner. Interview was more on fit basis and future aspirations.