Weber Shandwick Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2014

2.8

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in March 2014.

I applied for a summer internship by getting in contact with human resources. From there I was given a phone interview by an HR person which was very informal and was more like a conversation, but obviously still evaluative. A few weeks later I received an email saying I had gotten the internship. The next part in the process was going into the actual office and having in-person interviews with several different teams that I had expressed interest in so they could see where to put me within the agency. A week later I was placed in my sector of the agency.

Interview Questions
    • Two examples of situations where I overcame one of my flaws.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in April 2014.

Upon submitting my resume, I was contacted for a brief phone interview with the Director of Recruiting, and then scheduled for an in-person interview. I first met with the recruiter (same one from the phone) and went over basic questions. Afterwards I met with four others (an AAE, VP, Group Manager and Account Supervisor). I was there from 11am-1pm. Everyone was great and they made me feel at ease. They asked basic interview questions - no curve balls. There were a number of other applicants, which is why I think the process took a while. I received the writing test after almost four weeks and was offered the position the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Initial interview with director of practice area for the state followed by 5 conversations with people at all levels in the office where the position was. I got in the door through an employee referral after an informational interview. There are a lot of interviews in the process. They want you talk to everyone you will work with.

Interview Questions
    Recruiter will introduce salary conversation after first interviews and ask what you expect to earn. Go in with the knowledge of what people at your level and in your specific office make, so you can point to something in negotiations.

Public Relations Intern - Social Media Impact Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in May 2014.

It was one phone call, which I was a little awkward with. The interviewer promptly got back to me by the next day, declining me for the position. She was talking to me in a phone booth with weird acoustics, and I had my low-reception cell phone, which started the whole thing off on a strange note.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me what sort of leadership I've exhibited in my professional career, which I had a hard time answering. She also asked if I'd done any research that I could show off, and though I had done much of it in college, I drew an almost complete blank.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in May 2014.

Started with an interview with 4 different people and then a follow up phone interview with one of the VP's on the team I was applying to. All went exceptionally well and I left feeling positive about the experience. They all went over my background and work history as well as what they are looking for in candidates and for the position. They asked your "standard fair" of interview questions, nothing too tricky, "what are your strengths/weaknesses" etc. The phone interview was a little more in-depth and he asked some tougher questions but I hung up the phone feeling as if it had gone well. Got a tip that I might be a finalist for the position from someone I know who works at the firm but didn't hear anything back from anyone there for over a week.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three most important things that make a successful PR/communications campaign?   Answer Question

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Very nice people. Applied online. HR sent me an email and I had two interviews. They asked basic questions about past experiences and it was very friendly. I met with four people and they described the job and asked what I could offer to them. Set pay so I didn't even think of negotiating.

Consumer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Initial resume screening, in person interview, writing test

Interview Questions
    • What is one PR or advertising campaign you've seen that you would have done differently if you had been on the team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in February 2014.

I applied online, and was then contacted via email to set up a phone interview. I was supposed to speak with two people but only one ended up being available. I was then contacted to do a writing test, and I received an email after that informing me I had not been selected. It was pretty standard and the people I was in contact with were friendly and understanding when I had to reschedule.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions, but nothing took me by surprise. The questions were about my experience and interests.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

There were 5 total interviews, followed by compensation negotiation -- it went very quickly

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in February 2014.

I know someone who works for Weber, so I was actually able to email my resume directly to an HR representative. I heard back about three weeks later saying that they wanted to schedule an interview. The very next day, I was there for my interview. They are quick and efficient and don't like to waste their time or yours. I met with five people during my interview, including one HR rep. The interview questions are pretty standard. However, you have to know your stuff. If you're not up to date on PR tactics, it will show. Be prepared to ask them a lot of questions and know who their clients are. I met with each person for about 15-20 minutes and then met with someone from HR. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. They all love their jobs and working with each other. You really have to be passionate to fit in here. A week later, they emailed me to let me know I made it onto the next round and sent me their writing test. I had 5 days to complete it. If you make it onto this round, be prepared to block out a decent amount of time for the test. It's very extensive. I submitted my test and two days later they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite brand that you follow on social media and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, interns have a set pay.

Worked for Weber Shandwick? Contribute to the Community!