Web.com Inc

Relevance Date Difficulty

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter
Jacksonville, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Web.com Inc in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied various times to the particular position. Finally, weeks later, I got a phone call for an interview. It was scheduled accordingly and I arrived 5 minutes prior. The application was done online originally and then the front desk advised me I had to fill out another application. For a web consultation company, you would think they would already have the application in hand after filling it out online, but it was not the case. So I sat there filling out redundant information. After completion I then had to complete a questionnaire, which took another 15 to 20 minutes. I then had an interview with two individuals. One was quiet mostly, and the other seemed nervous. I'm not sure what that was entirely all about. We went through generic questions: "Why should we hire you?" What makes you a good fit..." Well after the interview was complete, I was given a card, and told HR would be in touch. I gave it two days and called and left a message. I waited to no avail and made another call and left a voicemail. Again, no call returned. I did this for approximately several days until I decided that a company with redundancies and the inability of the HR department to contact an interviewee about an offer or denial isn't the place I'd like to work. Especially considering the position is set up like an assembly line offering a peculiar pay structure.

To this day, I still haven't received a call or email stating the generic information about not being offered a position. Good thing I never held my breath. Essentially, the interview wasn't the problem. It was the company and HR specifically.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question

Worked for Web.com Inc? Contribute to the Community!