Webcor Builders Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Webcor Builders in February 2014.

Basic interview questions. I thought I did well in the interview, but was not offered a job. The interview process was straightforward. It was a half hour interview with 1 interviewer. The question were not too difficult. I don't know why I wasn't offered a position, but I plan to apply for a Webcor job in the future.

Project Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Webcor Builders.

Interviewed with HR, Hiring PM and head of project assistants.

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Webcor Builders in March 2014.

Talked to representative at career fair, gave them my resume and their policy was that they would be in contact with me in a couple of week if they were interested. Several weeks later, got a couple missed calls from an unknown number. They had left no voicemails, so I called back and got the front desk of Webcor and explained my situation and just had her connect me to whoever I might have talked to at the career fair. Was able to figure it out and they had wanted to schedule an interview. Went in to meet with the head of the Alameda branch and had an hour long interview. It was pretty informal, he looked over my resume and asked me about some of the things. He then asked about my capabilities for doing a good job and being tenacious and persistent in getting things done. He told me that I should email him the contact info of my references, that they would check with them and also send me background check information. I sent him the info that night. Didn't hear anything until 3.5 weeks later I got an email with a job offer to be a project engineer at the San Francisco office w a salary of 67,000 / year.

Interview Questions
    • No formal questions. Things were posed as "people who do well at this job are tenacious, can you be tenacious?".   View Answer
    I actually haven't gone through the negotiation phase, I haven't actually accepted it yet, just got the offer today.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Webcor Builders.

i applied online and the process took about 4-5 weeks. first, i got phone interview with HR, then followed by a couple of in-person interviews with 2 separate project managers. then, i got a call from a VP for an informal phone interview and a job offer. the official offer letter came the next day.

they offered equitably.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Webcor Builders.

I met and spoke to my interviewers first at a University career fair. I was then contacted by their office to set up an interview. The interview took place at their Alameda, CA office and was held with 2 employees. They were very friendly and sharp.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward, and the interviewers were very friendly, although they did seem to delve into my previous experience a bit deeper than on other interviews I have been on.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Webcor Builders.

Interviewed at school and got the job two hours later.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Webcor Builders in May 2012.

I applied for a position as an Executive Assistant and had a phone interview with a recruiter. She spent a good amount of time going over my background and she recommended that Executive Assistant was not the position that I should seek. She kept my resume on file for future opportunities that may better fit my skill set. Two weeks later I received a phone call from a recruiter who had a Project Assistant position open up, and she said that the original recruiter had forwarded my info to her.
    I interviewed the next afternoon, it was a one on one setting and felt very casual and open. I had the opportunity to speak honestly and openly about my background, my future aspirations, and what job I was capable of doing and where I wanted to go with it. The recruiter was very friendly and encouraging and she demonstrated that the company has a desire to recruit positive, skilled people who want the opportunity to excel and to grow within a company.
    There were no specific, formal questions. She went through my resume and we spoke about my previous experience, then she went through the requirements of the position and discussed whether I met the qualifications.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation did not happen. The interviewer was very direct about what she was able to offer, but went into detail about the salaried compensation package and the promotion possibilities that the company offers.

MEP Superintendent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Webcor Builders in June 2010.

Discussed past employment with Operations manager on phone. He later called to set up appointment to meet with his team. Met with his team and discussed past experience and what the project entailed. Agreed to call me within a week to confirm if I would be given an offer. My salary expectations were discussed before I left. I finally got the call and was told I was not quite what they were lookng for.

Interview Questions
    • What do think your role in safety is?   View Answer
    • What will you do about quality control for the MEP's   View Answer

Worked for Webcor Builders? Contribute to the Community!