WebMD Health

WebMD Health Interview Questions in Portland, OR

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WebMD Health in March 2012.

The initial communications were very professional. The process was actually quite easy going with a phone interview with the hiring manager and prospective teammate. The second interview was in person and consisted of mostly questions related to my background, types of projects and products implemented previously, and and my detailed skill sets that would prove beneficial in supporting the product they were developing. It was one of the easiest interview processes in comparison to most organizations. However, my resume is very detailed, I provide detailed projects/product work samples from past organizations I worked for, and a long list of accomplishments that outlines everything any prospective employer would need to know about my experience. I felt very comfortable throughout the process and the folks I met with were very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Very nice and positive group of people.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of any gotchya questions. They were very down to earth and it was a discussion versus an inquisition.   View Answer

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a weekinterviewed at WebMD Health in April 2010.

I had two one-on-one non-technical interviews, which went well. I then had two two-on-one interviews. The first was technical. It was somewhat difficult, but reasonable. The second interview was I guess meant to try to understand my architecture methodology, but was done in such a way that they kept asking general questions that weren't actually answerable, and not giving any feedback on what they were getting at. It was the first time I remember feeling that the interviewers faield the interview process. Not only did I not get the job, they never got back with me.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at WebMD Health in February 2010.

I had at least 7 interviews. A very long, drawn out, inefficient process. I was asked some illegal questions such as could I travel or did I have kids that made it so I could not travel easily.

There is room for negotiation here, especially now as they have lost so many people.

Entry-Level Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at WebMD Health in April 2009.

1) They verify that your resume is a close match to the skills and experiences to the available positions.
    2) They schedule a phone interview if they deem your resume worth pursuing.
    3) The phone interview lasts approximately 45 minutes.
    4) They follow up with an invitation for a personal interview (or politely tell you they will keep your resume on file)
    5) The face2face interview lasts 2.5 hours

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you fit this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about.... [items on your resume]?   Answer Question
    • They ask you to figure out what this method does:

public void search(String[] arr; String term)
      {

}

And then ask you to complete the method with appropriate code by hand.

Answer Question
    • As you what this SQL statement does:

Select * From p.users Inner Join a.addresses Order By p.lastname

View Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WebMD Health in April 2009.

Inital phone interview with some programming puzzle kind of questions. Then Onsite interview with 4 people, each with a diffrent style. One IQ challenge puzzle, one behavioral, one technical, one "boss"/management interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the chance that two dogs have the same number of hairs.   View Answer
    I asked for 90k, they gave it to me. Personaly I think I got the skills to back that up so seemed reasonable.