Weaver Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weaver

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weaver (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website and got from their HR department on next day. Some behavioral questions and scheduled on next day. It took only three to four day to make a schedule for phone interview and on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What specific job did you do at last company? Specific skill of Tax program.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weaver (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Standard college recruiting process. On campus interview first, then office visit. On campus interview was pretty normal. Personality questions. There were no interviews during the office visit. After the tour of the office, they took about 30 of us to Main Event and then called 2 days later with the offer. It was a really fun process and I got to meet a lot of people from the audit and tax teams

Interview Questions

• Why accounting? Why audit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weaver (Midland, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I gave my resume to Weaver at our university job fair in September an email about 4 weeks later for scheduling a phone interview. I conducted a phone interview which was really simple. The questions were mostly about my future plans, when I plan to graduate,and when I plan to sit for the CPA exam. It didn't even really feel like a screening/interview she talked to me like I was one of her besties. She told me I would hear something within a week of the call regarding an in office interview, unfortunately I didn't hear back from Weaver until about 2 and a half weeks later. I ended up calling Weaver and they informed me that they would like to schedule me for an office interview. After I called them they were very proactive on making sure I was taken care of. The in office interview was interesting, I was supposed to interview with 3 different individuals but ended up being interviewed by associate managers. They asked me just questions about my resume and future plans once again, nothing out of the ordinary. I wasn't sure if I was going to get an offer since one of my friends that had interviewed there earlier that day knew one of the partners, but thankfully they offered me the internship . I'm set to start my internship spring of 2015. It would be nice to intern at a Big 4 firm but I live in the Permian Basin and they are the largest firm here by far, so I'm excited for the opportunity. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and hospitality at the firm. I hope this helps whoever is reading this.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any difficult questions. My friends was asked questions about financial accounting and tax. I have a fairly decent solid resume with 2 other internships at leading companies in the energy industry, so I'm guessing that might be why I wasn't asked those questions. That's my guess.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weaver.

Interview

I was contacted through campus recruiting. The interview was very down to earth and rather straight forward

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Weaver.

Interview

They usually do two interviews. The second interview is in-office and you meet with 3 or 4 Weaver associates/managers/partners. Everyone is very nice and they even give you lunch afterwards. However, compared to other firms, the pay is lower (around 50k coming out of college) and the benefits are not that great. (no PPO health insurance) But I do hear that the work-life balance is much better at Weaver compared to other firms so it really depends on what you are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are you weaknesses? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

The pay was low and the health benefits are not good.

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weaver (San Antonio, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted a resume through my school's job portal, and did about a thirty minute interview, including questions I asked the recruiter. The recruiter was fairly laid back and personable. Although I didn't get an offer, the interview process was not uncomfortable. It was about a month from the time I submitted my resume until the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard -- "How do you think the skills you've developed will contribute to your success at Weaver?", etc. Basically, they want to know how well you will fit in with the culture (which my recruiter called a "good old boy's network," although that means different things to different people), and how you can contribute to the firm.   Answer Question

Senior Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Weaver (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Standard phone screen by HR Morning interview with manager and partner Heard from HR next day with an offer

Interview Questions

• Explain why some industries may have negative working capital   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weaver (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Pre-interview dinner was nice and casual. They were really friendly people. On campus interviews were simple one on one interviews. Mine was with a partner. Office visit was a few weeks later. There were presentations about the company and office tour. 1:1 interviews with about 3-4 professionals: some managers, some partners.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interviews were just walking through resume and discussing experience.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weaver (Dallas, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Weaver contacted me after meeting them at a job fair. Everything was fairly routine. I was flown to Dallas to interview. The questions were normal and consisted of "What do you know about Tax Accounting?". Then at the end they had a trick question, "How many ridges are on a quarter?". Most everyone knows the answer is I have know idea. I was flown home and then contacted a few different times, then received an offer, but declined to a better offer.

Interview Questions

• How many ridges are on a quarter?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weaver (San Antonio, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Very nice and easy to get along with. They were encouraging and none of the questions were too difficult