WebMD Health Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WebMD Health in February 2008.

Interview process:
    I was contacted by a recruiter who set up the initial phone screen interview a manager.
    The manager asked me a series of questions about my work experience. Passing that phase I was invited in for a half day long session of interviews. I was passed throughout the office meeting 1:1 with 2 different peers, 3 other group managers. The line of questioning was informal, basically asking general questions about my experience.

People, office and work culture:
    The main work area was an open collaboration cubicle environment. Only top management had offices. There didn’t appear to be any cultural diversity in the upper level professional/management positions. I respectfully sent thank you letters to all. But overall, I got the feeling that people were not overly excited about their jobs, seemed to be very busy and they were stressed out. They didn’t follow-up with a yea or nay regarding the status of my interview either, not cool after spending so much time of my day interviewing there.

Interview Questions
    • The basic...tell me about a time when you got push back from a stakeholder i.e. stakeholder wanted something that you were not able to do and how did you stand your ground or negotiate a resolution?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at WebMD Health in April 2009.

had a short 25 minutes interview mostly about things on my resume and HR type questions. got offered a position 3-4 days later.

Interview Questions
    • General question about background and stuff on my resume   Answer Question

Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at WebMD Health in January 2008.

Met with four different people one on one. I was kinda expected to 'carry' the interview for some of them. One didnt really act 'qualified' for her own job.

Interview Questions
    • Not a behavioral interview - mainly just went over my past experience.   Answer Question
    Non-existent

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took 1 week - interviewed at WebMD Health in April 2010.

I had two one-on-one non-technical interviews, which went well. I then had two two-on-one interviews. The first was technical. It was somewhat difficult, but reasonable. The second interview was I guess meant to try to understand my architecture methodology, but was done in such a way that they kept asking general questions that weren't actually answerable, and not giving any feedback on what they were getting at. It was the first time I remember feeling that the interviewers faield the interview process. Not only did I not get the job, they never got back with me.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WebMD Health in August 2008.

It started with a phone interview with HR. The folks were very nice and willing to listen. although I did not get the job, it definitely seems like a great place to work at.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were challenged by a difficult client and or colleague. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Email Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at WebMD Health in January 2010.

I was interviewing for an email production position. I have over five years experience coding, building and deploying emails. The job looked like a perfect fit. The first step was a phone interview, which went very well. Then they asked me to come into their office where I would be meeting with two people and then take a skills test. (html). I asked the HR rep several times what the test would consist of exactly so I could be prepared. She didn't know.

When I arrived at the interview things were going very well. It seemed like a perfect fit. Then came the skills test. They asked me to replicate a jpg and code a page completely from scratch AND from memory. I had to do this on a blank notepad file. No resources, no templates - Nada. Now like I've mentioned. I have been coding emails for five years but this was ridiculous. I know html very well but I DON"T HAVE IT MEMORIZED. Anyone who could code like that would not be an email marketer, they would be building websites. To be sure I asked several colleagues if they could have done this and they all agreed they couldn't. The one colleague who could was a java script developer and he thought it was ridiculous to expect an email coder to do this.

Even still I was able to replicate the jpg somewhat but could not refine it because - well I don't have code memorized. A few days later I got an email from the hiring manager telling me that I didn't get the job because I blew the test.

Anyone they hired would either 1) be an excellent coder but have no knowledge of email marketing 2) quickly get bored because - well coding emails is just not that exciting. Sure enough a few months later the job was posted again AND i was getting phone calls from head hunters about the position.

I guess that "ace coder" that they hired didn't work out.

Aside from this - they were very nice and cordial. I just thought it was very rude to put me on the spot like that with no warning. They could have sent me the jpg in advance and said "you will have to code this from memory" then I would have been prepared.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WebMD Health in March 2008.

The process at WebMD is very corporate. An HR rep will contact you and do a basic phone screening. If you pass muster, you will interview with the hiring manager. If you are being seriously considered for the job, they will request references and other materials relevant to the position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were standard and all relevant to the position.   Answer Question
    I was able to get them to up their offer, but only by about 5%. They have little room to add in other perks like continuing education and extra vacation time, which was disappointing. But the salary was within my range, once I got them to up it.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at WebMD Health in September 2009.

This was a very positive experience though it did not result in an offer. The job was posted on LinkedIn and I was contacted within days of submitting my resume. The recruiter was great and the interviewers were clear about the job description and their criteria for the position. There were hundreds of applicants for one job -- I made it as far as five interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions, they just wanted to ascertain that my experience was strong and that I understood the corporation, its busines model, the industry and the specific goals of the position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at WebMD Health in January 2010.

Half hour initial call, then an in person interview with 3 people, and a skills test.
    Met first with 2 other people on the tech team, that went very well, but then met with the
    Director of the group, and was asked to describe I program that I'd written. I found it
    very difficult to picture the program in my head or remember lines of code, and couldn't
    articulate it clearly. I usually get specific technical questions, and find that much more
    relevant. I was asked one technical question, but it was more of a theoretical nature and
    not something you'd use everyday, so didn't do well on that either.
    The skills test was good, but seemed very hastily put together, there were duplicates among
    the answer selections, and the answers for some questions while correct, were something
    that you'd never do in real practice, so it wasn't clear what they were really looking for.
    The office was very nice, though there was a lack of meeting space, I don't know if the Director
    even had an office since we had to meet in an open area. The people were extremely nice
    and informal, would have been a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Perl Question: What is an anonymous Hash?   View Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WebMD Health in April 2009.

Inital phone interview with some programming puzzle kind of questions. Then Onsite interview with 4 people, each with a diffrent style. One IQ challenge puzzle, one behavioral, one technical, one "boss"/management interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the chance that two dogs have the same number of hairs.   View Answer
    I asked for 90k, they gave it to me. Personaly I think I got the skills to back that up so seemed reasonable.