Weaver

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Weaver.

Interview Details – I was contacted through campus recruiting. The interview was very down to earth and rather straight forward

Interview Question – just questions about my resume   Answer Question

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Weaver.

Interview Details – They usually do two interviews. The second interview is in-office and you meet with 3 or 4 Weaver associates/managers/partners. Everyone is very nice and they even give you lunch afterwards. However, compared to other firms, the pay is lower (around 50k coming out of college) and the benefits are not that great. (no PPO health insurance) But I do hear that the work-life balance is much better at Weaver compared to other firms so it really depends on what you are looking for.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are you weaknesses? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was low and the health benefits are not good.

Audit Intern Interview

Audit Intern
San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weaver in April 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume through my school's job portal, and did about a thirty minute interview, including questions I asked the recruiter. The recruiter was fairly laid back and personable. Although I didn't get an offer, the interview process was not uncomfortable. It was about a month from the time I submitted my resume until the actual interview.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard -- "How do you think the skills you've developed will contribute to your success at Weaver?", etc. Basically, they want to know how well you will fit in with the culture (which my recruiter called a "good old boy's network," although that means different things to different people), and how you can contribute to the firm.   Answer Question

Senior Associate I Interview

Senior Associate I
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Weaver in August 2011.

Interview Details – Standard phone screen by HR
Morning interview with manager and partner
Heard from HR next day with an offer

Interview Question – Explain why some industries may have negative working capital   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Weaver in April 2010.

Interview Details – Weaver contacted me after meeting them at a job fair. Everything was fairly routine. I was flown to Dallas to interview. The questions were normal and consisted of "What do you know about Tax Accounting?". Then at the end they had a trick question, "How many ridges are on a quarter?". Most everyone knows the answer is I have know idea. I was flown home and then contacted a few different times, then received an offer, but declined to a better offer.

Interview Question – How many ridges are on a quarter?   View Answers (2)

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Weaver in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting.
Pre-interview dinner was nice and casual. They were really friendly people.
On campus interviews were simple one on one interviews. Mine was with a partner.

Office visit was a few weeks later.
There were presentations about the company and office tour.
1:1 interviews with about 3-4 professionals: some managers, some partners.

Interview Question – Most of the interviews were just walking through resume and discussing experience.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Weaver in November 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was a series of one-on-one discussions. I first talked with the recruiter to answer some general interest question. Then I met with a senior staff member and a senior manager. We discussed how they were expanding in various locations and how their firm was a more relaxed alternative to the Big Four.

Interview Question – What do you think makes you stand out the most among your peers?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Weaver in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very nice and easy to get along with. They were encouraging and none of the questions were too difficult

Interview Questions

Audit Interview

Audit
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Weaver in October 2008.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter and interviewed by three managers and one partner. Interview was more on fit basis and future aspirations.

Interview Question – Why this company   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Weaver? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weaver interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Weaver employees and interview candidates.