Weber Shandwick

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Interview

Summer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for a summer internship by getting in contact with human resources. From there I was given a phone interview by an HR person which was very informal and was more like a conversation, but obviously still evaluative. A few weeks later I received an email saying I had gotten the internship. The next part in the process was going into the actual office and having in-person interviews with several different teams that I had expressed interest in so they could see where to put me within the agency. A week later I was placed in my sector of the agency.

Interview Question – Two examples of situations where I overcame one of my flaws.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in April 2014.

Interview Details – Upon submitting my resume, I was contacted for a brief phone interview with the Director of Recruiting, and then scheduled for an in-person interview. I first met with the recruiter (same one from the phone) and went over basic questions. Afterwards I met with four others (an AAE, VP, Group Manager and Account Supervisor). I was there from 11am-1pm. Everyone was great and they made me feel at ease. They asked basic interview questions - no curve balls. There were a number of other applicants, which is why I think the process took a while. I received the writing test after almost four weeks and was offered the position the next day.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview Details – Initial interview with director of practice area for the state followed by 5 conversations with people at all levels in the office where the position was. I got in the door through an employee referral after an informational interview. There are a lot of interviews in the process. They want you talk to everyone you will work with.

Interview Question – What are your strategies for time management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter will introduce salary conversation after first interviews and ask what you expect to earn. Go in with the knowledge of what people at your level and in your specific office make, so you can point to something in negotiations.

Public Relations Intern - Social Media Impact Interview

Public Relations Intern - Social Media Impact
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was one phone call, which I was a little awkward with. The interviewer promptly got back to me by the next day, declining me for the position. She was talking to me in a phone booth with weird acoustics, and I had my low-reception cell phone, which started the whole thing off on a strange note.

Interview Question – She asked me what sort of leadership I've exhibited in my professional career, which I had a hard time answering. She also asked if I'd done any research that I could show off, and though I had done much of it in college, I drew an almost complete blank.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in May 2014.

Interview Details – Started with an interview with 4 different people and then a follow up phone interview with one of the VP's on the team I was applying to. All went exceptionally well and I left feeling positive about the experience. They all went over my background and work history as well as what they are looking for in candidates and for the position. They asked your "standard fair" of interview questions, nothing too tricky, "what are your strengths/weaknesses" etc. The phone interview was a little more in-depth and he asked some tougher questions but I hung up the phone feeling as if it had gone well. Got a tip that I might be a finalist for the position from someone I know who works at the firm but didn't hear anything back from anyone there for over a week.

Interview Question – What are the three most important things that make a successful PR/communications campaign?   Answer Question

Public Relations Intern Interview

Public Relations Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview Details – Very nice people. Applied online. HR sent me an email and I had two interviews. They asked basic questions about past experiences and it was very friendly. I met with four people and they described the job and asked what I could offer to them. Set pay so I didn't even think of negotiating.

Interview Question – Straight forward past experiences   Answer Question

Consumer Intern Interview

Consumer Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview Details – Initial resume screening, in person interview, writing test

Interview Question – What is one PR or advertising campaign you've seen that you would have done differently if you had been on the team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was then contacted via email to set up a phone interview. I was supposed to speak with two people but only one ended up being available. I was then contacted to do a writing test, and I received an email after that informing me I had not been selected. It was pretty standard and the people I was in contact with were friendly and understanding when I had to reschedule.

Interview Question – I don't remember any specific questions, but nothing took me by surprise. The questions were about my experience and interests.   Answer Question

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President

Interviewed at Weber Shandwick

Interview Details – There were 5 total interviews, followed by compensation negotiation -- it went very quickly

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself in 45 seconds or lees   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Weber Shandwick in February 2014.

Interview Details – I know someone who works for Weber, so I was actually able to email my resume directly to an HR representative. I heard back about three weeks later saying that they wanted to schedule an interview. The very next day, I was there for my interview. They are quick and efficient and don't like to waste their time or yours. I met with five people during my interview, including one HR rep. The interview questions are pretty standard. However, you have to know your stuff. If you're not up to date on PR tactics, it will show. Be prepared to ask them a lot of questions and know who their clients are. I met with each person for about 15-20 minutes and then met with someone from HR. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. They all love their jobs and working with each other. You really have to be passionate to fit in here. A week later, they emailed me to let me know I made it onto the next round and sent me their writing test. I had 5 days to complete it. If you make it onto this round, be prepared to block out a decent amount of time for the test. It's very extensive. I submitted my test and two days later they made an offer.

Interview Question – What is your favorite brand that you follow on social media and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, interns have a set pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Weber Shandwick

Worked for Weber Shandwick? Contribute to the Community!

Weber Shandwick Videos

Weber Shandwick – Why Work for Us?

Weber Shandwick is a global public relations and communications leader. Across an expansive global network of public relations practitioners, our award-winning communications teams bring to every engagement an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Weber Shandwick interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by Weber Shandwick employees and interview candidates.