WebMD Health

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I went in for my first interview and met with the manager and her supervisor. The interview went well and I was contacted by HR the next day and asked to come in again. I went in and met with 4 more people. I felt confident with the interview and was told that I should be hearing back within the next week or two and that I was a strong candidate. I followed up a week later and was told that they were still on the first round of candidates but I should hear back within a week. I followed up again about a week and a half later and never heard back, so I tried one more time a week after that and never heard back again... Everyone asked the same questions: Why are you interested in the position, how do you keep yourself organized, etc.

Technical Product Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WebMD Health.

Applied online. Got a reply in 2 days and scheduled a phone conversation. Spoke with the recruiter, but I did not think she had much of technical knowledge except she knew about tech keywords. A month later, another recruiter contacted me and I went over my experience again over the phone. Again, I did not think the new recruiter was from technical background. He was telling me the names of software and if I have experience with these tools. For example, technical management does not need to be proficient in photoshop. It could be any basic edit tools, but he was kept asking me about exact names of software rather than the actual skills. I felt uncomfortable telling him that these software products are not important.

Did not hear back from anyone after a month. WebMD should invest into hiring great Technical Recruiters. Otherwise, all experienced managers would not get through the HR screening. I interview many candidates at my current job to build my team, and asking these stupid questions showed how tech-driven this company is.

Interview Questions
    • Was never asked about software development process. They cared about photoshop, illustrator, and balsamiq.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at WebMD Health.

Recruiter emailed me to set up interview, put salary range in there etc. The interview itself was with 4 people, one at a time, a senior editor, editorial manager, a director and one other person

Interview Questions
    • Straightforward interview; not many questions on editing which surprised me. More on strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work here; etc. I felt I was repeating myself because a lot of them asked the same questions. Seemed more like they were trying to get a feel of me rather than caring what I said.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Met with nine people in two hours. Most interviewers were extremely young, energetic, and book smart... but with zero experience. Lots of tech tests and BS logic questions.

Not a pleasant time.

Health Educator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WebMD Health in July 2014.

I filled out an application online and received a call from a WebMD employee about a week later.

I then scheduled a phone interview with a departmental supervisor. The interview included basic questions (Why WebMD? What experience do you have? Why health education? Can you work in a call center environment?). At the end of the call, my interviewer said she would follow up shortly.

A few days later, I received an email from my initial interviewer to set up an interview with a higher up. Apparently, this second interview is usually on site, but since I am relatively far from Indianapolis, I was reassured that a second phone interview would be sufficient.

My second interview contained most of the same questions I had in the first interview; it was actually shorter than my initial interview, despite me asking my interviewer as many questions as I could. My second interviewer told me she would follow up with me within two weeks.

Two weeks passed by so I waited about a week more before following up with my initial interviewer by email. She replied more than a week later, telling me that WebMD was still conducting interviews and I would hear "in a week or so". It has been 5 weeks since that email and I haven't heard back.

The interviews were easy and very pleasant, but waiting to hear back from them has been a nightmare.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. If applying for a Health Educator position, I would try and have some examples of health education classes or programs you planned.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WebMD Health in June 2014.

I submitted my application and received an email for a phone interview after one month of my submission. We scheduled the date and the hiring person asked me to call him.

Interview Questions
    • Not sure why they called me because the hiring manager told me that my skill set is not relevant to what they are looking for for the position. I think that the hiring manager didn't read my resume but emailed me.   Answer Question

Director of Strategic Accounts Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at WebMD Health.

Standard Sales interview process. Met manager and VP of Sales. Took a few weeks to get through it all.

Interview Questions
    • I was pressed on Brand Team relationships. Naturally it was very important to the role.   Answer Question
    Yes. Make sure everyone is happy with the outcome.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at WebMD Health.

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter and then a follow up interview with the hiring manager. The Interview seemed to go really well but I followed up with the hiring manager and never heard anything back via e-mail.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews were both very casual and conversations.   Answer Question

Sales Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at WebMD Health.

Was referred by a friend who worked at WebMD. Submitted a form online and was then contacted by one of WebMD's recruiters. Set up my first interview with 3 people. I did not hear back for 2 months and was then contacted by the recruiter again for another interview. Had one phone interview, was called in to meet with 2 more people, and then had another phone interview. I met with a total of 6 people before I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty straight forward. The only question I thought was difficult was "where do you see yourself in 5 years"   Answer Question
    Negotiated with recruiter and was offered what i was asking for

I applied online – interviewed at WebMD Health.

Interview went amazing. Probably best interview I've had. I was asked to come back twice, was even given an verbal offer (for whatever that's worth). I waited and heard nothing. I reached out and they eventually wrote back saying they went with someone with professional pharma experience. Fine. They ended up recommending me for another job on the consumer side of the business. Great! When does that happen? So, I came back for a third time. A woman that interviewed me was literally checking her phone while I was speaking to her. How rude! I left the interview not feeling great, but heard nothing for weeks. I followed up multiple times and NO ONE got back to me. Super unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • normal questions. really just concerned about what I was doing at my current job and if I was experienced enough.   Answer Question