WebMD Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at WebMD Health in January 2010.

Interview Details – Half hour initial call, then an in person interview with 3 people, and a skills test.
Met first with 2 other people on the tech team, that went very well, but then met with the
Director of the group, and was asked to describe I program that I'd written. I found it
very difficult to picture the program in my head or remember lines of code, and couldn't
articulate it clearly. I usually get specific technical questions, and find that much more
relevant. I was asked one technical question, but it was more of a theoretical nature and
not something you'd use everyday, so didn't do well on that either.
The skills test was good, but seemed very hastily put together, there were duplicates among
the answer selections, and the answers for some questions while correct, were something
that you'd never do in real practice, so it wasn't clear what they were really looking for.
The office was very nice, though there was a lack of meeting space, I don't know if the Director
even had an office since we had to meet in an open area. The people were extremely nice
and informal, would have been a great place to work.

Interview Question – Perl Question: What is an anonymous Hash?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WebMD Health in April 2009.

Interview Details – Inital phone interview with some programming puzzle kind of questions. Then Onsite interview with 4 people, each with a diffrent style. One IQ challenge puzzle, one behavioral, one technical, one "boss"/management interview.

Interview Question – What is the chance that two dogs have the same number of hairs.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for 90k, they gave it to me. Personaly I think I got the skills to back that up so seemed reasonable.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at WebMD Health

Worked for WebMD Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WebMD Health Software Engineer III interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by WebMD Health employees and interview candidates.